Recent content by pclane65

  1. pclane65

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    I have taken this Alaska cruise twice!!! The helicopter ride through the iced mountain passes and landing on a iceberg was an experience I will never forget. It was the most spiritual experience I've ever had! I will go back again as soon as I save a little more money Have great fun and...
  2. pclane65

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Nanners, My granddaughter (19 years old) was with me at my OS appt. The Doc asked if I was still doing PT. I kinda grunted and smiled. After we left Kristina said "grandmama did you just lie to the doctor?" Of course not...I didn't actually answer and he wasn't really listening :)
  3. pclane65

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    I was about 8 weeks out from surgery when I got up the nerve to try the bubble bath. I sat on the side of the tub and slowly lowered myself in using my left (non surgical) leg for stability. It worked! Getting out I used my arms for stability and walked my feet up under me until I could stand...
  4. pclane65

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Hi Nanners, I have been following your progress (or sometimes, lack of) and wanted to tell you from my experience.... YES it will get better. I had RTKR April 10 and boy-oh-boy what a ride! Stomach issues and all! After my 12 in-home PT visits I quit! I did the exercises that didn't hurt on a...
  5. pclane65

    TKR granmam11

    Hey Granmam11, I had my right knee replacement on April 10, 2012. If I am walking by myself I have no problem. However, if I am walking with someone I find that I try to keep up and always have a sore knee afterwards. I have a neuroma in each foot. This causes both pain and tingling. I've found...
  6. pclane65

    TKR I made it through too!

    Thanks Jacky, Yes, my life is much better now than a year (or two or three) ago! I still have some achy days and a little swelling but the ice takes care of it! I love ice! My surgeon has never mentioned ice. I got that excellent info from this site! The Chiropractor is working well for me...
  7. pclane65

    Advice please-4½ weeks post-op TKR

    In the world of knee replacements there is no such thing as NORMAL. Your knee will tell you when you have done too much or not enough, etc. It sounds like your knee is angry right now. I know how hard it is to know what to do! I am at 4 months and there are still days when I have to ice...
  8. pclane65

    TKR Jancat's story

    Was it determined that all this trouble with your knee came from an insect bite?
  9. pclane65

    TKR I made it through too!

    Thanks for all your input! I located a Chiropractor who says he practices whollistically...thanks Becky I like the sound of that.My insurance will help pay a Chiropractor but not physical therapy or massage or acupuncture. So, I will go see this Chiropractor next week and sees how it goes. I am...
  10. pclane65

    TKR I made it through too!

    At almost 4 months out my knee is doing good. Not wonderful yet, but good. Swelling a bit now and then and achy when it swells. I am off all RX meds and take the Bonesmart cocktail only as needed. I am not doing any formal pt and I haven't since my 12 sessions of in-home pt ended. I am...
  11. pclane65

    TKR Recovering in Western North Carolina

    Hi Becky, I guess I have done a little too much and my knee hasn't been happy the last few days. I have been icing and elevating and taking a small amt of pain medicine. I had been off the meds for about two weeks! But mine sounds like a little ouch compared to yours. At three months I...
  12. pclane65

    TKR Recovering in Western North Carolina

    So glad to see you back! I have been thinking about you and lost all your contact info! Even my phone died and the sims card with it! I am starting from scratch with all my contacts! It sounds like you had a great uplifting time. And to be able to walk! Thank you Lord! I am also continuing...
  13. pclane65

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Oh how well I remember The Blob! When my granddaughters were 12 and 13 they watched it with me on television. We had so much fun!! They are 21 and 22 now and we still talk about The Blob! They just don't make them like they used to! It sounds like you are continuing to improve. To be able to...
  14. pclane65

    TKR 2 weeks post op - Hopeful or Hopeless?

    Hi Shanis, My worst times were weeks 2 and 3. After the 4th week everything seemed to ease a bit. In that 2nd week I believe the Physical Therapy was too much so I cut it out for a week. When I started back I made sure it was gentle stretching, etc. IMO if you move the knee around, walk a...
  15. pclane65

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Sonja, I have been following your posts throughout all my ups and downs following RKR 3 months ago. I just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you have been. When I read about your near mishap with the laundry basket I have to admit I thought.... now why in the world would she do that in the...
Back
Top Bottom