Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Here is a better picture of the "calf that blew up like a balloon!"
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Oh Dear!!! :yikes:

How did your day go? Did you find something to be thankful for? Or are you just plain thankful to have made it through the day? I wish you a wonderful sleep tonight!
 
That's some scary picture, Sonja! I may have nightmares tonight.:rotfl: I see BJ that you are behaving pretty well--but you didn't keep Sonja from misbehaving! Two foxes in the hen house.
 
I think that you had us figured, Judy. We mean well, and we really do try,:angel: but in the end I think that we really do not think about how much we are doing.:dancy: Someone suggested that I journal everything that I do, which I did not find to be a bad idea, because then I can look back and see all that I have done.

BTW you only think that I am behaving because I have not actually confessed to all that I did today. :heehee: But I did have my kids do all of the heavy work. (furniture moving)
 
Oh Dear!!! :yikes:

How did your day go? Did you find something to be thankful for? Or are you just plain thankful to have made it through the day? I wish you a wonderful sleep tonight!
BJ, I have a lot to be thankful for! I just talked to my hubby and Mom and they made it safely to Wichita Falls, TX. That is where his aunt lives, and they all want me to come and see them soon. All of her children and all grandchildren except one were able to be there! I am thankful for safe travels. I am also thankful that I don't have a calf that looks like a balloon anymore, and the bruising is disappearing! I took a refreshing nap today, and that was heavenly! I needed it so badly as all I could think about were my sorrows instead of my blessings!:angel:
God got my attention on slowing down when no one else could!:wink:

By the way BJ, that picture is gigantic now! Thanks so much!:rofsign:Or were you just trying to confirm that I actually shaved before taking the picture!:heehee:
 
That's some scary picture, Sonja! I may have nightmares tonight.:rotfl: I see BJ that you are behaving pretty well--but you didn't keep Sonja from misbehaving! Two foxes in the hen house.
Yep you are right! Two foxes in the hen house! But this fox has been trapped, and I am working on trapping BJ! Sounds like she is doing a pretty darned good job though!:rotfl:
At least she isn't lifting heavy furniture, but she didn't say what she did do, so hmmmmm, I might have more work to do!:heehee:
 
Hello Everyone! :yay:

Went to PT today, and Katie was very impressed by the difference in my leg from just today vs Tuesday! A lot of the bruising is leaving, and the swelling has gone down tremendously! I am a happy camper... Still miss Hubby and know that they will have a great time at the reunion, but I am SO glad I stayed home. I am on oral antibiotics, the ones I had before surgery, and they are killing my stomach! I can't keep them down. Today I remembered to take the pill that will keep the medicine down. I bet I could open a pharmacy with all the meds I am taking! LOL :rotfl:
 
BJ, I have a lot to be thankful for! I just talked to my hubby and Mom and they made it safely to Wichita Falls, TX. That is where his aunt lives, and they all want me to come and see them soon. All of her children and all grandchildren except one were able to be there! I am thankful for safe travels. I am also thankful that I don't have a calf that looks like a balloon anymore, and the bruising is disappearing! I took a refreshing nap today, and that was heavenly! I needed it so badly as all I could think about were my sorrows instead of my blessings!:angel:
God got my attention on slowing down when no one else could!:wink:

By the way BJ, that picture is gigantic now! Thanks so much!:rofsign:Or were you just trying to confirm that I actually shaved before taking the picture!:heehee:

I am glad that you were able to focus on things that you are thankful for. My counselor encourages people to make a "blessing box" and a "**** bucket". In the blessing box, that we decorate nicely, we are to write down things that we are thankful for, and revisit it often rereading the things that we are thankful for. In the "**** bucket" we are to write down the not so nice things and leave them there...

Yes, God has a way of getting our attention when no one else can!!!

I don't think that I did anything with the picture, but that sure was one ballooned up leg, glad that it is coming back down in size. Nice shave job though! :loll:
 
Yep you are right! Two foxes in the hen house! But this fox has been trapped, and I am working on trapping BJ! Sounds like she is doing a pretty darned good job though!:rotfl:
At least she isn't lifting heavy furniture, but she didn't say what she did do, so hmmmmm, I might have more work to do!:heehee:

This fox is too sly to be trapped! OOPS, I am not issuing a challenge. Cause I know that God can trap me if he wants to...

I was just cleaning up and rearranging my guest room as it had a lot of junk in it... but really when I needed things moved I had the kids do it. I did vacuum it myself though instead of recruiting them for that job.
 
Hello Everyone! :yay:

Went to PT today, and Katie was very impressed by the difference in my leg from just today vs Tuesday! A lot of the bruising is leaving, and the swelling has gone down tremendously! I am a happy camper... Still miss Hubby and know that they will have a great time at the reunion, but I am SO glad I stayed home. I am on oral antibiotics, the ones I had before surgery, and they are killing my stomach! I can't keep them down. Today I remembered to take the pill that will keep the medicine down. I bet I could open a pharmacy with all the meds I am taking! LOL :rotfl:

Glad that you are doing better, both physically and emotionally. It is a good thing that you remembered the pill to keep the meds down. :rotfl: I remember in the hospital when I was feeling so naeseus (sp?) and finally remembered that they told me I could have a pill to take that away... duh!!! But I was glad that I finally remembered.
 
My Hubby and Mom made it safely to Kansas City. :angel: Pat is going to set up video chat at the reunion so that I can see and talk to everyone! What a nice surprise!!
 
Ahhh, video chat, that is nice. When one of my boys was away and the Steelers were in the Superbowl he watched where he was and we kept him on video chat the whole game so that he could be with us at our Superbowl party. It really helped him to feel a part of the party. And of course I had sent him a "goodie box" that included black and gold cup cakes and a new steeler t-shirt.

Sonja, that is such a nice surprise. Remember that your attitude can make it a blessing or a bummer. Choose a thankful mindset. 20years ago we could not have included our out of town family in this way. Have fun getting to check in with and visit and see the relatives. And isn't Pat a sweetheart for planning this surprise for you? :)
 
Ahhh, video chat, that is nice. When one of my boys was away and the Steelers were in the Superbowl he watched where he was and we kept him on video chat the whole game so that he could be with us at our Superbowl party. It really helped him to feel a part of the party. And of course I had sent him a "goodie box" that included black and gold cup cakes and a new steeler t-shirt.

Sonja, that is such a nice surprise. Remember that your attitude can make it a blessing or a bummer. Choose a thankful mindset. 20years ago we could not have included our out of town family in this way. Have fun getting to check in with and visit and see the relatives. And isn't Pat a sweetheart for planning this surprise for you? :)

Yes Pat has been a real sweetheart about the whole thing! Driving my Mom to her family reunion which I forgot is actually 14 hours from our house is wonderful! He isn't one that went to family reunions, so he did it out of love for me! The video chat is an amazing idea; Pat had configured a Internet connection that I could use all the way to Kansas City in the SUV so I wouldn't fall behind in my schooling. He is wonderful! :yahoo:
 
Sonja, I have been following your posts throughout all my ups and downs following RKR 3 months ago. I just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you have been. When I read about your near mishap with the laundry basket I have to admit I thought.... now why in the world would she do that in the first place...Until yesterday when I dropped something on the floor and without thinking I knelt down to pick it up! The good news is I didn't think about my knee...the bad news is my knee didn't like it one bit!! And, as my grandson was helping me get up off the floor I thought about you and the laundry basket! I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. You are one though Cookie!!
 
Patti, thank you so much for your kind words! I have taken it a lot slower since the laundry mishap, as a matter of fact, laundry is piling up as we speak!:whistle: I realize though, that I was given a tremendous opportunity when Dr. Maale agreed to do my surgery. He is selective, and he expects his patients to do what they are supposed to! The patients he accepts though are the ones who are the toughest cases and so it is imperative that the patient listen! I am a little hardheaded as you might have guessed,:wink: but the laundry incident and the celebrex and motrin incident were enough to scare me into being good!:) I may be one tough cookie, but even cookies crumble sometimes!:heehee:
 
This fox is too sly to be trapped! OOPS, I am not issuing a challenge. Cause I know that God can trap me if he wants to...

I was just cleaning up and rearranging my guest room as it had a lot of junk in it... but really when I needed things moved I had the kids do it. I did vacuum it myself though instead of recruiting them for that job.

Good thing you aren't issuing a challenge as even "foxes" can be humbled by God! :heehee:

Well, since you are rearranging the guest room but haven't quite got this "slowing down" part ironed out yet, maybe I should come and visit! Then you would see what a "model" patient looks like! :rotfl:
 
Oh Sonja, you do make me laugh! Model patient! :rotfl: But then they say that laughter is the best medicine, thanks for my medicine and it is good medicine at that... :thankyou:
 
Oh Sonja, you do make me laugh! Model patient! :rotfl: But then they say that laughter is the best medicine, thanks for my medicine and it is good medicine at that... :thankyou:
They say laughter is the best medicine, and I provide plenty of chuckles! :rotfl:

I was just online finishing my last thesis that isn't due until Monday, when I found one of my old emails to my last facilitator. She said she was going to keep the note forever for anytime she was feeling down! She came and visited me at the hospital when I had my revision! I'm not sure she thought I was real! LOL :rofsign:
 
Yes Pat has been a real sweetheart about the whole thing! Driving my Mom to her family reunion which I forgot is actually 14 hours from our house is wonderful! He isn't one that went to family reunions, so he did it out of love for me! The video chat is an amazing idea; Pat had configured a Internet connection that I could use all the way to Kansas City in the SUV so I wouldn't fall behind in my schooling. He is wonderful! :yahoo:

Well the video chat with the relatives yesterday was nice! The only problem was that it was 116 degrees in Kansas City yesterday, and that modem was adapted to fit into the cigarette lighter so I could do my studying on the road! Pat had it hooked up, but it kept cutting out, until he went out to the Armada and cranked up the air conditioner! We have a black Nissan Armada, with a black interior; which although is beautiful, the sun thinks so too! It just makes it an oven in no time! :heehee:
 
Hubby and Mom arrived safely home last night! :yes!:

Now I have a problem that is driving me crazy! When I do my extensions, one side of my kneecap goes down, and the other just stays the same! I have seen no improvement in two months, and I am getting very frustrated! :gaah:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom