Recent content by patbike

  1. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Thinking of you today. you deserve a perfect outcome.
  2. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Best of luck with the next step in your journey. Thoughts are with you.
  3. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    great work out. you must have some hills around there to get that 159 bpm. hard to do that on the level.
  4. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Your story inspires and I regularly check for updates. Sounds like you missed the storms in Hawaii. Wife and I are going soon to Kona. It is just nice to get away and do a little snorkeling and occasionally see a turtle. We are with you and wish you the best.
  5. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    I haven't checked out your thread for a few months and just caught up. Your posts inspired me during my recovery and I wish you the best. If you are in Hawaii that sounds great. My wife and I are planning to go too in December. It is always nice to get away for a while.
  6. patbike

    Anyone have their TKR closed with surgical glue?

    mine was glued, no problems
  7. patbike

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    at one year my doctor said no running or jumping but nothing about digging holes. I will add it to my small list of do not dos. Thanks for the update.
  8. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    @RunA42K I went to Roadrunners and told them I was working with a shoe consultant in Texas and read your list to them. The shoe store gave me an evaluation including foot pressure sensor that confirmed a highish arch and put me on a treadmill with a video to check my pronation. They...
  9. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    @RunA42K Listening to you all talk about shoes makes me want to go out and buy some good ones. Last couple of years I was getting them for $50 from the factory stores or $25 from big 5. Now I think I have been mistreating my feet etc. Does the 1 size larger suggestion apply to non-runners who...
  10. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    @RunA42K I was at my one year check up Monday and my O/S said do anything except no running and no jumping. so when you walk that Marathon don't take off in a sprint at the end.
  11. patbike

    TKR Cyclist - Managing My Recovery

    @trailspud Cycling is at or better than pre-op level. I tend to do 100 or so a week unless I am away from home. My wife and daughter are into competitive horse activities so I get called on a lot to help them out which I also enjoy. I really like the group rides around here. There are many...
  12. patbike

    TKR Cyclist - Managing My Recovery

    I had my one year check up yesterday. The surgeon said all was fine and to keep doing the biking and any thing else I want to do except jumping and running. My ROM is almost equal to my good knee and I am very pleased with the result. I had a Zimmer Persona device. The surgeon wants to see...
  13. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Sounds like a great plan for the 1/2 marathon. Once you can get the rotation and get out on the bike i hope you will begin slowly and on level ground at first. All good news.
  14. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    I'm glad you are going to the OS and I know you will be your best advocate. You deserve the same attention you received during the surgery and hopefully your surgeon will be willing to take the time to discuss your situation, your expectations and also provide specific recommendations with...
  15. patbike

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    My two cents. Oldie makes a good point on swelling. Heat promotes blood flow and can cause swelling to compromised tissue. It can be effective to loosen up the joint before exercise but is not a good idea afterwards as it tends to cause swelling. Cold restricts the blood flow to the area...
Back
Top Bottom