Recent content by Ollie

  1. Ollie

    TKR The ‘tears and regret’ stage...

    Surgery was June 26!
  2. Ollie

    TKR The ‘tears and regret’ stage...

    Hi all! I am a week into my recovery (right TKR - had left done 5 yrs ago) and am feeling all the feels of frustration, etc. Am having a lot of pain in my thigh and shin and I know much is from the surgical tourniquet, but also had a lot of arthritis to clean out so tissues are very angry...
  3. Ollie

    2019 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    June 26 RTKR. Left knee done in 2014 and the forum helped me through several rough patches. Not looking forward to the ‘tears & regret’, but ready to get to the ‘it gets better’ part!
  4. Ollie

    TKR Ollie's Adventure

    @Josephine Yes- that is pretty close to the tender spots!! Especially at the back of my knee, it is actually more like really high on my calf. So I guess my weekend of ice, rest, and naproxen is the ticket! Thank you, Josephine!! Will keep posting my recovery better. Am trying to get ready...
  5. Ollie

    TKR Ollie's Adventure

    Thank you @kneeper I am planning on a low stress weekend. Is already feeling better after being careful the last couple of days. Some ice, naproxen, and elevation!!
  6. Ollie

    TKR Ollie's Adventure

    @Josephine Thank you for weighing in. I am not doing any program at all; just walking and normal life things like being on my feet at work in short bursts, grocery shopping, and taking my little dog out. I was doing water walking until the weather got cold and it became too hard to get to...
  7. Ollie

    TKR Ollie's Adventure

    hi all. Has been a long time since I've been by to chat - work has kept me busy and am trying to buy a house. What I'd like is some advice/ideas about some stiffness and what I am guessing is ligament pain. My recovery slowed down after returning to work, but am doing very well. The cold...
  8. Ollie

    TKR A Lefty for kneeper

    @kneeper Oh, you give me such hope for my situation!! I am 10 days away from 7 months and my knee feels like you describe yours!! I will have #2 done this summer and am hoping to get back to my active self!! I worry sometimes that I won't get 'better', but you are helping me stay positive!!
  9. Ollie

    MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

    @billywhizz666 I am so sorry to hear of your situation. My thoughts have been with you for months, Billy. And I agree that you need to seek some legal advice on this. Someone in the chain of care did you wrong, Billy, and you deserve better.
  10. Ollie

    TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

    @Minnie's knees Yes - be careful and aware of the exercise you'll be getting at work. Maybe you can ice a bit at lunch? That still feels good for my knee!
  11. Ollie

    TKR Ollie's Adventure

    @kneeper Thank you for stopping by. Not many visitors lately. Seems that there have been conflicts? Sorry to hear. All the fun chatter and chit chat was really good for me while convalescing. But that idea for knee jackets or super thermal wraps or easy on, easy off knee sleeves. . . I...
  12. Ollie

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Hope you're have a wonderful Christmas! I am hoping you are feeling good and taking care.
  13. Ollie

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    How are you feeling today, @madinana ? Not overdoing, I hope! Merry Christmas!
  14. Ollie

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    @Nana moon 27 Stopping in to Wish You a Merry Christmas... And An Un-Achy New Year!! @Legin And to you, oh masterful Ogre!! I seem to like hearing your tales. :reindeerlights:
  15. Ollie

    TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

    @Minnie's knees Always thinking about you, today, tomorrow and the recovery after!! Think happy thoughts and you'll be great! Dancing and singing in no time!
Back
Top Bottom