MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

@Celle I'm so embarrassed! I had no less that FOUR typos in that one small post! And you still managed to make sense of it!

Note to self - don't post when you are mega tired!
 
@billywhizz666 I am so sorry to hear of your situation. My thoughts have been with you for months, Billy. And I agree that you need to seek some legal advice on this. Someone in the chain of care did you wrong, Billy, and you deserve better.
 
@billywhizz666 - just read your thread. I am very interested to know how you are now. Hopefully, they fixed the muscle and you're finally getting some relief from the pain.
 
Hello all...been takin a break an hoping time would sort things out but no such luck..
I'm back in hosp on Thursday 19th Feb to have the much dreaded M.U.A. operation on my set like concrete knee..very worried as during my pre op with my consultant he mentioned 3 times in a 30 minute speech the very strong chances of breaking my leg during the manipulation.
Apparently they don't like doin it after 3 months and mines been 6 months now..hey ho wot can u do..any suggestions Josephine??????
The lump in my thigh which has been described as and I quote..a hernia...a torn muscle...a ruptured muscle..is now officially a limpona 4 to 5 inches in size.the second largest my new consultant had ever seen..and is due to come out after my knee op in the near future.
To be honest good people..I have a bad feeling about my knee..I don't think it's ever gonna mend and I'm not sayin that from a bad place. I've thought Bout it..worried about it..tried swimming to build it up..walk in talkin and most other things but I cannot see them gettin it right...
U have to see it..it's set like marble no give at all less than 65 Rom...on a good day...I've forgotten most of the rules on here...I'm that type I'm afraid scatter brained..could one of u nice readers prod the good Josephine for me for her advice and help she dishes out like mother Abigail...sorry for goin on
Be lucky everyone Jimmy xxxxxxxxx
 
Hello @billywhizz666

Jimmy, I have had a very erm what shall we say, interesting journey. Gosh but nothing on the scale of yours.

I had my knee done 12 months ago January gone. So I do get what you are going through. I don't know how you feel, I'm not you.

The experience of slow recovery is the pits. There are a lot of people on here who have had slow recoveries. Don't get sucked into thinking you're at fault. It's not you it's the procedure.

I'll write to you later. I've got grandkids here x think you need to speak to a solicitor xxx
 
@Josephine, @billywhizz666, has asked that someone can tag you, he is having a hard time. I feel for you Jimmy, I too am having a rough time. Let's hope someone can fix your problem. We are here to support you.
 
Oh @billywhizz666

We will watch out for you. You're not alone. This is the whole point of the forum. Non judgemental, caring friends who support each other male or female x

I had a revision the third week of September and only in the last month is my knee now doing finally what it should.

Your case is a lot more complex than mine but we can support and understand slow recovery and we are a sounding board for you to vent if you need to and ask advice, ideas, suggestions.

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Apparently they don't like doin it after 3 months and mines been 6 months now..hey ho wot can u do..any suggestions Josephine??????
Oh Billy, my darling chap! My heart goes out to you. But I can understand your surgeon being leery about this. However, I have seen MUAs done 6 months, 12 months and even 18 months after surgery so don't fret. We also had a member called nursepair who had an MUA done at 12 months whens he had the other knee done! It never got to a great ROM but at least she can walk and do stairs with it.

I still think you ought to have a second opinion on this knee though you might have to travel to get it. I mentioned to you before about the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital on Oswestry. Did you ever look into that?
 
Thanks for replying @billywhizz666 - I remember Billy the Whizz from the Beano cartoons. I wish someone could just draw you a new leg!
I hope the MUA goes smoothly - it certainly sounds like you need one to get your knee moving. It's the pits to be stuck with limited ROM. The whole body takes a beating compensating for it. I can get to 70 on a good day but am only 3 months out.
Glad they finally figured out what the lump was. Good luck with that surgery too! Take care and I'll be thinking about you on the 19th!
 
Oh Billy I am hoping all goes well. What a worry. It's enough just getting the knee done in the first place. I had my left knee replaced June 30th 2014 and had a horrible clicking and locking feeling. Had another surgery January 16th 2015. The doctor pulled out a piece of my tibia that was lodged in my flesh and preventing the inside to heal. It was moving around and causing the problems. Doc said that it was a unique situation she hadn't seen before. We don't want to be unique when it comes to our body's and medical issues do we! I am doing pretty good. Knee still a bit tight. I got a bad cold and haven't done PT yet. I will certainly keep you in my prayers!!!
 
Well u never cease to amaze me good people..no lovely people I'm totally in love wit nana moon..cannot believe someone's called motown girl.I used to listen to r/b in bed writing all the brilliant lyrics down..Smokey r.the temps..4tops..Gladys.Stevie.Jimmy ruffin...up to Curtis and Billy Paul ...
Wrangler cheers mate u helped to cheer a nervous scouser up..
Josephine can once again apologise for misusin the rules of the board mia culpa
I am gonna look into the oswestry suggestion it sounds good.
People I love your comments but as for the legal option I don't have it in me to sue anyone who was really only tryin to help me...I believe the word..accident..is in the dictionary for a good reason..
I'm truly humbled and astonished at the warmth I felt reason your comments..I will keep my chin up as u have instructed. Thank u all xxxxxxxxx x
 
Hi @billywhizz666

I'm glad you got plenty of support on here. Just try and stay in touch now and again. I only know about Oswestry's excellence through some people on the caravan site in Wales, where ours is, who had their knees done there. The site is mid Wales. A couple of miles from the coast but aeons from Swansea! They're the most active people you ever did see. Walking miles with their dogs, going for walks in the surrounding forests and cycling!

You don't have to be chin up everyday. Everyone is allowed to have a rest day from that one!

@martyz4 I cringed when I read what happened to you. I hope your cold gets better soon.

@Wrangler yes wouldn't it be nice to draw everyone new legs and hips. No more surgery....dreams...Your rom is doing nicely. 14 months on I finally got the elusive 120/0 x

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27, I know, I cringed when she told me lol!! Billy, you sound so upbeat. You will get through this. You know a lot of healing is in our conscious and yours sounds great!!!! And nanamoon is a doll!!!
 
Well bottle is goin at a great rate of knots for tomorrow.....an one more person sayin "wot didn't kill u makes you stronger " no it. Does not my little scouse mate Tommy two sheds....bit posh...had polio as a kid...never made him stronger I'm afraid..
Anyway I digress due to the yellow streak run in thro my back bone...scared I am and there u go it's out there...as the kids say....
But tomorrow will come an go an I'm confident that my little gammy leg will be peddling the machine like billywhizz himself Fri morn..
 
Hi @billywhizz666

I assume you're referring to physio? If so do not let them force or hurt your knee x you have the right to say NO! Politely of course!

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Best wishes for your MUA. Come back when you can and let us know how you get on.
 
Back
Top Bottom