When you said that you fell out of bed, you reminded me of a Texas law in effect until the 1980s. A wife could not fall out of bed during sex with her husband. I don't know how often that was enforced.....
Hope you do better with your job and are able to get a break in your caregiving. Be...
@Jozilla
Can't find your thread again! How are you doing? How did surgery go Monday? Last post I saw had you in pre op at hospital. Hope all went and is going well!
Saw Infectious Disease doc and OS yesterday and will again on Monday. There was another place on incision line that had drainage. Infectious Disease folks not too worried about new place, even though some drainage is prurient. No one was worried about draining above knee, because it is still...
Well. I am doing better and feeling well. Saw plastic surgeon and OS Tuesday. Congrats to myself for not being sent straight to hospital. But there was some redness and heat that they didn't like. And, of course, yesterday I started draining clear fluid from an old JP drain site. I am on 4...
I wish there was a good answer. Listen to everyone, but you do have to make the decision. I've had infections, surgery after surgery to drain, lab tests, haven't been able to work and had to draw money out of retirement funds. Now that I am feeling better, there is a new place that is...
Doing OK still. Actually got out and drove to fast food drive through. Hoping to go to get hair cut Sunday morning. Still doing one chore a day. (Small chores). Practiceing with cane --around my bed, so if I fall, I''ll fall on the bed. Need to work on extension so I can transition from...
Hope you find relief soon. Just remember that you have to get used to orthotics. Wear for a couple of hours a day at first, gradually increasing the time you wear them. Some professionals will insist that you wear all the time, except for bathing. That tends to lead to lots of pain and non...
@Jozilla
Thinking of you as you enter your last weekend before surgery. Remember, you won't remember a thing! I have a history of NSAID induced ulcers, and I am on Celebrex with a stomach med. I am not having problems with this I just have to remember to stop once risks from inflammation are...
Home!
Left hospital later than I expected yesterday; I got rude when I found out the delay wad because the nurses were waiting to see if my HOME DELIVERY IV ANTIBIOTIC PHARMACY wanted to deliver to the hospital. (Glad I was rude, they didn't make it to my house till after 6pm last night)...
Can you be a little rude? Or maybe insist on speaking to the man in charge? Or have your OS call? You must be so frustrated with this! Do what you have to do to decrease your pain. I hope you get the answers you need soon so you can have the appropriate treatment
Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I am thinking about you. Although you still have challenges, it sounds like you are doing and feeling better, and are able to get around better. Hoping that your improvement continues!
Oh, wow! I guess private for profit insurance? I do my antibiotics, flush both lumen (pigtails) on my picc line daily. The nurse draws blood and changes the picc line dressing weekly.
Going home tomorrow. I realize that I am not having pain, evev when I am up and around. I wonder if the 6 days in bed didn't give me the best therapy after all. Maybe the folks across the pond are right not to push PT right away!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.