Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

@Pumpkln it's interesting that you said "long" week end. For most it is a restful good time. It is very hard and sad for me. That is hard to admit on here.
@DogLoverx3 that chair exercise works for me! Thank you! It doesn't hurt and I can do quite a few.
 
@hopefaith - I'm sorry you are feeling sad.
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery


Hope you can find something that makes you smile.
 
Sad to hear you are having a hard time this weekend, long can mean many different things, for different people.
I am not happy because I am missing my PT today, and I have a dentist appt tomorrow that I never scheduled.
Can't do anything about it until tomorrow.
Time to get off my rear and do my exercises.
 
@DogLoverx3 that chair exercise works for me! Thank you! It doesn't hurt and I can do quite a few.
That's the way! Building up your quads is not something that can be done overnight. I know for me I let myself be talked into overdoing by the PT on the first knee with squats (even wall squats) and that put too much strain. I'm being more cautious this time and I seem to be doing fine.
 
I am a little frustrated with my Physio. today. He says at this point I should have no pain in my knee because it a prosthesis and therefore shouldn't be hurting. I have pain underneath my knee. He says if walking causes some pain to realize it is just the quad (below the knee??) hurting and to keep walking. I need some input here. He says the pain I have with the stairs is due to quad weakness, which makes more sense to me. He says all tissues are completely healed by now so it is my brain that has not adjusted to my new knee. I buy some of this but today I wasn't feeling very good emotionally and I wanted to tell him some not so nice things. :mute:

~~hopefaith
 
Yeah, I don't totally buy that "keep walking" thing. Yes, it's good to do some, but I doubt more exercise is the answer. :scratch:
 
Hi @hopefaith that idiotic PT wants to get a grip. How would he explain my issues of pain 8months down the line? Or those of @DogLoverx3? He sounds very insensitive. Has he actually watched a TKR? Ooh it makes my blood boil sweetie! I also did not like the reference to it being all in your head. He's not a very nice person by the sounds of it and appears to be taking advantage of your vulnerable state. By the way your quads are he big muscle above your knee x x x x. I think you should try and get a better physio he sounds like a right one x x xx however, this is merely my opinion x x x I'm no medical expert either but I'm sure that the healing process doesn't complete in less than six months!!!

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 I like it when your blood boils. Not because I want your blood to boil, just because I can tell you really care. He is quite insensitive. I thought I liked him at first, but not any more. He says how bad my muscles are and makes me feel more awful about myself. And yes, how would he address you and @DogLoverx3 's recoveries. I hope I did not upset you too much. I am just quite upset,about all of,this right now.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom