Guest viewing is limited

TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

@jozilia. Well things couldn't be any worse. Tonight at 11:30 decided to shut off tv and try to go to sleep early
I was in middle of bed and decided to turn over only problem was I fell out of the bed hitting my knee and hip on those strip things you use to plug in all computer stuff. Icing now probably not going to work tomorrow that should make a big impression. Going to try and see surgeon to make sure all body parts are where they should be. Here we go again 2"3 steps forward 2 steps bsck❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hope you get a good report. I worry about falling out of bed, sorry it happened to you. Lousy way to spend a day off.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
So sorry @suzanne Hope all is ok. I too am terrified of falling. I am very klutzy so surprised I haven't already especially up stairs. I also sleep walk! You have a lot to deal with right now. Always remember your health is more important than that school. When I went back to work after tkr I think I took a snow day each week for two months. Since they rarely plow and never use salt or sand I didn't feel too guilty. Hope your OS can see you for x-rays. I was told these knees are pretty indestructible compared to regular knees but your soft tissue was probably injured.

Hugs to you and sincerely hope all is ok. I am having my left tkr today. Yikes!! Have to be at hospital at ten. I will try and visit later today but I will be in CCU unit (sleep apnea) and do not know if wifi works there.

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
Can anything else happen. Waiting for calls from drs PAs atty neurologist and anyone else who can answer my questions. This is getting ridiculous.
Knew I shouldn't have gone back to work (:


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jozilia. Wishing you the best of luck with this surgery. Praying for your speedy recovery


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Eek! @susanne - what a nightmare. You poor thing - as if school wasn't bad enough, you fall out of bed. Ouch! As @Jozilla says, the knees are pretty tough - soft tissue isn't though.

My friend from my other house on the coast has just sent me this photo, he was blown away by the colour of the sky - I thought it was lovely. Hope it cheers you up

XXX
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 
@dogwheels. The photo is post card beautiful. @jozilia@pumpknGoing to be driving myself off a cliff Just went to see surgeon who I missed by 5 mins he had er surgery in city. Had X-rays all fine got note not to return to school for a week. Good thing. Then principal calls to tell me I have to call director of school. Maybe they want to get rid of me???? This is getting seriously ridiculous. Only problem is falling out of bed is not Wkmans comp. or could I put it in as my third job. Lady of the night having wild sex think that would work Have to find new tactics to get out of job
Love to all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart
 
Oh @susanne - I bet you want to scream, all these things one after another ........

Lady of the Night eh? Perhaps we could create a whole new enterprise ...............
You know they have these specialist groups for men that like err much bigger ladies, and men that like heavily tattooed women etc. Perhaps we could set up one for men that have crazy fetishes for ladies with replacement surgeries????? .................... 'The Hot Metal Joint' - Phone and chat with with real ladies with metal bits.

Ha ha - It could catch on!

XX
 
And the saga continues. Bf oxygen low he's not walking not listening and I feel like his mother. After all the rehabs I've been thru and he was always there I feel so guilty. Just want to come home and have my new favorite cocktail . Going back to work Monday. Just have feeling they may fire me. The good thing is my accident happened at home not work. My friend thinks I purposely threw myself off bed so as not to go back. Could be my sub conscience telling me something.??? Anyway knee doing better just a little swollen. Atty said I should never have said I fell that it was exasperated due to work. Nothing like a truthful atty. Anyway thought telling truth was better idea.
Hope everyone feeling ok doing well and pain free
Here's what I do when I leave rehab
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

This makes me happy
Love to all xoxoxo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok so I just noticed this beautiful bruise to match the ones on my knee and head
Ps. I'm not a very good care giver. Bf driving me nuts and feel so guilty.
This is my replacement shoulder. @ dogwheels no laughing !!!
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Sent to my principal for sympathy didn't work too well :(


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello my friends. It's 11:15 ny time not sure who's up or sleeping. Got a call from work from the person who is so mean being so concerned about my fri paycheck. Thought I was talking to a stranger. Very bizarre. Went to see neuro who says I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome my reply was I don't walk on my hands why am I always falling. Told me I need an emg but thinking I may cancel. What's the point. There's nothing you can do. Probably again from restraining children for 23 years. Now bf hallucinating really bad, kept calling with inane questions that made no sense. I called his daughter to see if she would check on him on her way to work ( it was8:30 she has to be at work at11:09 she's a cna). She texted me the nastiest reply she's not going it's just from his meds. Is it me ?? If it was my mom I would be running to her side, not to mention I slept at hospital for 2 nights last year with her. I just don't get it. She hasn't been to see him for 3 days and not going tomorrow bc she has a party to go to.
I'm sorry I'm ranting and raving but just so upset. Such a dysfunctional family and she's the one who calls me her mom?? So done.
My sister came to visit at rehab which was nice. Bf thrilled to see her? Said he has difficulty talking but didn't shut up. Off tomorrow to meet high school/ college friends for a night out. Can't wait to be with people. I return miserably to work on Monday but need the health insurance so going to suck it up and be ok
Love to you all. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@susanne - I just don't know what to say. It is certainly true in your case, that when stuff happens, it all happens at once. Plus there is nothing worse than feeling let down, and you must be feeling just that way with your place of work and your BF's daughter.
You must be so tired and just plain done in, not only from your own recovery and pain but also with all this dog mess at work, you BF's surgery and rehab, your Mum's care and everything. Sounds as if a night out with some old friends is just the answer to cheer yourself up, but try not to indulge too much and end up with any matching bruises (That shoulder one looks painful).

Thinking of you my friend and here is a thought to keep you going ......

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
XXXX
 
Hi Susanne - I am trying to catch up here! Awake since three. You are going thru a lot so hang in there. I think getting a neuro work up including EMG may be helpful to you in the long run. It doesn't take long and doesn't hurt! You may also have nerve damage from your work and all those replacements.

Also remember you are in a chess match with your principal and school. Sometimes you can use that to your advantage

Your stepdaughter sounds like a real sweetheart. Not! You did what you can do so don't feel guilty. You also have serious medical issues that need to be taken care of!

These pain medications cause lots of issues in some people. An 75 year old woman who had her tkr when I did thought she was given birth for two days. She screamed outside my door that whole time. Finally they switched her meds and she came out of it!

Please take care. Enjoy your friends tonight. Bf will be fine and is he is where he should be!

(((Hugs)))
 
It means is much to be able to vent with all of you. Thank u so much for all your support you have no idea what you all mean to me I am on a mission to buy a winning lottery ticket. Figure my luck has to get better
Going back to work Monday hopefully there will be no problem
Love you all❤️❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When you said that you fell out of bed, you reminded me of a Texas law in effect until the 1980s. A wife could not fall out of bed during sex with her husband. I don't know how often that was enforced.....
Hope you do better with your job and are able to get a break in your caregiving. Be careful, take a lot of deep breaths, and know that we are all on your side. BTW, if you have carpal tunnel, get it taken care of as soon as possible. I waited too long, and while I am much better after the surgeries, I still have numbness and weakness in my hands. The surgery is quick and the recovery is not long at all. Do take care of yourself!
 
I think that kitty is so gorgeous and knows how to pose for the camera! My daughters kitty Pun lives with me. He is also gorgeous and big but is not really fond of people. You would never know he lived here if you were visiting. He knows who is supposed to be in the house and he is super affectionate but if he hears an unfamiliar voice he is gone. He has been wonderful with my daughters 16 month old son who can do almost anything to him! Hope you are having fun tonight and hope you got that lottery ticket!

Remember you are beautiful, stronger and smarter than those morons you work with. You can triumph over them - be patient!!

Xoxoxo
 
My dear friends. Could have knocked me over with a feather today at work
The HR person was super nice came looking for me with my paycheck. What drugs is she on?
Anyway forget how tired I get working playing in playground for 2 hrs with the kids coming home feeding kitty and by 4:30 at rehab. With mr helpless. Now I don't think I was this bad now he's become more delusional at night calling to ask me where he is
I'm not a mean person take care of of my mom and sister. But the bf I want to hurl him and his wheelchair thru an open window. Why are men such wimps. I've been thru open heart surgery with my. Dad 2x my mom and my brother. But this one takes the cake. He's in bathroom and every time I go back to sit down he calls me for something else. Pull my pants up can't reach the towel
Now my knee is throbbing shoulder hurts from pushing the lounge chair back for his comfort. Don't know which is worse him here at rehab or coming home✈️ is how ill he dealing with this
Hope everyone is feeling well and stronger each day
Love to all ❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom