Recent content by octopus

  1. octopus

    I made a donation-now problems

    Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I was here but this forum was the best support before, during and after my THR. Problem: I've been trying to donate but have been unable to complete the transaction. I've tried the "contact us" process twice, but have had no answer. Going through the...
  2. octopus

    THR My recovery time has begun...

    Hi Diane, I feel for you, doing it all again. But it will be unbelievable for you to be pain free. How's your new hip doing?
  3. octopus

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Woo hoo!! Two years today!! Loving my new hip. Still have issues with muscles in my thigh & bum, but these are getting less & less. Scar is fading nicely & I'm well on my way to that forgotten hip.
  4. octopus

    THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

    Oh Vicki! I'm so sorry to hear about your breast cancer. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love. xxx
  5. octopus

    THR one year later ...

    Hi Peaches That's interesting, I'm glad your little experiment with the stairs has had a good outcome. Anything that reduces pain is a good thing! For some reason all the muscles in my back are sore again, they had started to improve. (it's an after effect from surgery, now that I walk...
  6. octopus

    THR Poppet survived a major fall!

    Oh, Poppet, such a fright! I hope you are feeling much better now. Thinking of you.
  7. octopus

    THR All Done

    Hi @LeeApril26 Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you are feeling a bit better now. I still worry about falling, especially when walking in the wet or down hill on slippery surfaces. I saw a hippy fall recently, only weeks out from surgery, but apart from the fright, she was fine.
  8. octopus

    THR one year later ...

    Hi @Peaches That's a great 1.5 year update. Here's hoping there's more improvement to come. Yes, I have a shallow hip socket too, i always stood and walked funny. My lower back pain got more and more severe before surgery, but thankfully that has gone now, it's the muscles in the rest of my...
  9. octopus

    THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

    Oh that is good news. I am doing well, about eighteen months along I think. I still have a weak and sometimes painful muscle in my backside which refuses to get with the programme. A bit frustrating but I'm otherwise delighted with the pain free life I can now lead. My job has been made...
  10. octopus

    Very little damage, huge amounts of pain.

    Hi @Alloway it certainly sounds like your surgeon is trying to put you off the surgery. I agree with the suggestion to get a second opinion. I had an injection in my hip pre THR and it gave me four almost pain free weeks. My surgeon did comment that it was possible I could only get that level of...
  11. octopus

    THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

    Hi Vicki! I have just caught up on your thread, I don't seem to have had alerts until I checked in again today. I'm not around much these days, but I like to come by and see how my Bonesmart friends are doing. How are you after your post a couple of weeks ago? Have you seen the surgeon yet...
  12. octopus

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Pleased to read your amazing update Sally, except for the near dislocation. How frightening for you.
  13. octopus

    THR one year later ...

    Hi @Peaches im please to hear your pain has receded, I hope it has stayed that way! I've had a bit of relief from visiting my Osteo and am going again in a couple of days. Painting the ceilings of my bathrooms hasn't helped, but I'm grateful that I can climb step ladders now!
  14. octopus

    THR one year later ...

    Hi peaches, I'm glad you did say something. These pains and weird sensations can be a worry to us. I'm just over the year and a half mark and still have the odd pains. Mostly tightness and little pain in the top of my backside, but sometimes nerve pain down the outer thigh, and even pain that...
  15. octopus

    Specialists disagree - absolute agony - where to go go for the best

    Hi @eira1006 I have been off Bonesmart for a month or so, just wondering where things are at and how your wife is doing. Does she have a surgery date? All the best.
Back
Top Bottom