Guest viewing is limited

Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

Hello everyone! I pray all is going well. I just want to share some good news- I am with child and will be having a c-section in about 7 weeks. I am 7.5 months pregnant.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Ms. Tatiana:
What wonderful news. Thanks for sharing this with our Hippie community. God is good!
I am sure your C section will go smoothly and that you will enjoy your sweet new baby. God bless you.
 
Woo hoo!! Two years today!! Loving my new hip. Still have issues with muscles in my thigh & bum, but these are getting less & less. Scar is fading nicely & I'm well on my way to that forgotten hip.
 
Hi all! I'm here too .... glad Jo sent out the e-mail. I'd been forgetting to write lately. It's a big, fat, snowy day here .... could get 12" ..... isn't Spring coming soon? I want to start taking long walks again.
Re. the knee, well after 3 surgeries on the same one, I think I'm just about at the end. Had my first RTKR in May of 2011, then in 2013 had to have scar tissue taken out, then just last Oct. I had to have a revision as it had come loose - I fell in my kitchen - fell over my cat! Then had a ligament injured by the first P.T. I went to .... went to another, and now all I have to keep doing is strengthening that knee. It's getting stronger by the day. I can now stand up directly from a soft chair without using my hands .... it smarts a bit, but at least I can do it! Took awhile, but I am hoping to whitewater raft this summer. HOORAY!
Probably because the left knee has taken the brunt of all this, it's acting up now, but I'm not going to worry about it until I absolutely must see the doctor.
But, there will be no above the knee shorts for me, nor short capris this summer. After that scar being opened 3x, it's not so pretty. But, hey, I'll take it since my knee is finally on the upswing.
Take care everyone!
Barb (abby) :kayak::walking::swim:
 
@amberpep .....how wonderful to hear that you're doing well. Who knows...maybe one of these days you'll throw caution to the wind and go for those shorts!!! In the meantime, I hope spring finds you soon..
 
Oh my goodness! As I was catching up reading this thread, I suddenly realized...it's the 4 year anniversary for my first hip. I guess that means I really have forgotten about it. Both hips function well, and life is much too busy to remember these particular dates. But that first hip was a life changer because it was during recovery that I decided to start the path that led to my being in law school now. Close to finishing my first year (of a five year program) and loving almost every moment. I don't love exams. But every other moment...yes!

Still dancing. And impatiently waiting for spring to come to stubborn Michigan so I can get back to bike riding as well.

Good to hear that all is well with so many of us. Keep it going, everyone.

Sharon
 
Hello all, 2 years 5 months and going strong, came back from a 12 day dive trip in the Maldives dived a lot and no issues with the hips. A bit of a problem getting through Dubai I had to flash the scars as they wouldnt belive I had two hips done. After a small gap of erm several decades I got back on a horse, a bit nervous mostly about getting on and off but was great still to be able to ride.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies
    20160330-DSC05262.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 281
Greetings Bone Smart friends! I am coming up on one year on my left hip replacement on Sept 30, 2014. I must say it is doing very well. My right hip (needing replacement as well) is hanging in there so far... hope to put off any more surgery for a few years. Having had both knees and one hip replaced in two years was hard on my system.
I am now dealing with some sort of arthritis in my cervical upper back... causing terrible pain and stiffness and weakness in both shoulders, down both arms and I have headaches as well... over the past year. My shoulders became so bad that I actually had an MRI on my right one a week ago as it was swollen twice the size of the other shoulder. Still waiting for test results from the MRI. I am suspect that it is not so much a shoulder issue as probably a spine/nerve issue.... OH MY....:gaah:I was hoping for a few years of freedom from pain with my joint replacements...life is full of surprises and I am keeping my attitude as positive as possible:fingersx:

I hope all my Bone Smart friends are doing well on their journeys. This site was such a blessing:prayer: to me before, during and after my joint replacements... Best wishes to everyone! Joan
 
Hippy Anniversary to me, hippy anniversary to me, hippy anniversary........ Just popped in to say hi and invite you all to my hippy anniversary virtual party. Today my hip turns 2 and like some toddlers tries to act up occasionally, but for the most part is well behaved.
 
Hippy second anniversary my right hip! I can't forget it-- every day I am thankful and tickled at how well it works! I am still plagued with collateral damage, but it's my own fault I haven't done anything about it ;)
The left hip reminds me all day that it wants desperately to be part of a matched pair.. Hope to be able to show up on the pre op side soon-- must rig the xray machine :lol:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hello to all of my BoneSmart friends.
I passed my third hippiversary on 3/26/15.
Like many of you my RTHR was a turning point and re oriented everything in my life for the better.
I give thanks every day for all of my blessings and the wonderful quality of life I experience.
I also give thanks to all of you who supported and encouraged me during this scary time.

I have to go to yoga class so I will say good bye and love you all.
sincerely,
Zorro
 
It is my one year anniversary next week of my RTHR, done 6/23/2014. My LTHR was done in Oct 2012. Both were very successful, no pain now, little muscle soreness when I exercise, all has gone well. I see my OS at NYU Joint Disease Hospital in August, one year from my 6 week followup last year.

Regards to all my online friends here who helped me get through both operations, your advice was so excellent and your support was very appreciated.

Mark
 
Hello everyone, I had my right hip replacement in November of 2013 and my left just over nine weeks ago. It has totally changed my life.
 
Hi, Allen....welcome to BoneSmart. So glad to hear your hip is doing well. Maybe you can start a thread of your own and share some of your recovery experiences with our other members.
 
Hi @joyss Sissy is quite right....we'll need more information to get a sense of what is really going on. I've also flagged the moderators to move your post to a recovery thread of your own on the Hip Recovery forum. In the meantime, there are a lot of possibilities here, so the more you can explain, the better. You can post here for now, and the mods will move it, and any responses, to your new thread all in one big bite.

And @sissy46 Waving a big hi!!! :)

Sharon
 
Hi @sharonslp! I was surprised when I saw the alert in my email from @joyss and wanted to give her some info and encouragement. I hope you---and all the warriors---are doing great.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom