Recent content by Oakviewneighbor

  1. O

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi folks, Where has the time gone. Over a year now for my new hip. Had some ups and downs:bicycle2: but things all in all are good. Back to gardening. Planted my first veggies in two years - tomatoes, beans, squash, peppers and cucumbers. Ran out of room for the snap peas. :sigh...
  2. O

    THR Just had my hip replacement on Jan 14th.

    Hi luluohio, Sounds like you are right on target with your recovery and have found your pace. :happydance:Everyone is different. The main thing is to keep it slow and steady and rest when you need to. Keep up the super work on your recovery. :yay: Pat
  3. O

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Wonderful to see you :happydance: Things will get better --- hang in there CLG :flwrysmile:
  4. O

    Lost sleep due to pain

    Weezi, The last few weeks I found sleeping in a recliner with a heated therapy pack wrapping my hip, was the only way I could get more than a hour at a time. :friends:If you have a recliner --- its worth a try. :thumb:
  5. O

    petrified of op and life afterwards....

    Hi stargirl, The implant felt like my normal hip without the pain of bone on bone.
  6. O

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Hang in there CLG things will get better.:flwrysmile: I too had a fracture and found ice to be my best friend during the first few weeks. Ice twenty minutes on and twenty minutes off when awake. Ice really helped with keeping the pain down. :friends: Sleep whenever you feel tired. Sleep is so...
  7. O

    THR One week later

    Welcome to the recovery side :happydance:
  8. O

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Please don't fret. :friends: See you on the recovering side in a few :flwrysmile:
  9. O

    THR It's over!!!!

    Hi Deb, The quad cane can be used on either side. However, if you want a regular cane, you can pick up an adjustable cane at Walgreens or Walmart for under $30. To properly use the cane, it needs to be on the good side not the surgical side. When standing tall with arms at the side, adjust the...
  10. O

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    You should not be having pain for several days following a PT session. Your body is telling you that you are doing too much, too soon. Pain is a sign to stop. You need to tell the therapist what happened so they can adjust the session. Don't be afraid to say no if you feel pain. I was on...
  11. O

    Less than 24 hrs to go; am I forgetting something?

    :xmasdance:Best wishes :flwrysmile:
  12. O

    What to do

    Hi Hipsy, The first few days were the roughest part for myself. A medication reaction made for a itchy day or two. My catheter backed up four time. :gaah: My hip was totally gone and in the final stage of AVN. I went from minor pain every once in a while with my osteoarthritis to walking...
  13. O

    What to do

    Hi Hipsy, :friends: Having the hip replaced is so worth it. :xmasdance: We all get nervous before,its just the norm. At some point in your recovery, you are going to say duh what did I wait for. :what: I am 7 months on the other side and life is a joy again. :happydance: No more pain...
  14. O

    THR It's over!!!!

    Hi Deb, Hope you are feeling better today. :flwrysmile:
  15. O

    THR It's over!!!!

    Deb, are you using a leg lifter? If you don't have one use a belt or dog leash. This really helps. On icing, I did the whole leg for 20 minutes several times a day. Make sure to do those ankle pumps slowly while your leg is elevated as this helps with the swelling. But don't go overboard on...
Back
Top Bottom