@Mollymax. I apologize ahead of time if all the suggestions are bothering you.I think we are trying to help because we don't want you to be in such pain and it also could very easily be one of us.
What about asking the Doctor about a cortisone injection or a nerve block?
I hope you get relief...
@Mollymax. Try really hard not to compare knees.My left knee gave me so much grief at first thigh pain and grossly swollen and the incision wouldn't close at the bottom etc etc.But and this is so funny how things work out,my left knee might be the "better one" after all.I will bore everybody on...
@Mollymax. Its funny I haven't been on here much and I just went on and saw your post.Don't worry it is out of your hands.You have been through this before.You will be so happy to have this behind you.Be kind to yourself.
All the best.:tree2;:tree lights:
@Spex10 :happydance::spin:
@Txmomgmom3 Let's be grateful we only have two knees.You are now in the same group as @Spex10 and myself and @Mollymax will be here soon.:) :-) (:
@jboles. I second that motion.This morning I can barely lift my arm I think I pulled a muscle leaning on my cane?:groan:
The trip to Disney World sounds great.Are the big kids or grandkids going too?
I wouldn't worry about the scooter because that is a lot of area to cover for anyone.
Don't...
I think it has been easier for me re:expectations after surgery.Before my first TKR I had got to the point where I couldn't stand in one spot and could barely walk to the car.It really couldn't have gotten worse.
And unlike other members surgeons mine did not sugar coat anything and told me...
@Mollymax. Just forget about the stairs for now.You will do this eventually when both knees are done.
I think going downstairs is the most difficult thing to do.It requires two good strong knees.My new knee is not ready for it yet and I know it.
On the other hand at not yet a month I am...
@Hood1980 I am not an expert by any means but I have had two knee replacements in 8 months.My second one was a month ago on Monday.
After my first TKR I tried really hard to walk " normally" but I had a feeling my other leg was holding me back.
I always thought my right leg was much worse but...
@andpeaches . I just finished reading your thread and I am so taken aback by how much exercising you are doing.I think it would be fine all the exercising if you weren't in pain all the time and uncomfortable.Something can't be right.Why not try to cut out the exercising for 1 week and just ice...
DLR. I do not understand why the PT really push people to do stairs " normally.
Personally I think that doing squats or stairs foot over foot early must be really hard on the knee even if you don' t feel it right away.
I didn't do either last time until
my leg felt a lot stronger and I have...
@ottomaddox. I am not offering advice just telling you part of my history.
I had my right TKR in January and booked my left TKR at the end of July for Sept.About two weeks after that my left leg really started acting up.
I think maybe it was taking on more of a extra load than I thought.There...
I think I have confessed before just how much I love my toliet raiser with arms.
On my second day home after my first TKR I got it as a gift.Hands down best gift ever.I almost cried the first time I sat to pee with that seat on.
Spex I hope you are having a relaxing time on your holiday.I know...
Thanks for thinking about me.It was pretty gruesome.They had to dig a couple out and they left 8 in for now because the incision is a little open on the bottom.
I got through it with only one little gasp of pain.I treated myself to a fancy coffee and cake afterwards to soothe myself.
How is...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.