Recent content by nessiepie

  1. nessiepie

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    Hi Designer Girl I'm also glad you had a good year and are doing well. I did the opposite and did to much too soon. I had those dreaded soft tissue issues and I still have some. My anniversary was Jan. 25th. I developed back lumbar issues last year so I am dealing with that but the hip itself...
  2. nessiepie

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    I had the I have the same problem and still have it to a degree and I'm almost a year out from surgery.. I had back issues the micro motion, trochanteric bursitis during the past year. All the while I had the same symptoms you were complaining about very tender to the touch on anterior thigh...
  3. nessiepie

    THR still discomfort after 2 years

    I had my 2nd cortisone injection for trochanteric bursitis last week, 6 months after the 1 also been in P T. For strenghthening m stretching and massage. The combination of bursitis , IT Band, soft tissue, connective tissue issues have made recovery difficult. The 2nd shot helped significantly...
  4. nessiepie

    THR Recovery post op 21st Nov.

    I am almost a year out and also still have had soft tissue issue, IT band and trochanteric bursitis. The pain from these issues and a disc issues discovered post surgery have been rough. It is something they don't tell you about. I had myofascial release by my Pt and it helped so much with my...
  5. nessiepie

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    Hi Firebrand, My GP said it may be soft tissue healing. There is no bruising he checked rhe incision and didn't see Anything wrong. He ordered xray to be safe. I had that done this morning. The Results will be in next week. We will see then. I will make sure my OS gets a copy too.
  6. nessiepie

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    I am going through the same kind of pain. I have been for the past couple of weeks. I had been more active (walking, stationary bike) plus I have been back at work since week 6. Mine hit while at the grocery store. walking to the car was difficult. I see my GP today. I have been dealing with...
  7. nessiepie

    THR 2 weeks post op

    Hang in there, I was several days before you and I am still having "new " healing pain and I still am strengthening my leg and limping. I have had to go to the "Bonesmart" cocktail the pain is so bad at times. I had xrays and everthing looks fine. Just part of the healing process. I understand...
  8. nessiepie

    THR 2 weeks post op

    I'm sorry your first day was so rough. I know you are ready to get back. Your job is very demanding. hours on your feet for the first time in months is quite an adjustment. Maybe if your first flight wasn't a long one it would not have been so bad. I know if I sit too long I get so stiff, so I...
  9. nessiepie

    THR On the other side and now in the right forum

    Hi Maeve, As the rest have said, keep the pain meds coming on time, Patience, rest and ice!
  10. nessiepie

    THR Just had my hip replacement on Jan 14th.

    Hi Luluohio, I'm sorry you are still in pain, I can however relate. I have been having back pain since long before the surgery and thought it was because of my hip. I found out last month I also have Spondylolisthesis (disc has slipped) An altogether different problem. My doc rx PT. I was very...
  11. nessiepie

    I'm new here & just a bit curious.

    Welcome, You will find much support here. You will learn so much and find you are truly among a group of People who "get it ". It's wonderful if you have a great doc and support system im your life but speaking to others wh8 have been there helps Ps
  12. nessiepie

    THR Just had my hip replacement on Jan 14th.

    Hang in there and if you are not ready to retire try to stick it out. A four day workweek sounds great . unfortunately retiring is not an option for me just yet. My goal is three years. I am trying to not get discouraged. The fatigue is very real and I don't do much after I get home from...
  13. nessiepie

    THR Just had my hip replacement on Jan 14th.

    If you can take off , get your rest. I went back at 6 weeks fulltime and was up early on Saturday doing PT and errands and Sunday chores and it was time to start all over again , I would be exhausted. My family has pitched in for me to help with a few little things. I'd hope I wouldn't need help...
  14. nessiepie

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Good news Queenie, that infection is doubtful. The other two explanations are logical. I don't know about anyone else but prior to surgery I really didn't give much thought to the healing process except walking again without pain. The surgical healing and the fact that they have to go down to...
  15. nessiepie

    THR Just had my hip replacement on Jan 14th.

    Luluohio, I guess no matter what approach is taken, it still is a individual thing in terms of recovery. My doctor prefers anterior and I was on board because the recovery time was supposed to faster, but I really didn't expect the nerve problems to this degree. You just never know.
Back
Top Bottom