Recent content by mjmrphy55

  1. mjmrphy55

    THR Did I really have an operation? 1 year post op!!!

    Hi Selin, Glad you are doing so well and happy anniversary! I don't know where the year went. It certainly went by so fast. I'm glad you are doing well. My year anniversary was on 2/4 and I am so happy it's behind me. Mary Jean
  2. mjmrphy55

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    designergirl Glad your tooth is on the mend. I am heading to the dentist this week also because of a toothache. I am also nervous about my hip being affected. I guess i'll start taking my antibiotics now??
  3. mjmrphy55

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    zauberflöte...welcome to the other side...glad your recovery is going well. my pressure dropped as well when I was on the pain killers. Once I was off it shot back up to my "normal." I hope you continue to feel better each day. MJ
  4. mjmrphy55

    THR All Done

    LeeApril26/Lenora, Just read trhough your post. Glad you are doing well. I had my surgery at HSS 3 months ago today. Dr. Alexiades did my surgery (anterior approach). Dr. Boetner was actually the next doctor I was going to see if I couldn't have the anterior. I wish you a speedy...
  5. mjmrphy55

    THR I'm now a hipster

    51desoto, Welcome to the otherside and to recovery. I also had the anterior approach - 3 months today and am doing well. I wish you a speedy recovery!! MJ
  6. mjmrphy55

    THR Better late than never

    Weezi, Hope you are doing well ... MJ
  7. mjmrphy55

    THR Surgery went well

    Hi all Hippie friends, Haven't been on in a while. Can't believe today is 3 months!!!! The time went so fast! Doing well...working out 4 days per week - spinning, swimming and walking. Even lost 18 pounds in the last 7 weeks!!! My motto has been "new hip...new body" I still feel a bit...
  8. mjmrphy55

    THR new hip newbie!

    @aligirl8 Hi & welcome to recovery. I agree with everyone above....ice was my best friend. Even at 2 months post-op I still ice occasionally after an active day ;). I too had the anterior approach on my right side. You can see my badge on the posting area. I am doing great at 2 months and...
  9. mjmrphy55

    Revision THR Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

    Selin, Glad you are doing so well. The pool has been great....I love the range of motion it gives me. MJ
  10. mjmrphy55

    THR Surgery went well

    Hi All!!! 2 months today. Can't believe it. Back to the pool doing deep water exercises and even did 20 laps twice this week. I am a bit sore from the working out but it's manageable. Hope evryone is doing well!
  11. mjmrphy55

    Revision THR Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

    Selin, Hope you had a great trip. Keep up the great work! MJ
  12. mjmrphy55

    Right Total Hip Replacement - July 10th

    @marcopollo, Welcome.....this site has been wonderful and has been a great part of my recovery. I will be 7 weeks tommorrow and I also had the anterior approach. Let me know if you have any questions. MJ
  13. mjmrphy55

    THR Spring in my step

    @Kim22, I am doing great...did a little too much last weekend...parties, etc. and was swollen on Monday. But I have been without my cane for 3 weeks, trying to walk everyday and back to work three days a week. Also still doing PT twice a week. Thanks for asking MJ
  14. mjmrphy55

    THR Spring in my step

    @Kim22, Ice was the best thing. One day I took a mistep and paniced...then sat down and iced and all was better. I had minimal swelling also but used ice on a regular basis the first few weeks. I iced almost every hour while I was awake. I had a PT ice bag my son had from previous PT...
Back
Top Bottom