THR Surgery went well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MJ!!
It seems like you and I are going head to head..except I haven't walked 20 minutes yet. I did walk around the block which might have taken 20 because of Mia stopping and sniffing everywhere!!!You are so lucky to be back to work..that is, if you like it..LOL. I miss my friends so much but I have off until May..flying entails a lot of physical work..just getting off the Employee bus will be an adventure..its at least 4 feet off the ground..and carrying luggage!!Lots to think about before making that step. I'm so glad we are both doing so great!! That Anterior appraoch is the way to go!!!Hope you are prepared for this next storm!!I am OVER IT!!!
 
Hi all,

PT went well. I told her my concerns about it being painful. She put my mind at ease. I was pleased to see how much range of motion I had and happy to work some muscles that haven't been used in forever!!
 
Acbelmar,

My walk probably took lomger as well because my dog, Tucker, being a male must mark each and every tree!!

I'm glad for you that you are off until May. I can see how your job can be very physical especially pushing those carts.

And regardig the storm I'm thinking the weather men are playing chicken. We are not expecting more than 4 inches here. I am ready for spring. Walking is something I haven't done in years really and I think I'm looking forward to it!!

I just saying to the PT today that I haven't been to a mall in forever because I could only do one big store and that would be it for me and my hip. Ut oh shopping here I come !!!

Glad you continue to do so well.

MJ
 
Hi All!!

5 weeks today...can't believe so much time has passed. I'm feeling a bit sore today because dopey me over did it on Saturday. I wish there was a way of reminding myself to not do too much. You would think I would remember the consequences!!!

PT is going well...she is stretching me and then I do a whole series of exercises on the mat, bike, and some contraption that moves my leg up and down.

I have an appointment for my follow-up with my OS. So my daugther and I are heading into the city on Thursday (good excuse to see another play :wink: !!)

Hope everyone is moving right along

MJ
 
You sound like you're doing great!! Glad to hear it!!Enjoy New York and Good luck with your appointment!
 
Hi all,

Went to the OS on Thursday and thankfully everything looks good and my "aches and pains" are normal. As long as I continue to improve I won't have to go back to see him for one year!!.

Had a fun weekend with lots of parties and managed them all pretty well. Went to a surprise party on Saturday and was even dancing!!! Had 20+ friends over yesterday for the "national" holiday in our house and was a lot of fun. We had over 20 punds of corned beef, 15 pounds potatoes, cabbage and 3 loaves of irish soda bread. Was a yummy meal and fun to see all my friends.

So of course today I'm a "little" tired but not too bad considering the busy weekend. I guess I'm getting used to everything...I even found myself asleep on my stomach last night which was weird for me!!

Hope everyone is moving along....literally!!

MJ
 
WOW!!You are doing terrific!!! So happy for you! I am going to the OS tomorrow...having lots of problems with cramps. I feel like I'm limping worse than a few weeks ago and stopped PT for now. I sure hope he has some answers!!
 
Hey MJ,
You've come a long way, I'm so impressed! I am so anxious to throw my walker out. It's also very difficult not being able to drive. My poor husband has to drive back from work in the middle of the day to run me up to physical therapy. It's odd how different these doctors are since my OS still has me on touch down weight bearing only. It just doesn't feel right anymore. I've enjoyed reading your posts, it gives me something to look forward to. Keep up the good work!
 
mjmrphy55

Hi Mary Jean,

İ am so glad to read about your progress, the long walks, home party, the first control with the Os being ok, etc.
İt sounds great!!!
Have you started the pool? How about the work? Do you go to work every day? Can you tolerate 6 hours every day?
Keep well
Selin
 
Sounds like you are doing great! Most definitely, you've been busy! Hope things continue to go well....
 
Parties, dancing OMG ! you are doing great. I am gradually adding more activities but I know I couldn't handle all of that. Keep up the good work.
 
Hi Selin & All...

Working 3 days a week (which is my normal schedule). I have a desk job so the biggest problem is to remind myself to get up and move around so I don't get so stiff. Tuesday's and Thursday's will go back to teaching swim to 3 & 4 year olds but not until mid April. Right now those two days are for catching up on errands and PT which goes an hour and half.

I haven't been in the pool yet but hopefully this weekend I will give it a try. May just try some exercises and a lap or two.

Nessiepie....I was soooo tired after last weekend's crazy schedule but it was a lot of fun!! I dragged on Monday & Tuesday but it was more being tired. Only a bit sore.....but my legs were swollen so I had to keep them elevated for two days!! Thankfully I have NO plans this weekend so I can relax (somewhat :wink: ).

Hope everyone is doing well. I have told so many people about this forum. It's been my source for information and support. It's so great to talk to people who "get" it!!

MJ
 
Hi MJ,
I have had some swelling in my legs since I went back to work. I have seen the gradual improvement. I'm not quite as tired. I am elated that I am having alot more nerve sensation and such where there was numbness. I still need OTC pain meds but things are getting better.
This site has been soooooo helpful. You can ask your doc questions but theres nothing like getting other people's personal experience as an additional resource when you are in doubt or concerned.
 
Hey MJ,
My poor husband has to drive back from work in the middle of the day to run me up to physical therapy.

Weezi, are there any other options for transport to PT? What is the price of your husband running home to transport you, versus a taxi? Is Dial A Ride (ADA transport alternative to local bus) available in your area? How about a neighbor or do you have a baby sitter who can drive? Do you have a child that would create a problem if you were able to arrange alternate transport to PT?

Perhaps the cost of your husband coming home isn't a big deal, just thinking about options.

Jeff
 
acbelmar,

How did your visit go with the OS? Any improvement on your cramping? I am sorry to hear about your limping?

MJ

Weezi,

It is strange how each doctor has different restrictions. I noticed that in addition they use different meds afterwards, staples vs. sutures, coumidin vs not and it goes on. I hope you can get rid of the walker soon and at least move to a cane. Hang in there Weezi...it will get better.

MJ
 
mjmrphy55
The valium helped my spasms ..thanks!!! My walking has improved so I'm feeling much more optimistic!! Thanks for checking on me!!!
 
Hi All!!!

2 months today. Can't believe it. Back to the pool doing deep water exercises and even did 20 laps twice this week. I am a bit sore from the working out but it's manageable. Hope evryone is doing well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom