Revision THR Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Selin well done on getting to that congress. I think I would have felt overwhelmed at the prospect, but it was great the way that you broke it down into manageable parts.

I wish my office had a pool attached... The gym that we go to has a pool, but I'm not confident at the idea of getting in and out at the moment (it has a metal ladder on the wall). But we are starting to think about booking our summer holiday in Turkey, so I can dream about swimming in the sunshine in a few months!
 
Selin,

Glad you are doing so well. The pool has been great....I love the range of motion it gives me.

MJ
 
clifford149
Hi there
I just had my first check up with my OS last Saturday whıch was post op week 6.
He found me ın good shape yet mentioned that some more left with the abductor muscles. I still wobble without the cane. However ı dont use the cane at home or at the office.
It is interesting to comment though, since ı had the green light from my surgeon that ı can swim, (today it was my 4th session at the pool ) ı have been walking properly without the cane. Thus it is just a matter of improving the muscles in the hip area.
Since my other leg has also been a problem since childhood, will probably keep the cane with me as a safety accessory for a while. I think i used 2 crutches only for 10 days, then with 1 crutch for until 3-4 weeks and since then with the cane. But the impact of pool , just 4 days, has been incredible!
How is your situation?
Selin
 
Hi Selin, how fab to hear that you are enjoying swimming again and that it as helped with your walking. It is great when we are exercising and enjoying ourselves at the same time.

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Firebrand
Hi dear
I would not hesitate to get into the pool for 1 second if ı were you. I just waited for the approval of the surgeon.
Do not worry to get in. It has been much easier than ı had expected. I had the same anxiety whether ı can make it. Similar to the one you mention, the pool ı enter has metal ladder for ordinary people bu no worries!
The impact has been enormous with me!
If you are looking for warm sea its got to be Marmaris, Fethiye or Antalya. The sea in Bodrum is my preference though, slightly cooler , yet very refreshing! Send me a message should you need any recommendatıon.
Cheers
Sein
 
sansabosa You are doing well in coping with work and swimming again. I must admit I really look forward to getting back into the pool.It certainly sounds like its doing you a power of good. Well done
 
Kim22
Hi Kİm,
Yes indeed , swimming helps a lot. Actually as long as your incision is closed and you dont have any special restrictions, it is the best physio!
How are you progressing?
 
Post op 6 weeks findings:

I realize that ı can endure staying at work longer and increased my stay at the office to 5- 6 hours from 3-4 hrs the week before.

It is so interesting the see how the energy level of the body get backs to normal levels each week. Although every week has been a progress, post op 6 weeks has been a milestone since the surgery. Not only the hip gets more free and moving, the body heals as well.

My surgeon said the next milestone is week 12, post op 3 months!

Though the first milestone is over, I think that ı still need to focus on being well, to keep up with the progress, the keep up with the exercises for muscle strenght, to care on what to eat (body weight control) etc etc
To an extent continue to be slightly selfish and taking care of yourself...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!
very nice update, Selin. You are doing so well---you have been a model BoneSmartie and continuing will be the best thing ever. You will just be getting better and better and happier and happier with that new hip.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!
 
sansabosa I am making slow progress thanks Selin I had a bad few days last week but more positive now. SLOW and STEADY is my motto from now on and I am trying to learn to be more patient I feel better for getting out a bit more and look forward to some warmer weather when our spring finally arrives. You are lucky to live in Turkey with all that sunshine My physio has advised me no swimming until the O S gives the go ahead but I am not seeing him until 24th May so I will just have to be patient.I think it's great how well you are coping Keep me posted please
 
sansabosa Selin, swimming!!! What a great thing that it made such an impact after only a few days in the water. You sound just great, work a little, play a little, rest a little, take care of yourself a LOT :)
 
What a great update Selin, you are recovering nicely. It's good to hear about your energy levels returning better each week. I am due to return to work part time next week and am wondering how I will go. I have only promised 3-4 hours at first, I think this should be okay but my boss is really good and won't mind me changing this if necessary.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!
very nice update, Selin. You are doing so well---you have been a model BoneSmartie and continuing will be the best thing ever. You will just be getting better and better and happier and happier with that new hip.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

Thank you @bottomshallow
Your comments as well as the other hippies have supported me so much during my journey, I believe it is my responsibility to share my progress with the new members.
take care
selin
 
Kim22
Dear Kim,
I cant agree more with you. Patience is the most difficult virtue all through the journey and if I remember correctly (ha ha ha , the beauty is you forget the difficult days very easily!) the most difficult period in terms of being patient was between week 2 and 3 for me. I think you just passed that period? As your mind gets more clearer, you want to get back to life but your healing still takes place and body says sit and wait...
Regarding swimming, I also waited for the approval of my surgeon. He initially mentioned not before 4 weeks and until the incision area is closed. However, I was not confident at week 4 since the tip of the incision area, it was kind of crusty and not closed, minor area, thus waited another 2 weeks until I had my first visit to the surgeon. He gave me the approval and then I started swimming.
You will be amazed how each week differs from the one before. Patience is an important virtue. But trust me you get more and more happier each week!
 
octopus
Hi Dear,
Nice to hear from you.
I would definitely recommend to start with 2-4 hours first. Even if your mind capacity lasts, do not stay more than 3-4 hours physicially at the Office on your first week. And one more thing, do get up and walk around every hour not to get sore and swollen. I do have a slight problem of edema, thus bough from travel socks up to the knee and used them at work in the first 2 weeks.
You will do just fine, and enjoy it very much that you are able... so dont worry.
Cheers,
Selin
 
Hi Selin, it has been a while since I visited your thread... Good to read your energy levels are increasing and you freedom of movement..

Pool work is wonderful therapy and an important part of rehab if one has a decent pool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom