Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sansabosa, hi, Selin. Good luck on your trip. I'm going on my trip to Baltimore next week (7 weeks postop, and mine is for 2 nights)--we'll have to compare notes. I have also hired a driver to and from the airport, and will be picked up at that end. What a wonderful husband you have! Have a great weekend.
 
Audball The pool feels so good! Are you doing your own thing? I muck about in the slow lane, just keeping myself moving. Brilliant invention the pool noodle. I can still only manage a couple of lengths without it. I did get to one post op aquatic session. I'm just hitting my 60s and was by far the youngest there -- most were in their 80s. I felt super fit and energetic in comparison. Even so, it wasn't for me.
 
sansabosa you have been through a lot more surgeries than myself and it's good to hear that this last one has been one of the best for you. I hope your recovery continues well and the pool sounds like a great recovery tool. I have read on here so many times that we all recover at our own pace and we shouldn't compare ourselves to others but it's so hard not to make those comparisons. I know that recovery is also driven by the shape your muscles were in pre-operation, mine weren't in the best of shape.
 
Vida your description of the seniors in the pool sounds like my gym. I usually take aqua zumba where there is a pretty wide range of ages. But prior to surgery I went and did my own thing, just to keep moving without the hurt. The ladies that were already in the pool made me feel so young. Ha, I think that's the key, start hanging out with people who are much older than you and you feel like you've stumbled upon the fountain of youth!
 
Good luck Selin with your trip...
 
My trip was smooth and sound.
İt was a 1 hr flight and i arranged in advance airport transfers, wheelchair assistance from the car to the gate, thus was not tired at all
İ wore the tight DVT socks as a precaution which served ok. İ had forgotten them!
Showed up at the meeting, and now at the hotel room resting(asked for orthopedic bathroom, the handicapped room)
Nothing to worry about but yet taken all the safety measures
Back home from the congress tomorrow noon
 
Great job Selin! All your planning is paying off. You are a very organized person. Enjoy the freedom.
 
Sounds like you are doing great! That's really good to hear! :cheers:
 
Hi there, can you tell me a bit about the knee injection? I have a THR right hip scheduled for this Friday. Left knee not good as a result of the hip issue over many years. Have a big Europe trip planned for August and feel confident the hip will be OK. I will make physio/ exercise a priority! I am concerned re the knee. Will it be better after the knee is foxed as there will be lesss pressure on that leg and my gait will be improved? Or worse. Would an injection help as a temporary solution so the knee holds up for the trip and could then consider TKR in 2014?
Thank You
 
Selin,

Hope you had a great trip. Keep up the great work!

MJ
 
Selin.... are you OK after that business trip? You are doing incredibly well.
 
Hi all,
I had a busy week at work thus could not had the chance to pop in.
The trip to the congress worked out fine which was last weekend, at post op 5 weeks.
I am now just over 6 weeks post op and had my 1st check up with my OS yesterday. He was pleased with my condition and asked to come back for the next visit at 12 weeks post op. He advised that I continue with the exercises by myself especially the abductor muscles. As soon as they are fully in good shape my gait would be fine he mentioned. I had my ok for the pool as well and immediately jumped in (by stairs) a couple of hours after the visit.
I still have some pain from time to time in my other knee and he said he will check it a week 12 in the second visit, what to do about it. As currently he said here is still more weight on the unoperated side and advised to use the cane on the operated side when the body feels ready. One more advice was to loose weight as well)))
 
Fantastic news Selin, what a great recovery story. It took me a lot longer... likely because of the early restrictions and setback... but I am so happy for you. The good news is that the weight does start to come off with renewed activity... I think my bike riding has made my skinny jeans too big (I never get on a scale) although the muffin top is still hanging around. But I feel optimistic and can enjoy a little retail therapy! Enjoy the swimming....
 
Maeve
Hi dear,
I'm sorry that I could only saw your message. I hope you had a successful hip replacement 2 days ago.
It is difficult to comment on your case about your knee but my experience is that the pain I had on my other knee disseapered by more than 80% after the operation and it only appears if I walk too much ( after the ops). I think it is a matter of mechanics, I.e. Compensating the other hip. Thus as soon as the hip recovers, the pressure will get away and most probably your pain at the other knee will go away, I hope.
Cheers
 
Hi Selin, just popped in to see how you are getting on and very happy to hear things are going so well. Good to hear your trip went off smoothly, you certainly are a star hippie.

Take care

Ann
 
Hi Selin, good to hear such a fantastic report. You are progressing well. Great for you to be able to get back in the pool.
 
Hi sansabosa. Now that you out and about.....do you use sticks/crutches ? If not at how many weeks were you able to walk unaided clifforf
 
Thanks Selin I'm feeling much more positive today as you can see by my post on the thread on the Other Side and Now in the Right Forum.
You are very much a role model and I admire your tenacity !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom