THR Surgery went well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MJ!
Did you get my message? Glad to hear you're doing great!! I have new hope as I went to a different PT who I had gone to before but was not under my insurance. It is worth the money..she works one on one with me and most importantly showed me how I was walking incorrectly!! I have to practice making sure the hip of my operated leg is over my ankle before I begin moving the other leg. I was not extending my operated hip correctly and she thinks that is contributing to the spasms! She massaged my thighs which she says are so tight she thinks its because that leg was shorter than my right before surgery and now they are even. The muscles are being pulled because of that. I walked 40 minutes yesterday and went out for a snack with a friend, and had no spasms last night. This morning when it is usually the worse, I had a slight pulling in my thigh but nothing like it was!! I am so happy...why didn't I do this sooner!!!??Every time I told my old PT that I was in pain he blamed it on the weather!!!
 
Hi all Hippie friends,

Haven't been on in a while. Can't believe today is 3 months!!!! The time went so fast! Doing well...working out 4 days per week - spinning, swimming and walking. Even lost 18 pounds in the last 7 weeks!!! My motto has been "new hip...new body"

I still feel a bit sore from time to time and even ice still occasionally.

Hope you all are doing well ....

MJ
 
[Bonesmart.org] Surgery went well
Great update, MJ! Lots of activities---losing weight :thumb:! You got it all going on, girl. Keep up the good work.

Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Surgery went well
 
Good for you MJ!!! I'm going back to work Monday, but definitely behind you in the activity department! So glad my HR partner is sailing through this recovery!! Feb 4th will forever be a reminder!!
 
Now the fun begins. Are you ready? I can't wait.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom