Recent content by Mimi#51

  1. Mimi#51

    THR I made it!

    Yay @Medfordart. You were one of my inspirations! So happy you are doing so well, and such dedication at the gym! Thanks for letting us know! Hugs to you.
  2. Mimi#51

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Great news, so happy for you!:flwrysmile:
  3. Mimi#51

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    Dang, I've been so busy trying to keep up with everyone else's recovery here, I forgot to bring mine up to date. This past Weds. The 21st., was my 2 week follow up with my OS. and of course I left my list of questions at home. LoL At any rate he said he was pleased with everything. I was using...
  4. Mimi#51

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hello @DeepBreath I've so enjoyed catching up with your recovery. Can't wait to hear what your OS has to say tomorrow. Good luck sweetie!:flwrysmile:
  5. Mimi#51

    THR Hip number 2 on board

    @Kay9 Oh my gosh, you have put up with a lot of rubbish. So glad you stood your ground. Will be thinking and pulling for you.
  6. Mimi#51

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Hi @Just4mules Welcome to the group. I am one week ahead of you, so reading your posts is a reminder to me, what I went through a week ago. LoL It's funny, but it seemed like a few days ago I woke up to a much lighter "log". All the knots, pain, and swelling have almost all dissapeared. I can...
  7. Mimi#51

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    @Just4mules, sounds like you're doing really well. Keep up the good work. You have to watch out for those sneaky, peeky hospital gowns. :heehee:
  8. Mimi#51

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    Thank you @ GGAZ and @DeepBreath. Prince Charming, my PT came in today. He is so dreamy, and nice, with such a soothing manner. He said I pushed myself back a few days, but nothing to worry about, just take things a little slower and keep to the walker for next few days. Tomorrow, is my 2 week...
  9. Mimi#51

    THR On The Other Side

    @GGAZ so sorry to hear of this. Praying you get the relief you need very soon.
  10. Mimi#51

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    So glad to hear from you @CricketHip Hope you're not coming down with a bug, and you get some relief for you're neck soon. Please try to slow down a smigeon and be easy on yourself.:flwrysmile:
  11. Mimi#51

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    Thanks everyone! Yes, sticking you your meds is def. important factor. Something I learned last night, is you can't rush yourself in to recovery. Hubby took me to a birthday dinner for a dear relative last night. I decided I'd bring the cane instead of my walker. Boy, was I surprised when I...
  12. Mimi#51

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    Thanks to Jayce, plum, Deep Breath and Nana. Excellent advice and much encouragement. Yep, I did try to get off Meds just a little too soon. I was in agony when my PT, Prince Charming came by. He said if I'm medicated, I would be able to do things a lot easier. So back on the Meds it is. :dancy:
  13. Mimi#51

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    Day #9 Hello everyone, I wanted to check in and relay my progress so far. I am happy to say, things have improved so much, especially these past few days. I am having problems with my limp, and it's driving me nuts. It's almost like I can't remember what it's like to walk with out one. Believe...
  14. Mimi#51

    THR Journal THR #2 10/6/15, 1st in 2006

    @hippywoman. I so sympathize with you on this. I am 9 days post op, and I tell you what, this sleeping on my back is about to drive me insane. Although I'm recovering slow and steady, I think it would go a bit quicker if I had more sleep and was rested. My PT said I could do it with pillows, but...
  15. Mimi#51

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    :thankyou:Thank you all for all the good well wishes. I was so busy yesterday with visitors bringing food, and the therapist and nurse did show up. Thank goodness. The therapist helped me out with a few things I was having issues with, and also some new things to gain my strength. I just can't...
Back
Top Bottom