THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are doing so well! glad you have decided that the meds are your friends. I didn't even hesitate to take them the first 3 weeks. I cut back on some of the dosages but could clearly see how they helped me with mobility.
I agree about the smiling more comment.
A client stopped by with food and she kept remarking about the light in my eyes.. she said that was gone in the few months before surgery.
I still marvel over it all. Have a great weekend!! Sunny and chilly here, perfect walking weather. :walking:
 
Good job on being diligent with the meds, @Mimi#51. I know it's kind of difficult. It goes against the grain for most of us to rely on them just to get through the day to day, but it isn't forever. I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself and that you're feeling better day by day.
I giggled at your Prince Charming PT comment. Is he dreamy? :)

Take care! Continued good wishes as you keep improving. :flwrysmile:
 
@Mimi#51 yes to pain meds, you will gradually forget to take them and all will be well. Sounds like you are doing great. Don't overdo, walking is the best. The advice I got was to use walker or cane until no limp. I gradually gave up both and walk now with no limp. I did go to outside PT to strengthen muscles to regain gait. Say no to anything that hurts. You can ask OS for a weaker pain med if these are giving side effects. They will work with you. Hugs and good thoughts!
 
Sounds like you are getting everything under control. I too had low BP, but it's normal now. Good luck with your recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks everyone! Yes, sticking you your meds is def. important factor.
Something I learned last night, is you can't rush yourself in to recovery. Hubby took me to a birthday dinner for a dear relative last night. I decided I'd bring the cane instead of my walker. Boy, was I surprised when I realized that I should have brought the walker. I was in pretty good pain and swelling after a few hours, and couldn't wait to get home to ice, elevate, and take some melds. This morning I woke up with nausea and weakness. That pretty much ruined any chance of working on my PT.
Hope everyone had a much better Monday than I did.
 
@Mimi#51 you remind me of ME!! LOL. Pushing yourself a bit to hard. I had a difficult time in the beginning. I just wanted everything to be normal again. It will be in time. Take care of yourself!:flwrysmile:
 
@Mimi#51, we learn lessons as we go along. I hope today is much better for you. Take good care of yourself, hippie friend. :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @ GGAZ and @DeepBreath. Prince Charming, my PT came in today. He is so dreamy, and nice, with such a soothing manner. He said I pushed myself back a few days, but nothing to worry about, just take things a little slower and keep to the walker for next few days.
Tomorrow, is my 2 week post op with my OS. I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Will let y'all know.
As for now my hippie friends, I wish you a restful sleep. :sleep:
 
I'm glad you have a good PT person. He sounds like a gem. Sending good vibes for your two week check! :flwrysmile:
 
Dang, I've been so busy trying to keep up with everyone else's recovery here, I forgot to bring mine up to date.

This past Weds. The 21st., was my 2 week follow up with my OS. and of course I left my list of questions at home. LoL At any rate he said he was pleased with everything. I was using my Walker just for extra support, as I didn't want to have a repeat of my outing from the few days prior. He said that it looked like I was distributing my weight bearing pretty evenly on both legs, my walk looked good, and to keep walking every day. He wants me to keep wearing the stockings, not drive, stay on the iron pill, aspirin and take pain meds. as needed and he'd see me again in 4weeks. He asked if I wanted out patient PT, which I probably will, after I'm cleared to drive. I will also start back next week with a Strength and Balance class that I've been taking for the past 18 mos.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Just a minor pain in my right butt cheek, knee, shortness of breath, and loss of energy, which I know will get better with time. I just need to keep moving.

Thanks for all your support, I'm so grateful I found you and Bonesmart. I don't think I would have had the positive experience I had with out y'all.:loveshwr:
 
Wonderful update, @Mimi#51! It sounds like you're truly on your way. I LOLd at you forgetting your list. Are we related? I need a list to remind me to take my list!
Take good care of yourself and remember to rest and ice when you need to. How are you doing with the meds?
Sending healing vibes as you forge ahead! :flwrysmile:
 
Something I learned last night, is you can't rush yourself in to recovery.
Hmmm... where have I heard this before? :whistle:
take pain meds. as needed
Trouble is if you take meds "as needed" you may be taking them too late. If you feel like you don't need as many doses as you did just post op that's great. But the sign you can taper off meds is usually when you start forgetting doses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom