THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thought I did it again.. over did it, that is. At least this was my thought last night and earlier this morning.. but now it appears that I may be coming down with a cold.. chills. body aches, and sleeping like a newborn babe. Plus the dry cough and sneezing fits.
So maybe it wasn't from overdoing. Which makes better sense because while my op hip is achey; the rest of my body is achey, too..
I was productive this morning.. we store seasonal clothing in our third floor attic so hubby carried them down and I've been sorting and folding and putting away lots of clothing, boots, etc.
then when I felt chilled and fatigued, just stopped and will have to look at the unfinished mess until I feel up to it again.
So, while I am bummed that I may be coming down with something :eeeuw: I am also relieved that it isn't because my hip is protesting from too much activity.
 
Oh @CricketHip I do hope whatever :sick: it is that has come upon you is gone as fast as it came, double up on your vitamin C, get even more rest :alarm: and let your hubby spoil you some more. I hope you're feeling good again very soon. :yahoo:
 
@CricketHip sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather but I agree it's a relief that it's not because of your hip.

If it's a cold, there's some over-the-counter stuff called Cold Eeze that I have tried before and it's supposed to shorten the duration of the cold if you take it when symptoms first start. I have taken it before and for me at least, it really works, so might be worth a try. Also plenty of :sleep:, lots of fluids and some chicken soup should do the trick. Feel better soon friend!

One good thing is you don't have to call in sick to work because you're already home. :snork:
 
@CricketHip
Sorry u r a lil down! I batteled last wk. And had my dtr's sniffles on Thursday. ...took coldeeze drops.....cold defeated in 24 hrs......sneezing gone.......i was shocked how quick.

Our bodies r getting used to our robo hip.......take it eazzzy........have a beverage and snuggiee on your porch......get well soon......
:mcoffee::alarm:
 
Thanks @topgun!! I don't have any coldeeze on hand, but I have my AirBorne and I think it's helping.. well, at least I am not any worse. the chills are still with me but I've had them since the surgery anyways.. was just noticing them leaving until the cold symptoms arrived...

Good news-- well sortof-- I had my Dr visit today for my neck. He was able to use my MRI view from 2 years ago. My poor neck, it has some issues.. and the extended bed rest and craning my neck to pull up out of bed and to read has flared up the damaged areas .. I go for an epidural next week. I need 7 days to get the baby aspirin out of my system. So, it's all good. I have a call in with my OS office to be sure that they are ok with my discontinuing the B. aspirin.. I am very active so I doubt it will be an issue. I think they originally said 30 days post op.

So, @topgun can you tell any distinct differences between your two hips? How is your back feeling? Isn't this entire process just amazing? :wowspring::flwrysmile::happydance::wowspring:
 
I hope your sickness is short lived and you are feeling better. Sorry about your neck issues. I'm noticing the old all over stiffness returning when getting out of a chair again and hope it's going to improve. I guess new hips can't cure everything but they sure are a big improvement Hope you're feeling better soon.
 
Awww, Cricket, I'm so sorry and happy for you all at the same time! I'm so happy your recovery is going well, but I'm dismayed that you still have the neck issues and that you've come down with a virus! I've missed you and all my BS buddies so much! I think about all of you every day (more than once) and am looking forward to living here again! I send you my prayers and hugs and will be popping in here and there to check on you!
 
@CricketHip sorry about your neck issues and hope that gets resolved soon. I was told 30 days on the baby aspirin also so you will probably be allowed to discontinue it. Glad to hear the AirBorne is helping somewhat with your cold and achiness. Take care my friend and hope you are back to 100% very soon!
:flwrysmile:
 
Good morning @CricketHip! I hope you are feeling much better today. Keep snuggled up to keep those chills at bey. My Nana used to swear by tea and toast for the cure all for what ails you. It may not work all the time, but it sure is a good comfort snack. It might help your chills too.
I sure hope that epidural helps your neck pain. I know how miserable a bad neck is, having had 2 neck surgeries, myself. I'll tell you all about it, one of these days.
Feel better, my friend.
 
So glad to hear from you @CricketHip Hope you're not coming down with a bug, and you get some relief for you're neck soon. Please try to slow down a smigeon and be easy on yourself.:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks everyone for your kind words!! I think I am throwing off that cold/flu. I feel much better today, a little congestion but nothing else. I will continue the Airborne and orange juice.
Tomorrow is my check up with the OS office. I am hoping I will be cleared for swimming, well, after my cold clears up.
I called them yesterday and yes, I can stop the Baby Aspirin with no repercussions.
The neck is just an inconvenience. The epidural will fix me up. I had a series of them 7 years ago and my neck behaved well until the bad hip threw my body off...
@Nana757 - I would be very interested in hearing about your neck. I was told surgery years ago but have been able to manage without it. I hope my luck holds in that department. I hear that is a painful surgery?
Like @Legin. If I knew then what I know now I think I would have been kinder to my body. But the car accident set me up for a lot of pain over the years.. I couldn't control that one, We were rear ended and pushed over a hill and the car flipped 2 and a half times. So, yes, some bad injuries but I can walk and I am always grateful for that.
I had a dislocated shoulder, horrible whiplash which damaged C5,6 and 7. compression fractures of L1 and L2 and then an assortment of cuts, bruises and stitches. Could have been much worse.

I just shouldn't have continued with my running 5 K's and riding horses up into my late 40's. It was too hard on those old injuries.
The frustrating part about the neck was the long wait to have the hip replaced and then waiting to heal enough so I was allowed to have the epidural. Patience isn't my strong suit.
But all is well!! the sun is shining and I plan to get outside and increase my walking distance today. Then take some vitamins and sleep. The life of the leisurely. :rotfl:
 
@Hipster Girl
le opinion,
Oh my goodness!! It's almost your time!! I understand your frustration of not knowing about the rehab part.
But you will do just fine and I think, if I were you, I would just plan on the fact that you will be doing the rehab for a week or two. I bet they will want you there so they can assess how your other hip does with carrying the load at first.
That's just my humble opinion. But if you plan on it and then you don't have to go then you will be so happy to unpack the ten day suitcase. :heehee:
I love all of my bonesmarty friends... how would we get along without this forum??

I am feeling the love..
really.. :roseshwr:
 
Hiya Crickety, yup when we were younger we thought we were invincible but it sure does catch up on you later.
Wow re car thingmabob, a car hit me head on I was doing 50 police reckon he was doing over 60. So we both are kind of lucky to be here. Soooo lass as each restriction is lifted you just go out and live life to the max. Good luck tomorrow.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yikes, @CricketHip, I don't know how I missed your Sunday post about not feeling well. I'm glad you're doing better and sorry you went through that.
I'll be sending out good vibes for your epidural that it straightens things right out with your neck. I've never heard of this epidural therapy. I'll have to Google it; it sounds very interesting.
It sounds like you're doing very well hip wise though and that is wonderful!
Sending you tons of good wishes, hippie friend. :)
 
Hello @DeepBreath ! Good to "see you" :roseshwr: Well, at least Im feeling better today.. it's a great day so that helps, too. Epidurals are a wee bit intense while being injected but it gets the steroid right to the bad areas. No worries. I've had them before. Again it's one of those things that makes me feel so grateful.. to have these options to feel better, you know?
I am just a beat up bucket of bones. :heehee: Sad, but true! so I just have to buck up and deal with it.
Once a chiro Dr- who I love and respect a lot was working on my neck and stepped back and said what happened to you?! Did someone drop you on your head from an airplane? haha sigh...
How are you today Miss DeepBreath? Are you having the same terrific weather there?
 
I'm sorry your neck is in such a state, @CricketHip. My poor momma had such problems with her neck as well and I remember how it affected so much of her life. She finally found a chiropractor who worked with her for many years. His ongoing treatment helped her to find so much relief. It was a blessing, God love her.

Ah, okay...now I am getting a clearer picture of the epidural and the steroids. That makes sense. I'm glad you do have options to help with the pain. As you continue your awesome recovery with your hip, hopefully that will help with the neck issue as well, re: craning your neck.
After reading about your car accident, my goodness, who wouldn't have neck issues?! I'm so sorry that happened.

Today is absolutely gorgeous here. We have bright sunshine and right now the temperature is standing at 70 degrees. It's the 'poster child' for A Beautiful Fall Day. :)
I'm glad to hear your weather is lovely as well. It just helps the all around mood, doesn't it?

Sending good vibes for that epidural, friend! Stay strong. :flwrysmile:
 
Yes, this is the perfect fall day, I wonder if @Nana757 is on a golf course somewhere??
This is why I do massage, chiro and massage have helped me immensely. Early on the dr's just told me to learn to live with it and charged me a big fee for that advice. I was in my 30's and just beside myself with pain and headaches, etc. But then my world opened up.. miraculous!!
It seems we gravitate to the things that helps us. I can't sit for long periods at a desk so being active and on my feet worked for me, until Little Miss Lefty Hip decided to get cranky.. but that's all over and now it's on to good times! :yes!:
I am so congested but the aches and chills all gone. I walked 4500 steps so far today and have been doing fall yard work. Now it's time to enjoy a lovely nap with my ice packs and maybe some good show or movie that I have on the DVR.
Hugs to you @DeepBreath - I was just recalling how nervous we both were pre op and the PM's we were sending back and forth. look at us now!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@CricketHip
Truly hope you are ok? No fun with kneck stuff. No one wants to b a bobble head. U r a real trooper. Noticing there r alot of us with multiple car wrecks in our past......The body is amazingly durable......11 in my past.....7 totaled......9 of my wrecks were not my fault....4 were completely totaled vehicles........
Is there any doubt? God has spared snd saved my life.......your life?
What an amazing God I serve. The God of Abraham, Isaac, snd Jacob.........His son Jesus.my personal savior.
Cricket..........I am praying to Him 4 u and your kneck.
U have an smazing life testimony........Many on BS do!!!!!! Many of us r walking miracles........TRULY.
Praying for u......also praying Jesus shine his face upon u today! It is my prayer He reveal His purposes right now.........in your life.
You are made in His image.....it is why u r AMAZING!
My hips are doing wonderful.....Thanks for inquiring. Both seem balanced......still don't know what make and model.LOL
Such a guy.........hahaha. Trusting a good outcome on your kneck.........also for many other BS friends!!! Y'all are an amazing support! !!!!!!:walking::bow::praying:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom