Recent content by mechellec

  1. mechellec

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    I am glad you are doing so well! Sounds like a great recovery!
  2. mechellec

    Shelly's Recovery

    I haven't been on this site forever but since it's my one year Kneeversary I thought I'd share a little post. This site really saved me through some trying times. The support is huge! Anway, all is going great. I don't have any knee pain and I would guess my ROM was somewhere around 130. I...
  3. mechellec

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    That is fantastic news! What a great feeling to be able to ride again!
  4. mechellec

    Shelly's Recovery

    @sandi4213, @sistersinhim, @liam2015, @Pheebs52 Thanks so much ladies! Your support has been huge!:flwrysmile:
  5. mechellec

    Shelly's Recovery

    Five month kneeversary today and I will say that (knock on wood) this is the best I have felt. I finished a five day medrol pack yesterday for inflammation and it really helped. I measured at 120 degrees today with ease and it felt great! I have truly learned that for me "less is more". It's...
  6. mechellec

    Shelly's Recovery

    Thanks @liam2015 and @Pheebs52! I went to OS on Tuesday and he and his PA both didn't like my swelling and put me on another Medrol (sp?) pack. This time it is working though. Since Tuesday my swelling is sooooo much better. My knee looks and feels so much less swollen. I only went to PT on...
  7. mechellec

    Shelly's Recovery

    Thank you @phrog! I agree with you about all of us being on different time tables. I think I went into this surgery over confident because my parents had both already had two tkrs each and I was a lot younger and more active than them going in and they healed fine so I assumed my recovery would...
  8. mechellec

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Ouch!!!! My knee seriously hurt while I was reading about your accidental MUA. I hope icing is helping you! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. mechellec

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Woohoo! I'm so glad you had a great first day back! I like being taped too and I agree that it does help with the swelling! Hope you have a nice relaxing evening and can celebrate your great day! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. mechellec

    TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

    I'm so sorry about your daughter's elbow but I'm so glad she is bouncing back quickly. Kids are amazing with their healing! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. mechellec

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Great post about swelling! It has been my nemesis since my MUA. I have never had swelling issues in my life until this surgery (but then again I've never experienced anything like this surgery). My biggest challenge all along has been trying to work on the swelling and stiffness but still work...
  12. mechellec

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    Liam2015 I started wearing a sleeve this week too. No idea if it will help or not but I've worn it to work the last two days and it feels okay and my swelling seems to be down a little. Heck, I will try about anything to help this process. :). Good luck! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. mechellec

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    @Pheebs52 That is so fantastic!!!! Way to go!!!! Your OS sounds amazing as well! I'm thinking about having a nice glass of red wine tonight (since I don't think the Aleve I've been having will conflict with it :) ) and I am going to raise my glass and toast you. You have the best attitude and...
  14. mechellec

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Well Susie, at least Jon Snow finally bent the knee! :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. mechellec

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    I love your sign! I don't have a crafty bone in my body so I would buy something like that instead of trying my kindergarten attempt at making it! :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom