TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

So sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope her recovery goes as well as yours!
 
Sending healing thoughts for your daughter, and some for you, too. I hope she's comfortable until she can get her cast.

Your 21 minute mile sounds good to me. My morning walks are anywhere between one mile and two, and take between 20 and 40 minutes. The walks have definitely given me stronger leg muscles and whittled away a few pounds. The more we can do, the better we feel.
 
Oh no, I missed your post about your daughter. I'm so sorry. I hope her ortho appointment goes well and they can set it with no difficulty. Keep us updated. Prayers and hugs for you. :prayer::friends:
 
Thanks guys. She did great all afternoon with the splint and pain meds on board. But man, after finally getting myself off narcotics, I wasn't ready to start dosing a family member. Lol

@becticu it was in NH, I was there on a quickie weekend getaway. I want to ride the cog train next.
 
Prayers sent for your daughter. Man, that sucks! I hope she sleeps tonight and stays comfortable until she can get the cast.
 
Oh, your poor baby. I've always had wild energetic kids with never anything worse than a sprain. Nothing was ever too high or too fast for my oldest girl. Once when she was 8 she convinced her brother to help her drag the trampoline below the deck (which was a good 8 or 9 feet off the ground) and take flying leaps off the deck onto the trampoline. Yikes! He was never as adventurous as she was and put a stop to it by tattling on her pretty quick. When she was 3, she walked the top of the wooden swingset from one end to the other , hollering "tightrope." And I'm the one who ended up with a bad knee? It seems like you are energetic with the kids. Hope you knees heal fully soon and allow you to be a ninja warrior too.
 
Hi @Jennszoo, I'm glad your day went okay with your daughter and hoping you both got to sleep last night! Yes I knew you got to go on your whirlwind trip to NE but wasn't sure if there was another mountain by that name. I was so fascinated by that mountain when we were there. Did you learn about the huts that are along those mountain tops? That is actually on my bucket list to hike the tops of The White Mountains and stay in the huts. I also want to climb to the top of Mt Katahdin which is Maine. That is the start of Northern end of the Appalachian Trail. I've been able a third of the way up that one. We did that trip when we took our daughter and son in law up to hike the Appalachian Trail south. That is beautiful country up there!
 
I've never wanted to mountain climb until going up Mt Washington. Such interesting terrain.

The little one is perfectly fine this am. Kids, man. They bounce back so quickly. While mama still whines about her 5 & 2 months old surgery scars....:bawl:
 
I'm so sorry about your daughter's elbow but I'm so glad she is bouncing back quickly. Kids are amazing with their healing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Jenn, so sorry to hear about your baby's elbow; ouch! It sounds to me like she takes after Mama in the adventurous department! Glad to hear the meds are keeping her relatively pain-free; phew!

Mt. Washington is just incredible, isn't it? In younger days, we've hiked halfway up in April to watch the daredevils ski Tuckerman's Ravine. It's quite a *show* and nothing I would ever attempt, but definitely a great hike and some incredible scenery. We would often ski across from Mt. Washington at Bretton Woods, just so we could enjoy the magnificent view of the big one. :heehee:

@becticu, the Mt. Washington Valley area is where we are thinking of retiring, so if we do, you know where to come knocking! I'm impressed that you did part of Katahdin; tough hike!
 
Oh your poor baby girl. I'm sure she'll do fine. After all, she has you for a mother! You and yours are in my prayers.
 
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter breaking her arm, Jenn.

I do hope they are able to put a cast on it without causing her more pain.
 
Back to work tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm going to a daycare to do speech/hearing screenings for 2-5yr old's. I called today. They have 18 signed up! :sos: When I was in my groove, I could maybe get 15 done in the allotted time (before lunch/nap). So I'm definitely going to spread this out to 2 days. I was hoping for a smaller group to start back with, but might as well jump on in. Shouldn't be too taxing, other than lots of up & down. So looking at 2-3 hrs of work x2 days and then about 2 hours of computer time writing it out. Next week, I have 3 days.
 
She'll be so popular with her cast - did she get to pick an exciting color? Glad to hear she is doing well. Good luck tomorrow with the little ones. Hope you can get some icing and elevating in after you get home.
 
Pretty purple. She loves it.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 187
I broke my wrist about 7 years ago. Much as it hurt, it was nothing like the tkr. Glad your daughter is doing well, and such a pretty purple. I had blue. We don't get anything quite as pretty for our knee. Maybe we should invent something.
 
Beautiful girl and a pretty purple cast! Hopefully she heals quickly!
Take it easy on your return to work and plan for down time to rest, ice and elevate!
Keep us posted as to how it's going! Good luck!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom