Recent content by LuckyKY

  1. LuckyKY

    Revision TKR Maltracking Patella

    How did it go? Perhaps the surgeon felt that the original implant was too small? Do you know what kind/brand you had first time around? Hopefully you are on your way to a permanent recovery....
  2. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    Things are going sooo much better with my leg (and ribs), I’m really encouraged! My OS confirmed that the knee is okay, and said the actual fracture should be getting pretty well healed by 3 weeks. I’m walking with a cane or sticks and some independently, and taking less tylenol. I went to...
  3. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    I like your idea of doing something special for my husband, @SusieShoes , thanks for that! I never thought I would be high-maintenance, but I’m finding myself doing some of the things that my Dad was doing last summer while hospitalized (Ie. wanting some things “just so”, trying to take stock of...
  4. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.... the PA said that I was extremely lucky, he was super concerned when he heard about it but felt better after reviewing the xrays and examining me. He told me to really elevate the leg to minimize swelling, try heat as well as ice, stay off of it as much...
  5. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    This was not the post I thought I would be writing next.... I was released from PT a few weeks ago (ROM 115/2) , and had been regaining my normal activities and stamina each day. I was increasing my steps, regaining strength and balance, taking short hikes, etc.... I felt ready to ease into...
  6. LuckyKY

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I did aqua therapy yesterday in a warm pool for the first time- best bend, great exercises, awesome sleep! You may be on to something with trying the moist heat...
  7. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    Seven weeks today! The past week has been uneventful and I’m spending more time being active and on my feet. Last ROM measured at PT was 110 and -2, and I have little pain (Still occasionally at night after an especially active day, also taking Tylenol regularly). Surgeon was pleased, said to...
  8. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    Yesterday I celebrated 6 weeks since surgery by taking a slow-but steady hike around our “river trail “(probably 1/3 to 1/2 mile), using hiking sticks and joyfully accompanied by our dogs. I am sleeping well most nights (still occasional tossing and turning), and only need occasional naps...
  9. LuckyKY

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    The Russian stimulation wasn’t really painful for me... just a little uncomfortable in 10 second increments. I was relieved when it was over, but I’m not apprehensive to do it again nor was I sore later.
  10. LuckyKY

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I, too, got my new knee on the same day. Yesterday, I started with a new PT due to an insurance glitch, and I like this one SO much better! I think I will get more out of it in terms of regaining strength with weak muscles, which is very important to me so that I can ride horses again safely as...
  11. LuckyKY

    TKR Ups and downs (11 weeks post op)

    I appreciated reading the link, thank you. Yes, there are SO many opinions out there, I like reading them and then choosing what feels right for me.
  12. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    Soooo happy today, I made it through the entire night in our bed and was even able to lay on both sides some of the time (I’m a side sleeper and had really been missing this)! It’s been four weeks since surgery. I’m looking forward to walking outside a little today (it’s supposed to be a...
  13. LuckyKY

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Thinking of you, @SherrieT ! Hoping that your pain is under control....
  14. LuckyKY

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    I just now read about your fall! Wow, just soooo grateful you are okay, and hope your pain is in control tonight. Happy Birthday tomorrow, hope it is quiet and comfortable!
  15. LuckyKY

    TKR Doing great at 12 weeks, kicked by a horse...

    Thanks for checking on me, @Beckadeez ! It’s been a good week... I had my first 3 PT sessions, and was fine with how it went- there was a combo of exercises, bike, icing, massage, etc., and it never felt like too much pushing. Yesterday at PT, my knee measured at 100/2, just shy of a month...
Back
Top Bottom