Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral PKR One Year Update

Good news. Now take care of the soft tissue damage and rest up. No more MUA without A. A lesson learnt here.
 
Thank goodness you are ok @SherrieT. I hope you are sleeping away right now, as I am three hours behind you in SoCal. You sure got everyone's attention. We all can relate so very much. Take good care and check in again tomorrow. :)
 
Glad it all turned out OK, I think we were all worried. That could have turned out so much worse.

Bit concerned that any PT reading this may kick our legs out from under us to get best numbers now.

Take a step back for a few days to recover from the fall then onwards and upwards. Don't forget I have $5 on you for a top ten finish in next years Boston marathon
 
Hi Sherrie! I hope you are feeling better! What a scare!!! Sending you good, healing thoughts!
 
Good news on all fronts. Not exactly the way you want to find out how far your knees will bend, but at least you can say you know. I’m sure all the swelling, bruising, and pain you’re going through now wasn’t worth it. The slow, steady way is so much more comfortable.

I’m joining everyone else in sending healing thoughts your way. You’ll get back up to speed and then some. :friends:
 
Today is a new day! Isn't that a silly old saying? But it is how I'm feeling right now. Some new aches and pains but nothing too bad. Got back on schedule with my meds and had a peaceful night. The leg cushions I have are so wonderful. I use them in bed at night and on my recliner during the day. They do make a big difference.

PT came this morning and I have lost a bit of flex and extension 95/5 for left, 95/10 for right as opposed to 100/5 left and 100/0 for right the morning of the fall. My right knee is the one that took the main brunt of the fall so not surprised it's a bit more sore. But that's not too bad and to be expected. No exercises but we did go for a walk outside. 650 steps this time. I made it all the way to the end of the road and the entrance of the field Bashie gets walked in. But best of all I have been cleared for short trips (after that long drive to Boston and back yesterday don't want to do that anytime soon). So the next time one of the kids go to the store for short shopping trip I can go with them and in the store. I'll take my sticks with me and will just go back to car when/if I feel the need. Don't really want to use one of the electric carts. Just have a block against them. But if I'm having good time and don't want it to stop I'm sure I can overcome that.

In all the excitement I overlooked my 2 week kneeversary on the 13th. In the ER the Admin person asked if I was glad I got the bilateral done and it is still an unqualified YES. She's been having some issues and is looking into her options.

Sunday is my birthday and we are having some friends over tomorrow for a little celebration. Daughter and son-in-law doing all cooking. For a birthday present to myself I've ordered a digital camera and will use rest of my recovery time to learn how to use. My phone (iPhone 7+) takes great pics but I'd like to explore a bit more photography wise. SIL got an iPhone 8+ and I'm so jealous of the pics it takes but don't want to buy a new phone for camera features!

Thank you all for the wonderful support. I will "pay it forward" as much as I can.
 
Thank God you're doing OK. You're one strong lady! I'd probably still me laying in my bed crying had it happened to me! How inspiring you are!
 
Thank God you're doing OK. You're one strong lady! I'd probably still me laying in my bed crying had it happened to me! How inspiring you are!

I maybe getting ready to throw myself on bed now and cry. My pain pill refill prescription was supposed to have been mailed to my home on 2/13. My ortho team verified it in the ER yesterday and gave me a script for a couple of days of pills until it got here. Prescriptions scripts were still not in mail today. We get our mail late in day but I messaged OS office to tell them and ask them to verify address. I'm worried they won't get message until Monday and who knows where the scripts are. So frustrating. The small script they gave me yesterday will only last until tomorrow.
 
I hope you get your medicine soon. My OS won’t give me anything unless I personally pick up the script at his office 30 miles away. Hopefully there’s just a glitch in the postal system.
 
My OS will mail mine to me, too, since he's about 90 minutes away. But, we really can't count on the mail. I was blessed that mine did get here in time. I hope yours comes in the mail tomorrow and that someone didn't drop the ball and not send it. Make sure you have Tylenol. It will help a little and you can take 4000mg in 24 hours.
 
My pain pill refill prescription was supposed to have been mailed to my home on 2/13.

I will say that anything my OS office mails to me gets lost in the bureaucracy - Takes days and days to get to me. I think the doctor's assistant puts it up for mailing, and then it winds its way through the place until it gets to the person who actually stamps and mails.

Why can't they just e-prescribe to your pharmacy? That's why my OS office did. Even the pain pills. There is so much micky mouse nonsense going on these days mucking up the works because of the opiod crisis. The truth is that all the new regs only create hassles for us who really need the meds. The junkies and addicted folks have ways to get their hands on the meds no matter how many regs and procedures are in place.

I so hope you are pleasantly surprised in tomorrow's mail. And additionally, I am so glad you are none the worse for the wear after your fall. Happy birthday Ms. @SherrieT. You have a great year ahead!
 
But best of all I have been cleared for short trips (after that long drive to Boston and back yesterday don't want to do that anytime soon). So the next time one of the kids go to the store for short shopping trip I can go with them and in the store. I'll take my sticks with me and will just go back to car when/if I feel the need.
Even though your doctor said you can go on a trip like that, it really is a bit too soon.
Check your activity again with this article:
Activity progression for TKRs
 
I just now read about your fall! Wow, just soooo grateful you are okay, and hope your pain is in control tonight. Happy Birthday tomorrow, hope it is quiet and comfortable!
 
I maybe getting ready to throw myself on bed now and cry. My pain pill refill prescription was supposed to have been mailed to my home on 2/13. My ortho team verified it in the ER yesterday and gave me a script for a couple of days of pills until it got here. Prescriptions scripts were still not in mail today. We get our mail late in day but I messaged OS office to tell them and ask them to verify address. I'm worried they won't get message until Monday and who knows where the scripts are. So frustrating. The small script they gave me yesterday will only last until tomorrow.

This just feels like a cruel joke. Have been waiting, ready to trip mailman, since being told that pain script was mailed on the 13th. The Ortho PA went upstairs to verify with their admin when they had been mailed when I was in ER on the 15th.

So happy today when I saw envelope from hospital, handwritten to me. I should have known something was up when I saw the post mark was the 15th (the day the admin said they had been mailed on the 13th) and when I opened it, it was a script. From January 12th for compression socks.

I know what happened. The person hadn't mailed the script when the PA came and asked them about it so they printed off the (wrong) script and got it in the mail that day (the 15th) thinking they were covering their behind. I scanned the compression socks script along with the envelope showing the postmark and sent them to Dr through patient portal. This is holiday weekend so I'm pretty sure it won't be read until Tuesday. My daughter called the Dr on call and explained what happened and asked what we could do as my pain level was getting pretty high. She said not to come all the way up to Boston but go to local Urgent Care and they were usually pretty good about getting you enough meds to last a couple of days.

Have one pill left for tonight so probably not much sleep going to be happening here and will go to Urgent Care in morning. It was too late to go when on-call doc suggested it as we had guests coming over for early birthday celebration. Tried to be as cheerful as possible in the circumstances.
 
Did you get your meds? I pray so, and I pray you have a painfree and very happy birthday!
 
I just caught up! What a week you’ve had - but so glad for your outcome. I hope your meds are straightened out by now. And happy birthday too!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom