Recent content by Liznwiz

  1. L

    THR One step at a time

    Hi all, not posted for a while as I have been extremely busy preparing for my daughters wedding in less than two weeks time. I just wanted to update you all with progress. It was the hen weekend this weekend and we had a lovely time in London. This was a grown up hen party, not the boozy loud...
  2. L

    THR One step at a time

    @Sullivand Thank you for your kind comments, it made me feel better. I forgot to say the lady in question who took no pain killers is 70 years old. I'm not sure if that is relevant or not. Good luck on your return to work, hope the kids look after you. I know when I did work in the classroom...
  3. L

    THR One step at a time

    Just a little update for you all. The physio gave me some really simple exercises to do, apparently I need to just train my brain to understand I can put weight on my operated side. So I've just got to lean that way until I can eventually lift my left leg off the floor, also got to do marching...
  4. L

    THR Kay9s Recovery

    You did a great job @Kay9 hopefully Kerry will join us and see how we all progress at a different rate. Please don't feel guilty because you have made a great recovery, you had all of Bone Smart to help you and she will have the same if she joins.
  5. L

    THR Kay9s Recovery

    What a fabulous journey you have planned, I wish I could come with you.
  6. L

    Left hip needs done, have to settle CRPS first

    Happy Birthday to you, hope you had a good one and a wee dram to celebrate
  7. L

    Left hip needs done, have to settle CRPS first

    @Legin congrats on the new job, I'm sure you are going to make a success of it, and the C A B work too. Also hoping you new hip op goes well when you finally get that far.
  8. L

    THR One step at a time

    @Cynthia777 My walking stick. Not a good photo but it is the same thickness all the way down. Its adjustable for height and also folds up so I can pop it into my bag if need be.
  9. L

    Are/were you a smoker before/after hip surgery?

    @Nana757 I think I healed quite well, the scar is neat and I didn't have any problems with it at all. Nor have I had any other major recovery problems, comparing myself to those on Bone Smart, it was a pretty normal recovery. I think the biggest problem would be with blood clots, although I...
  10. L

    THR One step at a time

    I've been away for a long weekend break and had a lovely restful time, just trying to catch up on all the posts I missed. I went to GP yesterday, my blood test results were fine, nothing to worry about there, but apparently my blood pressure is a little high, I have to go back next week and have...
  11. L

    Are/were you a smoker before/after hip surgery?

    I'm going to own up, I smoked before and after op, I always say it keeps me sane. I did cut down to 10 a day a year before the op. Now I'm back up to 19 a day, mainly due to spending so much time just sitting. Once I'm back at work and doing normal daily things I'm sure I can cut down again. (19...
  12. L

    Are We Nervous Yet August Hot Shots?

    @Cynthia777 you asked how us post op hippies coped with the stress. My method was to read as much as I could. Unfortunately I didn't find Bone Smart until quite close to my op. But I read loads of websites, I even started to watch a you tube video, (not to be recommended) I didn't get far...
  13. L

    THR Kay9s Recovery

    I'm sorry to say this, but I took my first drive at 6 and a half weeks, and it was very short and quite painful. I had my right hip done, so every time I moved from accelerator to clutch there was a small pain. A week later I took a longer drive, about 40 minutes driving, and by the end I was...
  14. L

    THR Kay9s Recovery

    @Kay9 just been doing a bit of a catch up on your recovery. The problems with the washing really made me laugh, although I know how easy it can happen, I tried to hang out washing whilst using a crutch, I had washing on the floor, and the crutch kept escaping. I gave up in the end and called...
  15. L

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    The thunderstorms were pretty spectacular last night, although we never had any rain with ours. I have to say I don't think I need sleepytime tea, I'd never wake up. I tend to take a long time to get to sleep, but after that I don't wake up until gone 9 most mornings. I don't have a restful...
Back
Top Bottom