Recent content by larks hips

  1. L

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Yeah! I'm sure you are thrilled to finally be going home! Looking forward to hearing your details once you get caught up on some sleep and ice. Take it easy on yourself!
  2. L

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Great to hear that your second surgery went well, but so sorry to hear that you have the WBC issue again. Hope it gets resolved quickly so you can get home and more comfortable. I understand the boredom issue - I experienced that as well, tough for those of us that are used to being busy...
  3. L

    THR And so, I Continue

    Great to hear that you are up and around! I had dizziness early on as well. Chalked mine up to more meds and not enough food, so it got better as those got resolved. Hope you can get some rest.
  4. L

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Congrats on getting the second surgery done. Looking forward to hearing how, or if, this recovery is different from the first. Hope you are getting some rest.
  5. L

    THR First hip done!

    Thanks all for your kind words and @Jaycey for posting the important stuff in such a convenient location. Been working on my phone, which seems to fly thru battery power, so I'll provide more details when I get home. Guess I should have brought my tablet too! Dizziness mostly gone today so...
  6. L

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777, why am I not surprised that you were checking asap on your wbc numbers! There are so many reasons that a high value can be logically explained. Such a shame that arrogant surgeons can turn us upside down. I've been in a post op fog like a few others, but good to read that you are...
  7. L

    Only one week left!

    @JMACCA, I did quite well. I've written some on my recovery thread, more coming soon.
  8. L

    Only one week left!

    @Arlene56 As suggested above, saltines and chapstick are really important. Also, for me, a saline nose spray and zip front sweatshirt or sweater to wear over gown. Don't bring too much, so easy to over pack.
  9. L

    THR First hip done!

    Didn't think I'd be posting so soon; I am totally amazed at how well the day has gone! Arrived at the hospital at 5:15am, for a 7pm surgery. Expressed my concerns about the aftereffects of a general and that I didn't want to be ill, to all who would listen and some that didn't. Last thing I...
  10. L

    Only one week left!

    Thanks, @Nana757 for your experience. I certainly don't want to feel, hear or see anything. That happened to me on one earlier surgery - no pain, but I woke up for a few minutes - but not much to see or hear that time, where that won't be the case with this surgery. I think I'll have a chance...
  11. L

    Only one week left!

    @Cynthia777 - yes, we could be twins! I'm not Italian, but love the food and wine - does that count? Appreciate your well wishes and hearing about your experiences about my concerns. I've got anti-nausea meds on the top of my list for Wednesday. I think if I can get through that smoothly, I...
  12. L

    THR Toddlermom - one down!!

    Hi, @Toddlermom, sounds like you are doing well at home. What a shame they tried to rush you out of the hospital given your bp issues, and the craziness with PT, but hoping you are getting the spoiling and rest you deserve. So nice that you have your mom there to help with you and the littles...
  13. L

    Considering a walking stick...a big step...

    @dandy_candi, I started using a walking pole that I had previously used to provide more exercise, so not at cool as yours!, about 3 months ago, mostly around the house, then when I was out and about and have recently moved to both poles as I felt more balanced with two. I did get some looks...
  14. L

    THR Toddlermom - one down!!

    One done and good to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing more posts about your fabulous recovery!
  15. L

    THR Toddlermom - one down!!

    @Toddlermom - I'm sure you will do great - looking forward to new posts when you are up to it1
Back
Top Bottom