Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
:yay::yay::happydance::happydance::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::happydance::happydance::yay::yay: so happy for you! Now rest and recover!! You will have plenty of time to write when you go into your euphoric driven sleeplessness! There's no stopping you now..
 
Trying to see if the hospital has a password for wifi so I can use my iPad mini. Typing on this iPhone at the moment is difficult.
I'll just say this recovery will be different because the used and are still using an epidural. The only problem is the numbness is much more pronounce on the hip that was already done almost three months ago. I've already walked the halls, but only 50 feet because hip #1's knee is numb and I feel like it could give out. Not feeling anything I would consider to be pain, but just slight discomfort. More later...getting sleepy.
 
Good news, @Cynthia777! That anterior approach is so good -- I didn't walk 50 feet for two weeks with my antero-lateral approach. I'm wondering how you can walk with any numbness that soon after surgery! Hope you get good sleep!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking about you all day @Cynthia777 Glad to see you're on the other side and ready to reclaim your life! Continued prayers for your speedy recovery! xoxo

Oh @Krista you are so right about the Anterior! I had to wait so long to be eligible for insurance that my hip is now waaay too damaged for that approach. So...on Friday, I'm scheduled for a left Posterior hip. I can guarantee one thing tho...the moment my OS sees that my right hip is deteriorating, I'll be signing up for the Anterior approach stat!
 
@Jillie422, I had no idea that people wouldn't be eligible for the anterior approach if their hips were too far gone! I had been feeling sorry for myself that I hadn't had it, but had antero-lateral instead. It's possible I wouldn't have been a good candidate anyway. @Cynthia777 , you have had two anteriors now, how very clever of you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom