THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 So the fog is lifting by week 2? I hop so! This level of exhaustion is so strange for me.

And last night I layed on my non-operated side for 2 hours and it was glorious!!! Don't have the confidence to attempt side sleeping...just side-resting for now!
 
@Toddlermom
If I hadn't woken up on my side, I would be much more reluctant to sleep that way too. What I find really odd is how sleeping on the op side is more comfortable than sleeping on the non-op side. Crazy!
My mind is getting clearer by the day, but I still get the physical energy drain and boy do I LOVE my nap time! You're doing so well...I'm happy for you! :-)
 
Update
Although I have an appointment with my PCP on Monday, I just couldn't wait until then to find out what my WBC count came back at, so I called. The good news, it's down to 13,500, but it's still above the normal range. Hopefully it will keep dropping. Thanks for everyone's support! :loveshwr:
 
Wow, Cindy! Two weeks out the other side and you're doing SO WELL! If you're like me, it's hard to believe the recovery has gone so well -- and you're already this far along. Keep it up!
 
Tomorrow is my 6 weeks OS visit. I'm hoping I'm going to be set free to side sleep and bend over. Anyone know what the 'test' involves? The PA said I'd be tested for motions, flexibility etc.
 
@Cynthia777, why am I not surprised that you were checking asap on your wbc numbers! There are so many reasons that a high value can be logically explained. Such a shame that arrogant surgeons can turn us upside down. I've been in a post op fog like a few others, but good to read that you are continuing to make such super progress. I'm hoping to get home tomorrow and follow in your fabulous footsteps. First off will be spending some glorious time outside. Hope you can soak up some vitamin D as well, always seems to help my psyche!
 
Awesome news about your wbc count, @Cynthia777! I know that must be a huge relief.
There is still so much healing going on, for a full year and even beyond. I think it's a good thing that it is still slightly elevated. It shows that your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do...triggering its immune response and mending itself.
I hope you feel better and that you can breathe a little easier after hearing the results. :)
 
I can't believe you are sleeping on your side, so jealous! My op side is still very swollen 5 weeks out and it hurts to lie on it and my un op side is just damn painful to sleep on.

Got my second date---May 26, the surgeon was all booked up except for two dates in May already!

Hope the WBC count gets straightened out soon.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Cindy...you are making us all look difficult! Now stop being such an overachiever! Just kidding...but seriously .....you are making such amazing progress. Nothing short of miraculous. You rock!!! God is good. I hope you continue to breeze through this journey. Maybe my second one will be easier. Fingers crossed. I am grateful that your infection seems to be disappearing also. Great news. You are always in my prayers.
 
@Cynthia777 So the fog is lifting by week 2? I hop so! This level of exhaustion is so strange for me.
I wonder if some of this is because Mums are used to being in charge and now you're "managing" a household and youngsters alongside recovering from a big Op, so there's a lot of activity surrounding you (and a busy head) which must be very tiring. Those of us who are a smidgeon older and simply have hubbies to boss around don't carry that extra load.
 
I slept a lot after my hip especially - it's a big surgery and pain meds also make you sleepy. I figured I should just sleep if I was that tired! Not quite so drained after my knee but it's still there.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cynthia777 - I was going to suggest calling to get your test results before Monday! That's a long time to wait and I'm sure they had those numbers back pretty quickly. So - glad you did call them! Great that the number went down and you can feel some relief about that. Hope that continues. :SUNsmile:
 
@Cynthia777 yeah:wowspring:lower wbc !!!!..........another check off in the huge gratitude list of recovery!
I just hit the5 week mark and finally finding the side sleeping comfortable if I've had enough Tylenol .
My OS said that the scheduling of my other hip will largely depend on how well I strengthen my core, hips ,legs....and loose the 15 lbs I gained during my deconditioning and pre op state of last year. Doing so seems like a marathon effort this week......but if I can make progress it will be less wear and tear on the remaining displasia issues of the other hip. So great to see your testimony of pre op angst turn to such realistic recovery success........thanks for yr shares with us all !
 
Tomorrow is my 6 weeks OS visit. I'm hoping I'm going to be set free to side sleep and bend over. Anyone know what the 'test' involves? The PA said I'd be tested for motions, flexibility etc.

@CatLady1 good to see yr post. We are at similar points of recovery , me a week or so after you. Don't remember if you had anterior or posterior? I just had my 5 week check and OS had me walk to check gate,
Laid on table to check ROM in all dif positions, standing ROM. Asked lots of questions about activity, medication needs, and VACATION PLANS ?????:what: Got a recommendation to still make my primary work walking and gate. Pt
2 x pw, and can now swim and do ver simple "Aqua size class". Still not finding side sleeping to comfy ....going to get a body pillow for better support! How are you feeling.........? iM still getting pretty exhausted by 2-3 pm after resuming a slower than old normal day.......but even with reduced pain....this is one heck of a major surgery.....which we all seem to forget too easily. Hope your follow up apt is informative!:type:
 
@geneva -- It was informative. I'll post all the details on my own thread, but was given the green light to resume normal activities. One thing I thought was interesting, as I was getting settled into the exam room, one of the OS' nurses stopped by with a paper and said "Have you been given the bicycle instructions yet?" Of course I said, "No", but in essence, it was go beg, steal, borrow, buy a stationary bike, and follow these exercises for the next few months. It starts with 2 minutes twice a day, and moves up to 15 minutes twice a day by the end of the month.
I had wondered about the reduced activity level I was under (while some of you here went off to PT almost immediately). Now it makes sense - due to dysplasia, and the greater possibility of dislocation due to my very narrow hip sockets, the ROM activity was restricted for 6 weeks while muscles were healing - the muscles that hold the hip in place.
I was also told that due to dysplasia, full recovery (muscles stretching back out to lengths they haven't been for many, many years) could take up to a year. I was also given the go ahead for full time work... Waahhhh! :rotfl: It's been sort of nice working 3-4 hours and day then going home.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Cynthia777! I am so happy to hear your WBC is getting back into the normal range. I noticed that you and someone else mentioned the screws in your hip and that it may have been due to the uncemented and/or AVN. I don't know about that....but, I had uncemented and had no screws. So, maybe it was due to the collapse???
Isn't it funny how well you know your body and when something shows up, like a rash, you know something isn't right? I'm glad you figured out that it was the latex and not just the adhesive. I'm allergic to adhesive and within 24 hours I start blistering from it.
Hope you are continuing with your remarkable recovery, my friend. XOXO :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom