Recent content by Lanie

  1. L

    Revision TKR Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery

    Oh boy, sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I was progressing and after being told about 6 weeks ago that my ROM was 95, the new knee just kept getting stiffer. ROM is now 70!!!! Scar tissue. My OS gave me a prescription for a dynasplint. It's been over 2 weeks now. 1hour 3X a day. It sure does...
  2. L

    Revision TKR Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery

    Dorothy, I live about 7 miles south of Livingston on hwy 146. I have an apt with Dr Edelstein Aug 20th. I am going to ask him about a knee splint or brace that will help gain my ROM. Thankfully my pain is gone. I have been going to pt since May 28th. I am thinking its about time to stop. I walk...
  3. L

    Revision TKR Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery

    Dorothy, yes Dr Edelstein was my surgeon..He is brilliant..I am still struggling with ROM. I go to see Dr Edelstein in 12 days. Thank u Juniper for your kind words. Today I managed to get on all 4's on the floor and to rock back and forth. Since I am not at 90 degrees yet I was told not to try...
  4. L

    Revision TKR Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery

    I am still going to physical therapy 2 times a week. My ROM is 85. No more pain meds needed. I hope all the May Marvels are doing good. This forum has been so helpful. My knee looks almost normal, some swelling and stiffness but otherwise no pain!!!! :yay:
  5. L

    Revision TKR Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery

    I was given the ok to drive from my OS! woooooohoooo! I have a 95 degree bend and my knee extension is great. Physical therapy will be ongoing for awhile as the muscles need to get built back up...The muscle pain persists and the scar tissue is getting better. The treadmill really makes my knee...
  6. L

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tashia, I have seen the bisquit quilt..The guild muslin I buy is 5 dollars a yard the last time I bought it. Now The fabric I buy for my quilts is usually around 10 dollars a yard and I have never bought more than 3 yards of it. I like to keep the guild muslin around for my quilt backings. I...
  7. L

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tashia, so glad to hear things are better. I can't wait to go to our local quilt shop!!! Does going to see the beautiful fabrics and threads and all that wonderful stuff make you as happy as it does me? I am ready to go buy quilt backing muslin. Our local quilt shop has muslin that is very...
  8. L

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Janae, I am using a cane. My knee was very stiff yesterday at pt and I wasn't able to make a full revolution on the bike. I walk in pt stiff and uncomfortable and leave feeling like a million bucks!!! I also have exercises I do at home that the pt gave me a printout of. I went for a walk and I...
  9. L

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Janae...wowee 120 ROM ...good 4 u! My good news is today I was able to make a full forward roatation on recumbent bike at PT. I haven't got my full strength back but I know I am on the road to recovery. This knee surgery has been an emotional roller coater for me too. I cried today and felt...
  10. L

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tashia, I was able to make a full revolution on the recumbent bike at pt today. This has been my goal for sooooooo long. I think my OS knew exactly what he was doing. The road to recovery is never easy, is it. I had a good long cry yesterday...oh the roller coaster of emotions after a knee...
  11. L

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tahia, My heart goes out to you...I feel your frustration and darn right frustration at your circumstances. Take it one day at a time. I have you in my thoughts and prayers.
  12. L

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Wow Janae! Congratulations!
  13. L

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tashia, you are in my prayers. I have a stiff knee that will hardly bend after pt yesterday. It must have been that darn rocker board. I have been icing and elevating and just walking around the house. I am now taking my pain meds every 6 hours instead of the 4 hours. Oh the ups and downs of...
  14. L

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tashia, I love fabric and have many favorite online shopping sites I order from. You are very talented to be able to quilt and sew clothing etc. I will check out the social room. I have the blocks for 2 grandmother flower garden quilts to be put together soon. Right now it is very hard to...
  15. L

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Congratulation on the new knee!
Back
Top Bottom