Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a glorious day outside! I am getting stir crazy..Looks like the picc will come out April 15th. Only 4 more days until I go back to OS appt. I am so ready to get active again and hear what his plan is. I am very hopeful things will turn out well. The iv antibiotic seems to be draining my energy. I am sleeping 5-6 hours at a time now and also not taking as much pain meds.
 
Prayers you soon get that knee and this time recovery goes wonderful. Big Hug!
 
Oh, Lanie, I am so sorry to hear of your trials! I had an infection from an insect bite last summer that went to my TKR when I was 4 months post-op from a wonderfully uneventful TKA. You can read 'jancat's story' to get more detail, but I also had a PICC line for 6 weeks. I was initially started on Vanco and Zoszyn; I turned out to be allergic to both of them! I started spiking high fevers 9 days after starting them. Then my ID doc switched me to Daptomycin and Rocephin(cefiatraxone) and all was smooth sailing after that! Plus, I went from several hours a day of infusions to only 10 minutes a day! After the PICC came out I was on oral minocycline for 10 weeks, first at 200mg/day then down to 100 mg/day after 2 weeks.
I hope this last revision is IT for you!
Are you seeing Dr. Maale?
I wish you the best! Keep us posted.
 
jancat, Dr Maale is definitely on my backup plan if my OS recommends knee fusion or amputation..I go back to OS April 9th. I am going to read your postings. Thanks for replying.
 
I went to OS today. I go back in 2 weeks and have fluid taken out of my knee. My tkr is scheduled for May 22nd.
Thank you Jesus for answered prayers.
 
knee aspiration was painful...however no fluid came out! I then had to go for blood culture and the nurse called today and said no infection and the revision TKR is a go...:yay: so may 22nd is the date for my surgery and I am thrilled at the thought of being out of this wheelchair and using my new recumbent bike hubby bought me ...I never dreamed I would end up having 3 different knee implants on my poor right knee...All the hopping around on my left leg(no weight bearing on the right since implant was removed) has made it quite painful. There is a new road ahead and I am looking forward to the walk.
 
Oh my I had a fall in the bathroom just a while ago...I could not get up...My husband came home from running errands so I was on floor a short time! I did not hurt my bad knee that is in the brace until they can put the new implant in on May 22. It sure scared me...I have been using wheelchair mostly and then transferring to the walker and hopping on one leg. I was trying to wipe the bathroom floor with a Clorox wipe and swoop I went down. I won't be trying that again. I am counting the days until I get that new shiny knee.
 
Lanie, you have been through the wringer on knees and knee surgery. I do also hope that this one is the last one!!
 
Thank u...I believe this will be the last one..The left one has been doing all the work for almost 2 months now and it may need to be replaced, but I will put it off as long as I can.
 
Well tomorrow is the day I will finally get my new knee. This will be the 3rd right TKR. PT starts May 28th. I am looking forward to being able to walk again.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery
I hope this is the tomorrow that you so deserve. My prayers are with you for a successful surgery and the last one for this knee.


Please take care and keep us posted. We really ,really care.
[Bonesmart.org] Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery
 
I am home from the hospital. I have been taking it easy. Icing, elevating, and resting. I do use my walker to get around. The knee is quite swollen. I have been reading bosesmart articles..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzis calling me. tomorrow is my first pt session.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery
to the other side for the 3rd time. Keep that knee iced and elevated and make sure your PT session is gentle, easy and pain free.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Upcoming Rt TKR revison surgery
 
I got my new knee! My 1st PT session was on May 28th. ROM measured in at 82. No sleep for me last night...I worked on icing and resting...Then I would get up and walk...heel, toe, heel, toe...I came home with scripts for Norco 10/325 ..2 every 4 hours as needed for pain. My staples will come out June 5th. I am so very happy.
 
Lanie,
just read through your thread. You have certainly been through a lot! I pray that you are now on the road to an uneventful TKR recovery. Prayers are with you.
 
Hi Lanie, just catching up with you. So glad you are on the mend from hopefully your last right knee surgery!! Take it slow and easy, rest, nap, ice, elevate and most of all, let others do the work!

Keep us posted, you've got lots of support here!

Be well,

Dawn
 
I have entered the phase of I am soooo sleepy but can't sleep. I walked and walked the floors last night, iced, elevated, medicated..the new knee just wouldn't relax. I read the Total Knee Replacement book for about the 3rd time,played computer games and massaged my right foot and ankle which has been having achy stiff going on since being immobilized for 3 months. I drifted off about 830am this morning and waoke up about 200pm. I am calling the dr tomorrow and see if I can get a muscle relaxer.I will take this any day over what I've had!!! Even though its swollen and healing it bends...I can hardly believe it.:egypdance: What would we have done without bonesmart?????
 
I was given the ok to drive from my OS! woooooohoooo! I have a 95 degree bend and my knee extension is great. Physical therapy will be ongoing for awhile as the muscles need to get built back up...The muscle pain persists and the scar tissue is getting better. The treadmill really makes my knee feel so much better.
 
I am still going to physical therapy 2 times a week. My ROM is 85. No more pain meds needed. I hope all the May Marvels are doing good. This forum has been so helpful. My knee looks almost normal, some swelling and stiffness
but otherwise no pain!!!! :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom