Recent content by LadyJune

  1. LadyJune

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Oh wow, so glad you weren't hurt by the fall. I would imagine that would shake you up quite a bit. I still step cautiously on wet pavement. Good to hear how well you are doing with your hip. Minimal discomfort is such a blessing compared to what you were experiencing a year ago, I'm sure...
  2. LadyJune

    THR Glad to be a hippie too...

    Three months can make a huge difference. The progression of healing has been slow at times and then it would be like a switch was turned and major progress was made. At not quite 4 months out from surgery, DH and I made a trip to Seattle, WA. Part business and part fun for him, but I enjoyed...
  3. LadyJune

    THR Stripey joins the hippies!

    @Stripey sounds like your recovery is going really well. Glad that you are back to enjoying the little and big things in life. Thanks for sharing the info regarding the possibility of infection from an animal bite. DH and I were up in your neck of the woods the first week of August. We rode...
  4. LadyJune

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    Great to hear how well you are doing!! Your comment about dragging the walker at some point made me smile! I got to the point that I was carrying it and when I realized it I just left it where it was. You definitely sound like the poster child for bilateral thr :)
  5. LadyJune

    THR Resurfacing

    @medic4355 I am so sorry for the continued pain that you experience. It is hard to imagine 20 broken bones and the healing that had to take place and is even now continuing with your hip. I will circle your pain in prayer asking for God's healing in your body. I wonder, have you ever looked at...
  6. LadyJune

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    @dogmom1960 I agree about the lack of information. At the time of my surgery I only knew one other person who had a thr. His dr and surgery was different from mine and that made it hard to determine if what I was doing was right. I was so glad to find this forum...it kept me from going nuts!!
  7. LadyJune

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    You sound just like I felt the week before seeing my OS. I had several days of feeling wonderful...walking more and able to do things by myself. Then it seemed like I took a turn for the worse. I too was concerned that I had done something to my hip. It was so good to talk to the dr's staff...
  8. LadyJune

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Sounds like a lovely way to spend your day. Both DH and DD have thrown pottery...too bad they didn't keep it up. You should share some pics of your pieces :) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. LadyJune

    THR I am now a hippie too!

    Good news on your follow up visit with OS. Bet they were glad to see how well you are doing. All of your icing and elevating is paying off!! Hopefully the knee will get better with the PT :)
  10. LadyJune

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    What a night you had!! Hope the rest and icing will continue to help and maybe others will have words of wisdom. The fact that your PT guy was able work out the pain is a good sign.
  11. LadyJune

    THR Hdold joins the hippies

    Painting your toe nails caught my attention also...haha! I did manage to do that this week although I must admit the left foot was a little more difficult. Sounds like you are doing great! I understand your concern and know that you will be relieved to see the X-ray of your hip...just another...
  12. LadyJune

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi Can I just say that I wanna be like you!! Sounds like you are definitely doing well. Is the stiffness letting up when you first get up?
  13. LadyJune

    THR Glad to be a hippie too...

    Icing and taking it easy seem to be doing the trick. Up this morning and not a twinge anywhere. Mornings haven't been fun so I'm glad for this change. Now to keep on this path. I was still able to take care of things around the house and a couple of errands. Just made sure to rest and ice in...
  14. LadyJune

    Bilateral THR Serenity Strikes Doubles

    Sounds like things are going really well and your barbeque sounds wonderful @Serenity41. I chuckled about your swollen hips...I was rather upset/surprised to see how large my left hip was after surgery. Told DH that if I needed lipo before this surgery, then I would definitely need it after...
  15. LadyJune

    THR Stripey joins the hippies!

    So little pain and so fast...that is awesome!! Hopefully you are getting plenty of sleep now that you are home :sleep:
Back
Top Bottom