THR Hdold joins the hippies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all…. its been a while since I did an update. Thankfully all going well. I am doing pt twice a week….progressing nicely. I am able to walk for so much longer…….tie my shoes……paint my toe nails…….isn't it amazing how the little things excite us……

I haven't seen my OS yet….normally he sees patiences at 6 weeks (Tuesday 10th for me)…but he is away for a couple of weeks….so I will see him at 8 weeks. With my incident I am anxious to get that x-ray and hopefully confirm all is well. Although my brain tells me if I did anything to the implant I would surely be feeling something bad by now…...

I am a little sniff in the morning and I am learning how important it is to do my stretching…..

Hope you all have a good weekend….to all the dads…. Happy Father's Day…
 
You sound like your doing really well @Hdold and coming along so well and you're right - it's the little things that matter :) If you can do everything like tie your shoes I would think it is unlikely you have damaged anything in your hip. Good luck and hope you keep recovering as well as you have been.
 
Omg .. Paint your toe nails!! Yes! Is that what I have to look forward to? So excited.. Not there yet .. But hope I will be as awesome as you when I am! Keep up the amazing work!


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Painting your toe nails caught my attention also...haha! I did manage to do that this week although I must admit the left foot was a little more difficult.

Sounds like you are doing great! I understand your concern and know that you will be relieved to see the X-ray of your hip...just another milestone in this journey!
 
@Hdold Great update my friend......I am so glad you are doing so well!!!!! It truly is amazing how time flies, I can clearly remember u going in and I the day after now its 6 weeks later and look at u...Marvelous :) Be in touch. :)
 
@Hdold You are doing awesome, with all the little things you can do now that you couldn't do before. Yay!
I am sure you are ok with the implant, as it would really be hurting you if you had damaged something....
Good that you will be getting xrays fairly soon to put your mind at ease.
Continued success and good healing to you, my friend.
 
Hi all, been a while since I did an update…….I meet my OS on Monday.. 8 weeks since my operation. My first time since leaving hospital.

I saw my hip…amazed me when I look at it.... He confirmed all is looking well…….I told him about my incident and he thinks one part may have moved 1-2 mm. He assured me no issue and the implant is fine. Scary though….

I am doing pt twice a week…..they also do soft tissue massage….this has really helped some of the painful muscles….when I stand up now I am getting much less pain on that initial step.

He told me I can start swimming, playing golf and do some upper body weights. I have to say being a worry wart I am so scared each time I do something new…. my concerns... will I hurt my implant….will I get an infection……on it goes. But I know I need to get doing all my usual activities again.

I have been very blessed with a great recovery so far…..here's hoping it continues.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hdold joins the hippies
@Hdold, by the time April rolls around again, you'll find that you rarely think about your hip as you go about just living you life; and that's what it's all about!
 
@Hdold Helen, great update.....I also am a worry wart...2 biggest is falling and dislocating. I have been assured by my pt hard to do unless u a contortionist. ...Those massages our truly my fav part of my pt, although, it hurts a bit but in a great way. So pleased to hear you doing great. We should make a pact not to worry so much, will bring wrinkles hahahahaha.......All my best....Sue :friends::SUNsmile::happydance:
 
@Hdold and @Sue629 Curious about the soft tissue massage.
Specifically to help with stiffness upon standing, do you think this helps?
Which muscle area is best to focus on?

Glad you both are doing so well. It is nice to have our lives back, isn't it?
:egypdance:
 
@MajorHeidi For me I had showed my pt that when i laid on my good side, the lower part of my scar (posterior approach) felt hard compared to the rest...She said that she was going to massage that area to break stuff up and get things moving inside that particular area...She did say i still had lil bit swelling in that area. It does feel good and totally makes my thigh looser. Now if i can only get a full body massage I be awesome haha....I am wondering how long (being 8 weeks out tomorrow) you feel stiff in morning or after sitting for a period of time..I know its early in my recovery. I just got off my one crutch 2 weeks ago and totally using cane. A work in progress I'm thinking :)..............@hdold are you feeling the stiffness as well?
 
Yeah for you Helen! So happy for you! Such a great report! Glad everything is good .. It so nice to feel awesome isn't it?


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Hi @MajorHeidi sorry for not answering you sooner….I am a big believer in soft tissue massage…I got it done when I broke my ankle and am getting it done again for my hip. Not all pt's do it …they started working on the soft tissue for me a week ago. I am not sure the names of the muscles they are working on….but they are at the side of my thigh….inner and outer. I do believe it has helped a lot…..I no longer have the pain in my groin….and no pain when I start walking. It is very sore when they work on the muscle…….but so worth it.

@Sue629 I am a little stiff in the morning…….but when I do my stretches it feels better.
 
Soft tissue massage was my fix for IT band issues. Took about two months....every week for a month, then biweekly for a month, and whoa.....it worked.

Helen, good to hear it's all going well for you.

Sharon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom