Guest viewing is limited

THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I visited my local walk in clinic to have my urine tested for a suspected UTI. I have had ongoing issues with constipation and diarrhea since my op and I have tried to get my gut flora rebalanced with lots of probiotics. For the most part I'm am doing a lot better but I still have this slight discomfort similar to the beginning of a UTI. I have no fever and no real progression to full blown UTI, just mild discomfort. The doctor on duty said that I had some white cells present but no blood, and that he would send it off for a culture which will take a couple of days but that he didn't want to give me any antibiotics due to the fact that I had been on so many during my hospital stay and after. I guess it makes sense to know what we are dealing with but with everything I have read about getting on top of any infection it makes me a little nervous to be waiting even a couple of days. I had to use the local clinic because my family doctor is away and I wish she wasn't because I don't really like the clinic doctors. Hence part of my discomfort... I feel like I am so hyper focused on my health and so scared that I'm going to get sick and not heal properly that every little thing worries me. So hopefully it won't progress and I will get the all clear on it and all this worrying will be for nothing.
 
@pottergirl
Sorry you are having to deal with this possible UTI. I hope you get results soon, and get antibiotics going
if called for....

I bought some inexpensive trekking poles at Wal-Mart to use on my hilly terrain of my backyard.
:friends: HUGS
 
Well, after talking it over with my husband we decided to visit the local ER. They looked at my urine and said it looked fine and the doc there reassured me. :snork:

@MajorHeidi , I'm going to ask about them tomorrow at PT. Apparently there are two different kinds of poles, one for hiking and another for a workout, Nordic walking. I don't think I'm ready for that yet.:heehee:
 
@Jamie Would you please change the name of my thread to more accurately reflect my status: "Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THP two days later". Thanks a lot :snork: Jacqueline
 
I think I'm at a plateau... 7 weeks. Reading through many other people's posts I recognize similar frustrations... - Why am I not getting better faster? Why do I still need pain meds? When is this freaking yeast infection going to go away? Oh, I guess that last one is just me :swoon:. What I first though was a UTI now seems to be a yeast infection, not surprising that I was on antibiotics for so long, but I thought I had done enough to replenish the gut bacteria. Not so. I am doing everything I can think of to deal with it and hopefully things will settle soon.

On the upside, my dutiful husband is now weeding the garden, moving garden pots and buying soil to satisfy my insatiable need to garden and for this I am extremely grateful. Today we planted a big herb pot and two hanging cherry tomato pots. If I can't get up into my hilly rock gardens at least I can putter on the deck. It's lovely!

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Yay on the planting of herbs and tomato gardening!
Are you taking probiotics like Align or Culturelle?
 
Oh yes, I have been taking probiotics for weeks. I just switched to a different kind so hoping to feel better soon.
 
Hi @pottergirl and welcome to BS!! You will find that everyone here will do all they can to make sure your questions are answered and the fears that you have are alleviated. We have all had our share of concerns and completely understand where you are coming from. Hope that all continues to improve for you and that soon you are back doing all the things you enjoy!!
 
@pottergirl I am two days behind you and also had issues from the abx given in the hospital. I am glad that you are better now. I had been on probiotics prior to surgery because I had the same thing happen on my two prior surgeries and was given Diflucan those times. My dr doesn't like to give that Rx too often but did it again since just the probiotics didn't work.
 
@pottergirl the Diflucan should do the trick! I wish I knew a way to keep this from happening but those abx just do a number on our system...out with the good and the bad.
 
I've discovered massage and trammel gel! Yay yay :wowspring:

At PT yesterday I was complaining, again, about my sore knee and my PT gave me a massage to work out some of the knots. Oh my goodness what a relief! Apparently they cover a whole range of things you can do for relief in the "pre-hip replacement assessment" at our hospital but because my situation was an emergency I missed that whole part. Oh well, getting caught up now. Arnica gel, Trameel gel and Voltaren gel were all recommended. Today my lower back and knee were aching and I gave both spots a good rub with the gel and immediately they felt better, don't know how long it will last but is a nice break from the aches.
 
Today's the day! I am going back into my pottery studio!!! When I broke my hip I was preparing for a studio tour in my city and I had made a lot of pots which were not yet glazed. I had to cancel the stop on the tour which was unfortunate but not really such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I obviously can't sit at the potter's wheel and make pots, but I have lots of finishing which I should be able to do with no problems, except for maybe help loading the kiln. This is a day I have been looking forward to for a long time, and I don't intend to push it but hopefully get a few things done out there. It will take me a long way in satisfying my need to be creative. Not really a hip replacement post but a significant day for me :loveshwr:.
 
Sounds like a lovely way to spend your day. Both DH and DD have thrown pottery...too bad they didn't keep it up. You should share some pics of your pieces :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@pottergirl I changed your thread title but you should be able to do it yourself if you have the link to "Thread Tools" at the top right hand side (next to "watch thread")
 
I'm seeing my OS tomorrow and hopefully I will get some answers, but this knee pain is driving me nuts! I am massaging as per the PT instructions but still when I lift my foot off the floor I feel a shooting pain on the top outside of my knee. I think it is related to muscle damage, because today I was feeling where it originates and it seems to be coming from very high up in my thigh. It's annoying because my hip feels good but walking has become a chore lately. I did have one tremendous day about two weeks ago when I felt so great I went for a long walk, I wonder if I did something then. It's getting me down and I am really missing my old self these days. I try to keep my attitude positive, but up until just over two months ago I was in fine shape and did whatever I wanted to. Now I feel like a completely different person, and I am having a bit of difficulty with this. Today is a bit of a pity party :cry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom