Recent content by Katiedid2

  1. Katiedid2

    THR Katiedid's post op journey

    Thought I'd post a 6 month update. Actually, I reached the 6 month mark back on November 3. That was one day after I'd successfully climbed back up to the rim of the Grand Canyon on my own two feet, no mules or helicopters needed. :heehee: I had hiked to the bottom of the canyon the...
  2. Katiedid2

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    So very happy for you, Krista! Just got back on the computer after more than a week and one of the first things I did was to check in on you and read your new thread. May the healing continue!
  3. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    I hope everything is going as well as can be as you get so close to your date with the surgeon. I will be away from the computer for the next 10 days and when I return you should finally be on the road to real recovery. Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!
  4. Katiedid2

    THR Katiedid's post op journey

    Thanks, Josephine. I'm about to go away for a month, but I'll look into a chiropractor when I get back.
  5. Katiedid2

    THR Katiedid's post op journey

    @Josephine - What do you think may be causing my pain? Thanks so much for taking the time to help so many here on BS. I am now 5 months post op. I can walk easily without a limp. My problem is ongoing pain in my backside. It's worse when I get up in the morning and after sitting in the...
  6. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Wonderful news all around! So very happy for you. And really, really glad to hear that you are finally able to get some decent sleep.
  7. Katiedid2

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    Terrific news! I too am wondering about the movement the doctor cautioned you about. Also, I have that clicking or, as I usually call it, clunking. I'm just over 19 weeks post-op and it's mostly but not all gone. My doctor kept telling me it would eventually go away so eventually I...
  8. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    What good news! A date and sleeping comfortably for 7 hours! I am so happy for you.
  9. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    So happy to hear that you got through this procedure. Will be hoping that the pain subsides soon and you can rest better and get on with recovery without any further obstacles.
  10. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    So glad to hear that you are not having quite so much pain and that you got to go out the other night! Any word on when you go for the kyphoplasty? I sure hope to hear it's this week.
  11. Katiedid2

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    Chickie, so very sorry about the loss of your dad. Hugs and comfort to you.
  12. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Krista, thanks for making the effort to keep us updated. I am so glad that there is a relatively easy fix for the compression fractures. I sure hope they can get you in next week so that you can proceed with the surgery on the 15th. Keep us posted. And may you get some good hours of sleep in...
  13. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    I will be thinking of you Tuesday, Krista, and hoping for the best. Glad that you will have your husband and sister with you at the appointment. It sure helps to have more than one set of ears listening to what the doctor has to say. Also, referring to your update above, I've got to say that...
  14. Katiedid2

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Krista, so very sorry to hear what a horrible time you are having. I will be hoping that the back doctor can figure out what exactly is going on and then quickly do something to bring you relief. My son is having back surgery in early August. His problems include among other things muscle...
  15. Katiedid2

    THR Sherrymorss recovery thread

    So glad to hear that you are now back on the road to recovery! I know what you mean about driving. Today I had to drive my son to the hospital for his pre-op. It was the first time I'd driven since before my THR on May 3 and I felt a little shaky on the way but much better on the way home...
Back
Top Bottom