Guest viewing is limited

THR Sherrymorss recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes a lot of sense about Missy and the walker. Although I say I miss my walker at times, I'm actually very grateful that I don't need it anymore. You'll get there Sherry. :-)
 
Still fighting the gout today. I'm a little disappointed in how slow the medicine seems to be working. I guess patience isn't my best trait. The pain isn't quite as bad though. I bought a new rollator walker to get around outside. It's supposed to be less hassle than the two wheel one with tennis balls I'm using inside. Hopefully next week I can resume my walks outside so I can build some strength in my operated leg. I hope everyone else is doing ok today. Boy it's hot here. Going to be 97 today.
 
HI Sherry!
Did the doctor say how long it takes for the medication to work? Are there different doses available? I guess patience is the word of the day, which I have little of! :-)

It's 104 here today! :yikes:
 
He said by the end of the 5 days the gout should be gone. I only have 2 more pills. One I will take tonight and the last one in the morning. If I took more of this medication it could make me sick. The side effects are upset stomach and all that goes along with that. My gout is better, but it's no where near gone. I can at least walk if I don't go too far. I haven't taken any pain medication today. After I sit down my foot and ankle really ache but if I just wait about 15 minutes it quits hurting. That is good because I really need to get off this pain medication too. It makes me want to sleep all the time.

My brother lives in Las Vegas. Now they have hot weather. Wow
 
Sherry, throughout my year-long non-recovery, I have used a rollator walker (wheels on all 4 legs) inside all the time. I am able to get around quite quickly and the seat allows me to carry things, since I am always bringing things from one room to another. I hate the walkers with only two wheels, as they are so slow and awkward, you have to lift up the legs without the wheels, or drag them along, and they scratched up my floors. I think you will like using your 4-wheeled walker a lot!

Hope your gout improves soon! It's hot here, too, 90 degrees with 63% humidity, and supposedly it feels like 99! I am not going outside at all.
 
My new rollator walker was delivered today. My grandson will be over this weekend to put it together for me. It will live in the garage because it's too large for inside the house. I got it for my walks outside when I can get started with that again. I'm going to like having a seat so I can stop and sit if I need to. Krista I'm glad yours has worked so well for you.
 
My gout is finally letting up. My foot and ankle are still sore but I can walk on it for several minutes now. After I sit down it aches some but usually goes away in about 15 minutes. Took some regular tylanol today for pain and have not taken any more prescription pain pills. I am going to try to refrain from taking any more of those. My pain is no longer bad enough to require them and I think it's well past time to be done with them. I hope everyone else is doing ok.
 
Oh thank goodness Sherry! You're really coming along nicely! You should see More improvement now that you almost have that gout under complete control. I'm so happy for you. :loveshwr:
 
Thank you Cynthia. I hope things start moving along now. I was able to walk around the house a lot more today and helped out with the Pugs a lot more today too. I'm so glad I can do some regular stuff I'm used to be able to do. I hope everyone else is ok today too.
 
About three years ago I started getting gout flare ups in my right knee. It was the worst knee pain I've ever experienced, and I tore my ACL twice. It was as debilitating as can be. I can't imagine having to deal with that on top of your THR recovery.
 
@tpsteele33 I've never had it in my knee thank God. I've had it affect my big toes, which is the most common place, but this is the first time I've had an attack this bad. I had it mainly in my left foot and ankle but also some in my right foot. It also went into two of my fingers on the right hand. I don't know of any pain as bad as gout.

I see you will soon be having your surgery. What ever you do, stay hydrated. My regular doctor told me this attack was likely triggered because I let myself get dehydrated. My body had been through a shock with the surgery which can cause an attack too. I hadn't had an attack for 3 years. This has really set me back in my hip surgery recovery because I absolutely could not walk while the attack was at the worst. It has been a little over 2 weeks and I'm finally getting some relief. My dr prescribed some colchicine. The side effects of that are not pleasant either. So please take care to drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet. Good luck on your surgery in August.
 
Made another advancement today. I was finally able to get my operated leg up high enough to get into the driver's seat of my jeep so I can drive. Wow it felt weird. It's been 2 months since I was able to drive. Boy that felt great. Also took a few steps without my walker today with out even realizing I did it at first. Boy I'm so glad to being back on the road to recovery.
 
So glad to hear that you are now back on the road to recovery!

I know what you mean about driving. Today I had to drive my son to the hospital for his pre-op. It was the first time I'd driven since before my THR on May 3 and I felt a little shaky on the way but much better on the way home.

In any event, may you continue to make steady progress, a little each day!
 
What wonderful news Sherry! You're on a roll now! I remember the first time I drove post-op and I was almost as excited as I was the day I got my first drivers license! :happydance:
 
Hi Sherry, sorry to hear about all your troubles but glad you're now on the road to recovery!
:driver:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom