Recent content by karisa7174

  1. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    @shrinkette Ellen, so glad to get on here and read of your improvements. So happy for you!! I know it's been a longer process than you ever imagined, but you're getting there! And the pain is gone!! Love your new profile picture! Happy Easter!
  2. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    @shrinkette Ellen, I've been busy with work this week and not online much. Was so glad to get on this afternoon and see such a wonderful update! I'm so happy for you!! Keep up the good work!!
  3. karisa7174

    THR Lisa lands on the other side

    @Freaky freak things had been going pretty well. Recently though I've been having a lot more leg pain and weakness, reminiscent of pre-surgery. Hoping it's nothing major, trying to rest as much as possible and keep up with a little therapy. And just trying to stay positive.
  4. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Ellen, I hope things are going okay for you. Continue to think of you and lift up prayers.
  5. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Hope this weekend has been a good weekend for you Ellen. Praying this week goes well for,you and that you're able to get home in a few days!!! Take care and know you're making amazing progress!
  6. karisa7174

    THR Lisa lands on the other side

    Well, I'm now 6 1/2 weeks out. Where does the time go? I went to the doctor last Thursday and he said all looked great. Restrictions are done, yippee!!! Although he said to still be careful. And I know when I try to bend or turn too far. My hip definitely let's me know. He officially...
  7. karisa7174

    THR JoAnne's Journey

    I had been extremely nervous leading up to my surgery too. And the last couple nights I felt calm about the entire situation. It will all be over before you know it! I'm 6 1/2 weeks post op and not regretting it for a minute!! I've done a lot of housework today and while tired, the pain is...
  8. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Great to hear that you've got a tentative date!! That's awesome!! Keep up the great work! So happy to hear the hip pain is gone. Sounds like you're moving forward. What a journey you've been on. Continued good thoughts and prayers coming your way.
  9. karisa7174

    THR JoAnne's Journey

    Good luck next week! Will be looking for your first post on the other side!
  10. karisa7174

    THR 5 weeks post op for left THR

    @mature mama welcome to the Bonesmart family! Sounds like you are doing wonderfully with your recovery! And bottomshollow is correct, PT should not be painful. It's not necessarily easy, but should never cause you additional pain! I am one week ahead of you, I'm at 6 weeks post op today...
  11. karisa7174

    Tips for setting up for THR

    My a dad raised my couch a few inches to make it easier to get in and out of. He used 2x4's and then another small piece of wood to make a lip around it to keep it from sliding off. Agree that a handyman should easily be able to make something. I have a raise toilet seat and did put the...
  12. karisa7174

    THR RTHR 3-3-14 New Hip Time!

    So glad to hear everything went well! Keep up on the pain meds, rest, ice, and elevate. Hoping your recovery goes smoothly!
  13. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    So good to hear from you again Ellen!! Keep moving forward and you'll be home before you know it!! I'm sure you're ready for your own home and some real food!! Praying for you and hope things keep progressing forward!! You have made great progress so far!!
  14. karisa7174

    RTHR Tomorrow, March 3rd

    Like everyone has said, the pre op fear is definitely the worst! Sending good thoughts your way and looking forward to you joining the other side!!
  15. karisa7174

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Ellen, so glad for your small victories. Definitely sounds like you're doing well!! Keep up the good work! Getting out of bed on your own is a great milestone! You'll be getting into bed on your own too before you know it!! Keep up the great work!! And have a great weekend!! Continued...
Back
Top Bottom