Recent content by jmp65

  1. jmp65

    MUA Rubber band feeling'

    @Pontoon Yes, I had both the tight band feeling and also poor ROM. I was stuck at about 80 to 85 degrees of bend. Hope everything goes well for you in your recovery! I had to use a CPM machine for 12 hours per day for 3 weeks....then was in decreasing amounts of time for 2 more weeks.
  2. jmp65

    MUA Rubber band feeling'

    @Pontoon I had a MUA almost 6 months after TKR and am very happy with the results. You will have more discomfort after MUA...but I was surprised...I was expecting to have way more pain than I did have. I am still not to 100% but I am still improving slowly. Good luck with your MUA!
  3. jmp65

    MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

    @Spex10 Glad you are doing well so far! Do you have to use the CPM when you go home? I had to use it for 12 hours a day for 3 weeks! Then in decreased amount of time...gradually for 2 more weeks. I was sooo glad when that was over. I never want to see a CPM machine again in my life...lol! Try...
  4. jmp65

    MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

    @Spex10 From someone who has been through an MUA...it is not as bad as it sounds! I am so happy I went through it...hoping for great results for you too!
  5. jmp65

    MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

    @Spex10 I know what you mean about your knee is stuck. I get it! My knee was stuck too but at the point in recovery where you are I think it could very well be swelling causing it. And sometimes it doesn't even look swollen that much on the outside but can still be on the inside. Just take your...
  6. jmp65

    MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

    @Spex10 I have been reading your thread. Haven't been reading or posting for a while. Am approaching my 1 year anniversary from surgery on January 4th. But I also had an MUA right before my 6 month anniversary. Please give your knee more time to heal. I am not trying to tell you not to have an...
  7. jmp65

    TKR Seven years out, Right TKR

    Hi @julesm86 So glad to hear you are doing so well. I remember how excited I was when I could do some of those first's...like going up and down stairs like a normal person, and the first time I could go all the way around on the stationary bike...I cried that time! It is exciting...and many...
  8. jmp65

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    Great news about your 123. So happy for you!
  9. jmp65

    Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

    @Jordon6 I also had a MUA back in June. After I had it done and was going for therapy my PT asked me to contract my guad muscles and I was unable to do it. This was after I mentioned to her that I felt like my leg was weak and tired feeling. She told me that sometimes after surgery or MUA the...
  10. jmp65

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    So glad to hear your sister keeps getting better! Wonderful news!
  11. jmp65

    TKR Bumps on the Recovery Road<

    So sorry to hear you are down. We all recover at a different rate. As long as you are improving...even if slowly...that is what counts! Hang in there and remember a year or more for complete recovery. What is it they say...patience is a virtue! I have to remind myself of that all the time!
  12. jmp65

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    So glad to hear you are making progress with your wound healing! I know well what it feels like to feel behind others but we are getting there and we all have our own story to tell.
  13. jmp65

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    @Tabbycat So sorry to hear you are having troubles. I have 2 cousins and a very close friend who have RA and I seen how it affects their lives and my mom is hypothyroid which can cause lots of problems too. Then with a slow recovery from TKR...I just feel so bad for you! Doesn't seem fair...
  14. jmp65

    TKR Seven years out, Right TKR

    @julesm86 So glad you got a good report today. Don't know how some of you do it with going back to work. Glad I waited to have my knee replaced until after I retired. I am just now this past month or so that I feel like I could go back to work and I still don't think I could do full days. Hope...
  15. jmp65

    MUA R knee and tightness<

    @Tabbycat Glad I can give you hope! I am proof that we can continue to make progress even after this long...and you can too! You are awesome...I see your posts on others threads...you are so kind, compassionate and helpful to others! Bless you for all you do!
Back
Top Bottom