Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
@tjcteacher yes, you do have lots of health issues to cope with, but you always come across as cheerful and optimistic, and I admire that.
I'm sitting here looking at my painting of Lake Okeechobee, and hoping all the BoneSmarties in Florida are alright. Won't rest until I know.
It's a year ago today this whole nightmare with my knee started. It's been a long year. I hope the next one is better.
 
How beautiful! I too are worried about and praying for our Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina friends. Praise God Matthew hasn't come on land yet, so no one has had to deal with those 120mph winds!
 
OOOO, @tjcteacher I love that painting! It has such wonderful colors. Nice that it is a local Florida scene. I have a painting of the Santa Fe River by a local artist that I love. It's nice to be surrounded by objects that bring us happiness and peace, especially as we recover.
 
@Floridagal , actually it's my painting, it did come all the way from America though. It's by Leonid Afremov, he paints an original, then copies of that painting and that's what this is. It's a real oil painting though. His work is very colourful. I've got one in the bedroom called Barefooted Stroll. You are right, this one is very peaceful and serene to look at, and it's right opposite my recliner.
Hope everything is ok with you.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
    image.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 163
A year? Whew, a long time. Who knew this would take up a year of your life.
Next year better!!
 
I've been out of touch since my internet was out for a couple of days probably because of the hurricane. I was busy with my brother and sister-in-law visiting. They live seven miles from the Atlantic near Daytona Beach and were relieved that their home suffered no damage. It is good to be able to get back to BS to check on my friends.
 
@Tabbycat So sorry to hear you are having troubles. I have 2 cousins and a very close friend who have RA and I seen how it affects their lives and my mom is hypothyroid which can cause lots of problems too. Then with a slow recovery from TKR...I just feel so bad for you! Doesn't seem fair sometimes...especially when someone like you being so caring and compassionate towards others. Will pray for you!
 
Margaret, I love your paintings...I'm sending healing thoughts and pray you feel much better soon!!!
 
It's a year ago today this whole nightmare with my knee started. It's been a long year. I hope the next one is better.
I too hope you have a better year coming up.

I empathise as I had my failed microfracture surgery last July (2015) so feel like I've been in recovery for forever - and my non-existent leg muscles make me look so too!

x
 
I put you on my daily prayer list. I'm sorry this has been such a long, hard journey for you. Prayers for healing, comfort and a new year of good things.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Haven't posted here for a while so here's an update.
Six month check up with my OS was today. I went in so anxious, feeling like a failure, but my lovely surgeon wasn't just pleased, he was "delighted" with my knee, though very sorry to hear that I am having what seems to be a bad RA flare with a great deal of pain in both knees. I'm going for a GP appointment next week and will ask for a blood test to see what my inflammation markers are doing, and might need to see my rheumatologist. I'm also going to see a counsellor in two weeks to see if she can help me get my anxiety under control, as I know pain causes stress, but then stress causes more pain and you (or I) get into a vicious cycle :tiredwheel:
I've kept the best news til last. My extension is "getting there" and my ROM is 123 degrees. How 'bout that! The surgeon said "You must have worked really hard". I said " Actually I didn't, it just happened when I wasn't looking".
The BoneSmart way triumphs again!
Love to all,
Tabby
 
Hey Tabby, what good news! When your OS is happy, you know you are on the right road! You have so many people praying for you, you are bound to have success in the end!
 
That's wonderful news about your ROM. I'm happy for you. Your slow train is arriving at the station. I hope you can get some relief for your flare-ups and your anxiety. When every angle is covered you'll be so much better all around.
Xxx
 
It's great news that your surgeon was so pleased with your knee! :yes!::happydance::yay::flwrysmile:
Your ROM is great, too and there is still plenty of time for it to improve even more.
 
Yayyyyy!!!!! This is such a great report, I am soooo happy, you deserve this so much more. Your ROM is really good and it will only get better.:happydance:

Please don't ever feel like a failure, I know that this has been very challenging for you, but you have never given up, you always have a positive attitude and always encouraging others, maybe at times you have been frustrated and that is very understandable but a failure never.

It is time to celebrate this amazing victory!!!!!:flwrysmile::roseshwr::dancy:
 
Oh Tabby! so happy you had a good report from your OS :yahoo:
and your 123 ROM is just wonderful ! did you know it was going to be that good ??
I hope you keep improving and your blood test turns out well.:console2:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom