MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on having the MUA behind you now Spex10 - only up and up from here [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
A new day dawns after a night strapped to my creaking CPM machine. Can't wait to be released from it and go home. Knee doesn't look swollen and isn't painful but its still pretty numb from the nerve block.
 
Update. Am now up and sitting with both feet flat on the floor! Physio measured my bend (all my own work, physio didn't touch it) at 85degrees. OS pleased with result. Said it wasn't hard to break the adhesions. Phew. Am very tired. Awake all night due to machine wheezing away as it bent and stretched my leg. Back home soon I hope to sleep and ice!
 
All sounds very promising! I didn`t have the CPM machine but did when I had MUA post POP, it used to rock me to sleep
 
I didn't know you'd had a MUA @Cratchit. Hope it worked.
Mods will be pleased to hear that physio told me to ice ice ice and only try a few heel slides. Am icing as I type!
 
PS not breaking out the prosecco yet. Am on Diclofenac so no alcohol!
 
I'm glad you're home and at 90. Did the OS say what they got your knee to during the MUA? Don't be tempted by PT, ice, elevate, rest.
 
I forgot to ask him. All he said was that he was very pleased with the outcome and that it hadn't been too hard to break up the adhesions. Sorry. I was pretty fuzzy from complete lack of sleep when he came to see me this morning.
Am currently icing and elevating.
 
I didn't know you'd had a MUA @Cratchit. Hope it worked.
Mods will be pleased to hear that physio told me to ice ice ice and only try a few heel slides. Am icing as I type!
I didn`t have MUA for this procedure, it was 3/12 post trauma after my leg had been immobilised for 3 months = when it was wizened and hairy! Soon dealt with all that!
 
Glad to hear everything went well and you're back on the mend. Ice, elevate and rest.
:flwrysmile:
 
@Spex10 Glad you are doing well so far! Do you have to use the CPM when you go home? I had to use it for 12 hours a day for 3 weeks! Then in decreased amount of time...gradually for 2 more weeks. I was sooo glad when that was over. I never want to see a CPM machine again in my life...lol! Try to remember to ask the doctor next time you see him how far he was able to bend it. Whatever that measurement is is what potentially you may be able to bend your knee. Mine was 130 degrees. Almost 6 months later I would say I am close. Good luck with your recovery! Keep us posted!
 
Well all I can say is so far so good! Just getting out of bed this morning and seeing my operated leg right back there with my other leg was fantastic. Must have been 90 degrees. I'm not sore either. A little stiff.
The OS said there was no evidence to show that prolonged use of a CPM was any more effective than ice, elevation and gentle physio. Very sorry to hear that you had to use it so much and for so long. I really couldn't sleep while using it overnight in hospital. Just woke up now after blissful 10 hours catching up on lost sleep.
I'm so pleased with the outcome of the MUA that even if this is as good as it gets its fine by me but I suspect that in time it will improve. Fingers crossed!
 
Delicious! Italian sparkling wine. Its like a lighter version of champagne. Can't wait to break out my bottle once off the meds.
 
Let us know when that happens - I think a few of us have a post op bottle of bubbles chillin - so a group celebration sounds great

Cait
LTKR
27th October 2016

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
That all sounds very encouraging indeed! Let us know when you're off your meds and we'll fix a time and a date to crack the bottle open! So good to hear good news! :yay:
 
What wonderful news to read this Sunday morning! I am so glad this worked for you. Please remember to not overdo it and get those tissues angry at you! Not even sore now is amazing! How uplifting to read!
 
Glad everything is working and progressing now that the MUA is behind you. Hopefully you can break out the prosecco soon!
 
90 is great! :yay: After a month in an immobilizer my OS said he'd be happy if I got to 90 (I had 120 when I left PT) so I'm sure if you stick with very gentle non-aggressive PT and lots of ice/elevation you'll move forward.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom