MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
wishing you all the best tomorrow during and right after your MUA. keep us posted.


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The best of luck tomorrow. I wish for you that the outcome far exceeds your expectations. Barbara


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Spex10 From someone who has been through an MUA...it is not as bad as it sounds! I am so happy I went through it...hoping for great results for you too!
 
I hope all goes well with your MUA. Remember to ice, elevate and baby that leg for a few weeks afterward. Scar tissue or adhesions don't like exercise and can actually make it worse.
 
Thanks everyone. Well today's the day. Just hoping to be opening that prosecco soon!
 
Best of luck on your MUA. Hope everything goes well and allows you to move forward with your recovery! My bottle of Prosecco is being chilled! :martini:
 
I pray you do great and get the ROM!
 
Well I'm back in the room and on a CPM. Its certainly getting my knee to 90 but it really feels like pressure. Its slow and steady. No prosecco yet but am enjoying a cup of tea.
 
Well I'm back in the room and on a CPM. Its certainly getting my knee to 90 but it really feels like pressure. Its slow and steady. No prosecco yet but am enjoying a cup of tea.
You get to start the prosecco party on your time. It doesn't mix well with the opioid party so perhaps later in the garden would be nice..
No doubt Mr Swelling is back to impede your knee... Is Mr. Ice in?

Welcome to the wet noodle club!
 
I'm glad the MUA is done. I hope it does the trick for you.
Did your surgeon tell you how far he was able to bend your knee?

The CPM is fine, as long as you don't overdo it. Don't let them crank up the degrees too fast and don't let it hurt you.
 
Cant have ice with the electric CPM. However its only for one night. Home tomorrow to a goodly supply of icing and elevation.
Snow on the ground outside so doubt if the prosecco party will be outside. I did REALLY enjoy my cup of Earl Gray tea though!
 
I haven't seen the OS since. He's back in the OR but the nurses said it bent right back. The machine is set to its slowest setting and only up to 90 degrees. That's a massive increase for me! I'm sure tomorrow will be pretty awful and I'll be very glad to plaster it in ice!
 
The anaesthetist has written me up for anti inflammatory meds which I couldn't have last time. He said they should really help. Fingers crossed.
 
You may need some pain meds as well. The knee could be sore for a few days.
Treat it gently.
 
Yes there's pain meds too! Don't worry I've learned a lot from this site.
 
I am so glad you're out and bending to 90 degrees! Stay medicated.
 
Happy to hear its over and you are at 90. Take it easy and let nurses pamper you.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom