Recent content by jarabas

  1. jarabas

    TKR The hardest part is not knowing where you're supposed to be

    I think you can serve yourself best by focusing on practical aspects of your recovery like going up and down the stairs, getting in and out of the car, walking, riding a bike, etc. These are things we need to do/want to do. You can celebrate increasing comfort and strength and stamina and ignore...
  2. jarabas

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Outstanding report. I am inspired. I've started swimming laps and a gym routine. Never much of a runner, but I'm walking 2 miles a day. It feels great, doesn't it?
  3. jarabas

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    :loveshwr::happydance::egypdance: Hurray!
  4. jarabas

    TKR Jan's journey to jump!

    Hello Jan. Good luck and hope to see you soon, I am also a Jan!
  5. jarabas

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Congratulations on the new knee. So glad you are comfortable. Hopefully some naps at least are on the agenda next. :sleep:
  6. jarabas

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Hi @KayeKaye I feel the same way about my PT this week. We changed my routine to strengthen my quads and hamstrings and I have been so sore from Thursday am through today. You have some company.
  7. jarabas

    Bilateral TKR Home on day 6 and feeling happy

    Hello @VeryUnique I love my hydro therapy. Couldn't wait to get started--just make sure your incision is totally healed first. You don't want to risk an infection. I have a similar experience to skigirl's--I actually enjoy my PT at this point in my recovery. I think waiting until you want to...
  8. jarabas

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    Hello @gizmotto31 You've had a rough time so far, poor thing. I cannot believe you traveled to outpatient PT and that your PT treated you like that. I didn't even have the stamina to leave my house at 8 days out from surgery. I could get through a very gentle half hour with my in home therapist...
  9. jarabas

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi Marion, Just getting caught up with you! I am so glad for all your small improvements. Hopefully, the itching has stopped--I had that too (drove me crazy.) I had a little incontinence as well and it resolved. I wonder if your OS is allowed to mail your prescription to you? An hour drive...
  10. jarabas

    TKR The hardest part is not knowing where you're supposed to be

    Hi Robin. Just got caught up on your thread. You are doing a great job with your new routine. I take gabepentin for two different conditions--restless leg syndrome, and neuropathic pain-- and it works really well for me. I'm not really qualified to say, but perhaps it is for nerve pain that...
  11. jarabas

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Wishing you both some peace and happiness! Time to imagine all the great things in your futures--springtime walks through the woods, playing with the grands, summer barbeques, enjoying the garden, etc.
  12. jarabas

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Marion, you are in my thoughts and will be as you move forward. You are about to take a huge step toward the pain-free life you want and deserve. :loveshwr:
  13. jarabas

    TKR PAIN and recovery TKR<

    Hi bionicknee, Nice to meet you. I have some of the same issues--the lateral (outside) knee pain and back of the knee pain. I would say, definitely talk to your PT about it! They have massage techniques and releases that they know how to do that are really helpful. Some of the massage is...
Back
Top Bottom