Recent content by Goody2Shoes3

  1. Goody2Shoes3

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    Hi @ Bottomshollow. I am sorry to trouble you yet again but I spoke with Jamie and my Goody2Shoes account is still there. i think I may have inadvertently set up a second account way back when i first registered and never used it so if you could just delete the name Abbey and put Goody2shoes...
  2. Goody2Shoes3

    Bump on hip

    Okay, thank you....I will take your word for it @Josephine. I had always thought the bursa was a fluid filled sack and would have expected it to feel that way, not hard, but I know you know what you are talking about. I guess the bursa must be swollen on one side then. Thank you for your help...
  3. Goody2Shoes3

    Bump on hip

    Hi @Jamie Thank you for that information. I think you may be right about the illio tibial band. i will try some of the stretches and see if that helps. I recognise from what I have read on Bonesmart that adequate pain medication is very necessary for healing after surgery. I am wondering...
  4. Goody2Shoes3

    Bump on hip

    Thank you for your reply @Josephine. I don't have an ounce of fat on the side of my hips, having the body type that carries it on my tummy. What I am feeling when I rest my hand there or press on it *when standing*, is something rounded and absolutely hard as bone. It doesnt hurt to press...
  5. Goody2Shoes3

    Bump on hip

    I am scheduled for a THR July 14 2014. Walking is getting more difficult as to be expected ...my cane helps...and about six weeks ago I carried something too heavy and developed a new pain going from hip to knee. I thought maybe i had pulled a tendon and it has never gone away. However...
  6. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

    "Basically a mirror image of the left but there's some junk in that pic if you know what I mean. " I don't know of a more delicate way to put this so........do they not use lead screens on male genitals? You are still of "childbearing" age after all.
  7. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Congratulations! :flwrysmile:
  8. Goody2Shoes3

    Signed Up For #2 Hip

    All the best for your surgery on Monday!!
  9. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

    Hi @RoofmGlad to hear things are still going well. I haven't been on Bonesmart in quite awhile as I have been spending every available minute at the hospital with my sister who sadly is in liver failure. Today is day 23 and the fight for her life continues. I missed reading your thread though...
  10. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Butterfly - Wonderful you are home! Seems so soon.... I thought they would have kept you another day. I hope all the fear and anxiety has lifted and you can rest and heal
  11. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Butterfly Flutters Over

    Way to go Butterfly !:yay: Congrats on your new hip :flwrysmile:
  12. Goody2Shoes3

    Scared newbie... Hip is shot. What if it doesn't work!!??

    "and I kind of feel like this is hopeless…Am I the only one who feels this bad and is so debilitated?" Hi shrinkette. Welcome to Bonesmart! I can totally understand your comment, and as well, others on this site have commented on how the pain and lack of mobility can really do something to...
  13. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

    You're home :yay:...... that's awesome and one more big step in the process to check off. Surgery, hospitals.....all behind you now. You have learned what not to do but even if you are feeling good, take care not to forget that in these first days. Go at it slow. Not your nature I know but you...
  14. Goody2Shoes3

    THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

    :goodpost:A stellar report......just what I was hoping to hear Roofmaster. It can only get better from here and will impact your family in a positive way. Plus you have two months to spend with them before you go back to work. It is really nice to see someone who truly appreciates a second...
Back
Top Bottom