Hi @Miss Muffet. Just wanted to say how delighted I am to hear that things are going so well. Its lovely to hear your cheerful messages and to find out about your progress. Thinking of you. Hugs and fondest thoughts xx
Hi dear @Miss Muffet. So glad to hear from you and to know it all went well. Now you can relax and concentrate on getting well and planning all the things you want to do now that you couldnt fo before. Hugs and fondest thoughts xx
Hi again @Miss Muffet. Been thinking about you all day and looking forward to hearing from you here on the other side when you are able to post. Lie back, relax and know that your way now is definitely forward. Every little step now will be in the right direction and will be a triumph as you...
Hi again @Miss Muffet. Glad you are all ready. The jitters are only natural but I am sure this is only because you have to wait. It was such a relief when we finally got on with it and Im sure it will be the same for you too. My actual surgery was great. Couldnt believe how easy they made it. I...
Hi @Miss Muffet. Well here we go. It will definitely all be worth it. Just go with the flow and let your team do their jobs. They do this all the time, whereas its a big thing for us, to them its a normal part of every day. Hugs and love. This is where your new life starts. Ill watch out for you...
Hi @abusby. Good to hear from you and have been wondering how you are doing. I really hope that you will get some reassuring answers from your team on Friday and that this is only a very temporary glitch in your recovery. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Gillywigs x
Hi @Miss Muffet. Just checking in to see how you are. So excited for you now your day is nearly here. I was only thinking today how I stressed myself out before my hip op and how unnecessary it all was. I would have the knee done tomorrow without a single worry so I hope this helps a bit. I had...
Hi @Miss Muffet and how are you doing? I am 12 weeks post op this week and am doing fine. Not using the stick around the house now and going up and downstairs properly. Saw physio the other day which was good. She told me to be more confident now. Can also pick up items from the floor but tights...
Hi @Miss Muffet. How are you doing?
So glad the waiting time is nearly over for you. Have you got an actual date in April or did I miss that on the postings? I am doing well, back to driving which is great. Down to one stick now and hoping to strengthen glutes so that I can leave that behind...
Hi @Miss Muffet. Hope you didn't think I'd forgotten you. I wanted to wait to post till I saw the consultant at six weeks so that I would have something new to report. The good news is that my x ray of my new joint was excellent. I am now down to one stick and I can do most things with care now...
Sorry @Miss Muffet should have also said that silky nighties or jimjams or any sheets or nightwear that help you to slide across the bed more easily make getting in and out of bed much less difficult. Ditto for underwear when pulling up undies over your dressing xc
Hi @Miss Muffet. How are you doing? I was really interested to hear about the height of your bed as mine is similar. When I spoke to the physio in hospital she said that higher beds were no problem but that lower beds were. I am only 5 ft and watching me trying to get my bottom and legs up onto...
Hi @Miss Muffet just wondering how you are doing today. We have had the most foul weather here in Wales, howling gales and driving winds so I havent had much to report. Today was better though. I have been feeling confident enough to move around the house using only one crutch. I trotted off for...
Hi @Miss Muffet how are you doing today? I was interested in what you said about dvt. I think every surgeon has their own preferences. I wear compression socks and am on blood thinning tablets (not warfarin) until 6 weeks post op. The compression socks are challenging to put on. My elder...
Hi @Miss Muffet thank you for the kind thoughts as always. Hope you are managing to keep your spirits up and really hope you wont have to wait too long for a date. My shoulder pains disappeared as suddenly as they came after I walked around Waitrose yesterday. Could it have been that cupcake I...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.