Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Miss Muffet . I'll try to check in on you before Thursday, but the time differences make me dizzy. I'll be thinking about you anyway. It's been a long wait for you but you have so many gathered here to cheer you on. Excited to hear all about your experience. Time will fly by. Now, it's your turn Muff. Have fun! :ice: --julie
 
@Miss Muffet . I'll try to check in on you before Thursday, but the time differences make me dizzy

I use the clock in my phone (iPhone) and there is an international part and you type in the city and it tells you the time there- easy for when I want yo schedule a Skype date in with my friend from Canada and it lets you save the clock there too so you can always check back


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@Miss Muffet
Good luck to you this week. It seems like you are all ready. I took ginger ale as well. That helped simmer down my stomach.
Looking forward to reading your recovery.
:flwrysmile::SUNsmile:
 
@Squirrellymom - worry not Julie. I suspect you'll be busy romping round the ward well before Thursday. :biking: You're very much on my mind today. Look forward to hearing when you're ready to feedback :type:

@dandy_candi - clever Candice. ive got an iPhone and will check that out especially now I have so many new international friendships! :friends: Another Bonesmart bonus.

Thank you @Arlene56 - good to hear the ginger ale helped. All these tips are so useful. Hope you have a good day :egypdance:
 
@Miss Muffet
So it looks like you will be having your RTHR Thursday. Not much longer now!
I must say that I was so happily surprised when I woke up in recovery that 1) I was alive and
2) it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.
and, then the next morning they were sending me home.
It was truly amazing!

I wish you all the best! :SUNsmile:
 
@Miss Muffet Oh my gosh! It's time for you to get on deck... the last couple of days zoom past and hopefully you will slip into a nice overdrive of sorts. I found myself getting calmer as the time grew near. It was the waiting and pain that was so horrible.
Wishing for you the very best experience. I have such wonderful memories of my surgery day and recuperation. :roseshwr:
 
@MajorHeidi - hee hee, alive sounds good and better than you anticipated even better!
@CricketHip - yes I do feel strangely calm today. Agree it is the endless wait that is so frustrating. Thank you for your good wishes. Everyone is so thoughtful on here. I love the camaraderie!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So excited for you and can't wait to hear all your advice from the other side! 49 days for me! (And counting!)


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@dandy_candi - thank you. So sweet! :friends: And I am for you. :ok:
Don't you worry it will be catalogued :type: (you must know me by now. Am in stiff competition with @Cynthia777 to top her number of posts..... :scratch:. But she's a hard act to follow. She's already worn out 2 x PCs and 3 x iPads, but don't let on I told you). And don't forget, absolutely any questions you want to ask don't hold back. The main purpose of this fabulous site is to support one another. I've gained SO much from it and any way I can lend a hand to others coming up behind then I'm here. All the wonderful Smarties did it for me and I cannot express my gratitude - from being a nervous wreck to feeling able to face something which scarred the knickers off me I actually feel able to move on. Onwards :egypdance:
 
Hi @Miss Muffet. Just checking in to see how you are. So excited for you now your day is nearly here. I was only thinking today how I stressed myself out before my hip op and how unnecessary it all was. I would have the knee done tomorrow without a single worry so I hope this helps a bit. I had a few niggles lately but theyve all miraculously disappeared during my twelfth week post op. Best thing of all. I visited Chester with family and grandchildren, went on the park and ride bus then walked all around Chester up and down flights of stairs and without my stick. Hip felt fine, no pain and I wasnt left sitting on a seat while everyone else had fun. How wonderful after 12 weeks to be able to join in like everyone else. This will be you, too. Loads of hugs and thoughts for Thursday. Everyone told me I would be fine and I was. You will too xxx
 
@Gillywigs - ah how sweet of you to remember me. Last few days with no anti-inflams has been testing but only serves to remind exactly why I'm doing this. Pretty much all set up and will start my postOp thread ahead of time so can emerge and report back. What delicious news you have about regaining your life once again. That's something I will definitely embrace - being in the back seat is no fun. Your words are such a comfort. Bless you for posting :angel:
 
I am so happy that your big day is almost here! It will be life changing for you, you'll see. I will be looking forward to reading about your adventure when you graduate to the other side. You got this, girl! :egypdance:
 
@Miss Muffet
I'm going to slap you silly girl! :rofsign:

I kind of consider the THR date(s) as kind of another special birthday because old doors that were closed, open up again. I'm sure I'm going to take up snow boarding and roller blading as soon as I recover from my second THR! :heehee:

Praying for you each and every day!
 
Good luck to you! I'm so happy for you that your day is almost here. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be third time lucky on Friday and stay your recovery buddy with our surgeries only one day apart! Looking forward to reading your recovery thread soon. -Robin :)


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
@Kitsmom - Robin thank you! It's been so difficult for you being put off twice, so you must particularly relish the idea of finally getting there. And it's lovely to have a recovery buddy to share the experience with. Any idea what your surgery time will be? Mine will be approx 3 pm English time. Bestest wishes!
 
@Arlene56 - you're so thoughtful to keep in touch. Will be starting my recovery thread early, so it's set up and ready to go, so watch out for me when I flip over and report back
 
I don't know the time yet. The surgeon's office will call on Thursday afternoon to let me know and I will post it on my thread with great excitement!


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
Good luck for tomorrow @Miss Muffet. Hope you had a wonderful pamper day yesterday and now today you must rest, do what you want to do and don't feel guilty about it. I have put my stuff together ready for Monday (its like having babies all over again, packed case at side of bed). Had such a blip yesterday when running round like a loony with the kids after school, dentist appointments, cricket, extra tuition for their sats etc.) I completely forgot to go to my best friends Hen Do!!!!!!!!! saw the phone ring at 7.30 whilst I was dishing out tea, threw it at hub and told him to say i was on my way and had forgotten phone, arrived an hour late with lanky hair tied back, no make up and a thrown on summer dress in the pouring rain. But safe to say I had a great time, only wish I hadn't been driving and could consume some life saver. (don't think family appreciated the soggy sprouts though):rotfl:. Have a good nights sleep if you can and I will watch out for you tomorrow. Take care ,Also @Kitsmom, good luck to you for Friday.:wave:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom