THR Gillywigs has a new hip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CatLady1 - thanks very much Sheryl. I am typing up my preOp notes as I think of things. It's a bit of a tome but I don't care. I'd rather ask than wonder. I will note all the measurements and add them. Really helpful. Thanks again!
 
@ Miss Muffet - you are smart to be on the BS forums reading up on everything. I spent two weeks reading (between diagnosis and 2nd consultation with a 2nd OS) -- trying to find out more info about this "hip replacement' that old people got, and why on earth I should say yes at such a young age?? :what: I wasn't really thinking about what questions to ask, and how I'd take a shower, and how I'd sit on the toilet, ... etc. I guess most of my concerns at the beginning was whether I thought the OS was any good, and knew what he was doing (and I wouldn't be a surgical experiment) :scare:
Of course, reading everyone's pre-surgery stories / comments here helped reduce some of the other concerns.
 
Hi @Miss Muffet and how are you doing? I am 12 weeks post op this week and am doing fine. Not using the stick around the house now and going up and downstairs properly. Saw physio the other day which was good. She told me to be more confident now. Can also pick up items from the floor but tights are still an absolute drag to put on (hubby has to help to put right foot in). Other than that all seems to be okay. Have recently experienced some slight swelling of ankle on operated side with very tense muscles down the back of my lower leg. Physio says its just using muscles that havent been used for a long time. We are in April now and your surgery must be coming soon. You will feel so much better. Let us know how you are doing. I will try to post more often if you feel like a "chat". Hugs and fondest thoughts xx
 
hi @Gillywigs - how lovely to hear from you and am very pleased to hear about your progress. You must feel so chuffed to be able to achieve things like stairs and how blessed to be out of pain. It must feel like a distant memory. It makes sense that your muscles are complaining after being under used, and these are all points for me to remember when I'm at that stage. Yes a week on Thursday is my day and it suddenly seems to have crept up fast. I really do plan to post regularly. I have found everyone else's postOp posts so helpful. Do keep in touch - always good to hear from old friends!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom