Recent content by GaRosehippy

  1. GaRosehippy

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    Sheryl, have you heard from Brian lately?
  2. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

    Thought I would pop in and drop a journal to update those interested in my status....Hips are doing AWESOME! My biggest issue is my knee. On August 1, 2013, while at work I tore the meniscus in my right knee. September 6th they did surgery and removed 60% of it. I did PT for 6 weeks, knee...
  3. GaRosehippy

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Hey Buddy, just checking in on you, you look amazing! So wonderful to hear how well you are doing, the photographs are breathtaking. Wishing you continued good fortune in your recovery. Love ya.
  4. GaRosehippy

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    Hey girl, you know my feelings on the matter, get it done and over with! You will be brand new in no time. Life isn't worth living if every day is filled with pain and there is a solution. You have already been through it once, so you know what is in store for you. With your deductible met...
  5. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

    Knee surgery over, wrapped from crotch to toes with huge dressing on the knee area until Monday at 4 when I go for PT. Had nausea, vomiting and no sleep till late yesterday afternoon. All my drugs say take with food or mild, can't do food or milk when you want to throw up! Today is better...
  6. GaRosehippy

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Hello Bill, knew you make a wonderful HIPPIE! So glad that all has gone well for you, just rest and take it easy my friend. One of our worst enemies is ourselves and our desire to get in gear and go, go, go. You have waited so long and you deserve what the future holds for you which will...
  7. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR A thank-you and an introduction

    What a show off! You better be careful, you can easily over do it and not even realize it until it is too late. Just a heads up. I know once they finish cleaning my knee out I will be doing stairs like that once again. Take care!
  8. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR A thank-you and an introduction

    @NewlyHip ....I agree with your comments, I too never banked blood, left the hospital with a within range hemoglobin. Also, like you both at once seemed to make more sense. One hospital stay, one time under, same PT time and recoup. You leave the hospital walking regardless of having one or...
  9. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

    @ HoppyNanny, Chrissie........a cuke is short for cucumbers.... @MajorHeidi, Claire, thanks for the note, hope you get over the bronchitis, it sucks having a cold in the summer, seems to last forever. Feel better soon my friend. @Dieter.....Thanks for the line, nice to know you guys are...
  10. GaRosehippy

    THR 5 weeks post and still in constant pain

    Yes, you should still be hurting, not sugar coating it for you! It isn't a wake up and go surgery, well it kinda is, but it is a long road to be completely healed, I am learning from experience. I wasn't lucky enough to have the pain meds due to allergies, so I understand your discomfort. My...
  11. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

    Just a holler to my fellow HIPPIES that remain out there in the vast internet world of BSers. @jackspratt how did the GP visit go about your knee? Are you still limping? I am doing the "waddle" upon rising from a sitting position for about the first 5-10 steps then I am on a roll! My energy...
  12. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR bilateral THR 10/22/12

    I was just checking your site as I hope to have such a wonderful story a year from now. I am hoping that this time of healing will just become a blur and my life will return to normal. Hate the shark issue, that is my fear in salt water even if it is ankle deep, if something nibbles on me my...
  13. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR A thank-you and an introduction

    @cr8tvt .......my opinion on the surgery is sometimes too much information is just frightening. It is good to do your research and be comfortable with your OS, but some folks can just worry themselves to death over the smallest things. Your date is coming quickly, just don't dwell on the date...
  14. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR A thank-you and an introduction

    You know, I never had to wear the TEDs either, I felt so left out from everyone......no log leg, no TEDS, I guess I was just the odd ball out. At our outing last night I must have been asked by 20+ people about my hips and folks trying to make things easier for me. I just told folks that I was...
  15. GaRosehippy

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    @DrToonz........Just updated on you, wow I am so envious of your capabilities! I have almost made it to the 4th month and I am disappointed in my progress.....I actually regressed for a while, piriformis syndrome, a real pain in the butt! Still stiff and waddle the first 5-6 steps upon rising...
Back
Top Bottom