Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Roseann, I'm allowing myself a short time visiting with you all. I'm hoping all your troubles are settling down. and
In the mean time know we are here for you and we care about you and your recovery. xx

You were doing so good -- hold onto that -- you'll be back! Life is and will be great again.
 
@Josephine.......Yes the diagrams are appropriately marked. I had answered all the questions in depth, you told me to take your advice or suffer the consequences. It may not be the piriformis muscle, but I can feel knotted muscles that hurt in my buttocks. I have been on oral steroids since the 6th of May, no difference. I have pain that shoots down past my knees to the top of my foot at times.

The OS that did my right knee in Sept. has to go back in and finish removing the meniscus, outer tear right knee, he took out 60%, now says he should have taken it all out, flap is getting caught, knee is swollen, Baker's cysts and an effusion? Back to using knee brace.

I do not have a life that allows me not to work. I support my family, used all my leave so I had no choice about going back to work when I did. I do have gel packs that I sit/lay on. I keep them inside pillow cases in the freezer so no germs to transfer. I also purchased some that are clay like substance, they work out great at the incision sites.

Both incision sites feel warm, left warmer. Each has bulges at the base, I am assuming that is just swollen still from the surgery or daily wear and tear. Go back to the hip OS first or second week of June, hope he will have some explanations or fixes for all the discomfort/pain.
 
@GaRosehippy I am sorry you are still struggling with pain. I hope the OS visit in early June gives you some answers and relief. You so deserve it. I am like you and have to go back to work pretty quickly. I planned on staying home for 4-6 weeks and than heading back to the office if all goes well. I will have to work from home during the 4-6 weeks that I am out as we are very busy right now and I can't afford to just take 2-3 months off from work. Not possible, so I do sympathize. Keep us posted.
 
Roseann did go back to work quickly but many have to -- many of the March, April and early May hippies went back to work at 2-6 weeks.

I was back to work on Day 5 with a light duty schedule -- I think I would be more crazy now if I did not. Actually, I have coped quite well during the day while working. Physically, I did not have a problem -- though I am lucky to work from my home with my child care business and have had a super assistant for the last year and very supportive families -- and husband and kids. I take care of little ones while Roseann takes care of the old folks -- her bumps in recovery are just that she will get back in the saddle soon enough :wink:

If you set things up with care @Serenity41 allowing yourself rest time, ice time, and activity as tolerated, you will be fine!
 
@GaRosehippy, just wanted to say hope your pain is easing now and is overuse combined with your knee issues. Good luck with your upcoming appointment. With kind thoughts, Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hey @GaRosehippy Thinking of you and commiserating...I'm having some issues with my piriformis and IT band, likely from overdoing this last week...I am icing and taking it easy this weekend, hope you are as well
 
Piriformis what a pain in the fanny! I tried to pick blackberries today and the leaning and reaching hurt so bad, there was no joy in doing what I love to do. Still hurting guys, don't know for how long. Taking the oral steroids, Tylenol and morphine daily, ice gel packs on my rump. Blueberries are going to be ready soon and I always put up jam, as long as I don't have to bend I will be able to pick them. Plums are ripe too. I really hate this bump in the road, just hope that it will resolve itself with time. Workman's comp is working on scheduling the repeat knee surgery, told them it will have to wait until the end of June as there are too many things scheduled at work already. Everyone take care.
 
Hope this bump in the road clears up for you soon @GaRosehippy........reading your posts you said "my family are out of patience with me and I am out of patience". It is still so early days in your recovery.....I found at 8/10 weeks out was only the start of the real recovery and that is when all the challenges started! I had NO patience at the start of this but have sure had to learn it! Trouble is, like you I wanted to be 'normal' again very quickly after all the years of disability. I had a few weeks of plantar faciitis in my foot and then a few weeks with IB pain ....each time it meant going back to basics....resting and icing...such a drag. But I'm 8 months out and everything (apart from knee pain?) is great. I am so lucky to be retired and able to take it easy when I need to and so feel for you having to go back to work. Hoping everything calms down and you can move forward in your recovery soon....Take care....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I could come help you pick! I'd love to see your place, it sounds like our dream. . . . we are still planting fruit trees and berry bushes. Our blueberry bush has green blueberries - we'll have to race the birds to them. I've always wanted to learn to make good jams and jellies!
 
@GaRosehippy So good to see your post, Roseann! I think about you. I still believe things will improve for you with time. It is just so damn hard to see the end of this recovery ordeal because it seems so far off in the distance! Hoping you can pick those yummy berries soon with no pain! I am getting "better" slowly, but surely. I still have a lot of trouble walking for any distance. It just tires me out because I struggle when I walk, it's just not natural yet. My hip is still not strong enough, I guess. I still feel some minor pain in my knee and thigh. It's not horrible, but it definitely keeps me from walking comfortably. We walked home from my neighbors yesterday and I was tired and a little out of breath trying to keep up with my husband's normal stride. Felt like I used to feel after a run! Sometimes I wonder if I should go back to a cane for awhile just to take some pressure off the hip. Are you still using any walking aids? That might help you.

@Hoppy Nanny Chrissie, I enjoy all of your posts. Reading of your experience through this process always makes me feel more "normal". Thanks! :SUNsmile:

Keep in touch, Roseann! Hugs to you.
 
Hi Roseann,
Good to hear from you.
I hope you get those blueberries out with no trouble to you. The jam sure sounds yummy.
I just froze some blueberries, but not my own.
Take it easy on yourself as you can with that piriformis pain. it seems that issue takes time, but
does heal up.
I know you will be happier after the knee gets fixed.
xo
 
Hey guys, thanks for all you well wishes and thinking of yous! Debbie I have problems walking too, I just hate that I was walking really well and now...........well now sucks, probably has some to do with the knee getting worse. I am not using anything for assistance, other then the knee brace is back on. It is more on my left side, can't figure out how to use a cane on that side, brain doesn't want to work that side. Will keep you guys posted as things, good and bad come along....Everyone take care, stay strong and remain optimistic.......
 
Roseann - how are you doing? I went strawberry picking last week with my little ones and was thinking and hoping you are doing much, much better!

Funny, with my right side aching, I tried to see if using a cane would help, and I could NOT figure out how to use the cane for that side!

Missing your funny and wild stories!
 
hi Me2 and Roseann, I hope you don't mind me butting in but I'm having problems walking too as my knee on my right leg is so painful and swollen when I walk. I've been walking without a stick mainly but am having to use one again when I go out as I'm limping. Only problem is I can't get the hang of using it in my left hand which is obviously the 'wrong' side that I've gotten used to! I seem to wave it around randomly! I haven't resorted to wearing a brace on my knee yet but am off to see my GP next week to ask to be referred for a new knee.
 
Just a holler to my fellow HIPPIES that remain out there in the vast internet world of BSers. @jackspratt how did the GP visit go about your knee? Are you still limping? I am doing the "waddle" upon rising from a sitting position for about the first 5-10 steps then I am on a roll!

My energy level still remains lower then I would like, still exhausted after a long day at work and playing domestic goddess at home. The Georgia heat will drain you by itself, days in the high 90's not counting the heat index!

Blackberries are history, blueberries are ready for picking and in about 2 weeks they will be history also. Garden is growing and producing mass amounts of yellow squash, zucchini, cukes and tomatoes. Sharing the bounty of my harvest with my beloved seniors.

Knee surgery to clean up the left-over trash the knee OS did not remove during the first surgery will take place on the 11th of July, then a rerun of PT to follow, as you can note a wee bit of sarcasm in that remark. Not looking forward to it, but I truly believe it has slowed my hip recovery, so while remaining optimistic that he will finish the job he started last September, I expect to be hopping and skipping shortly thereafter!

I continue to remain optimistic although some days really are not rainbows and lollipops, just letting you Hippies know that I am still here........until next time....Take care everyone.
 
Hi Roseann, @GaRosehippy good to hear your update!
July 11th it is for the knee business. that should help, but another tough row to hoe.
Glad your garden is flourishing, and so shall you!

I am still trying to get over bronchitis... second round of different antibiotic and prednisone still hasn't
cut it. Bummer. Haha on the prednisone it has eliminated my stiffness on standing.
But, I am sure it is a temporary thing like a mirage.

Hope you aren't in too much pain prior to the surgery, and get on your feet soon again.
Take care.
xo
 
Good on you Roseann - you sound as though you are being really positive which is great!! I hope that knee comes right for you as well!! Make sure you keep us updated on your progress too
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom