Recent content by Flowerqueen

  1. Flowerqueen

    TKR Recovering

    It will be 4 months on Thursday that I had my right knee replaced and still can’t easily go down stairs. Also when I sit at work when I do stand up I have to wait for everything to settle before I can walk.. anyone else have these issues
  2. Flowerqueen

    TKR Recovering

    12 weeks tomorrow and I still have the tight band feeling around my knee. I feel like a lot of the time I still walk like I have a peg leg. I have been doing more and more because I refuse to sit around all day. When I do sit for any period of time I feel like I’m 95 yrs old when I stand up. I...
  3. Flowerqueen

    TKR Recovering

    oh my aching back!! Has any one else had back and hip pain after TKR.
  4. Flowerqueen

    TKR Almost one year out

    I went to my 8 week appt yesterday. I no longer need to go to PT. I think I have been to 15 sessions. they gave me exercises to do at home. The doctor asked me if I was ready to do the other knee.....I just laughed and said I think I'll wait awhile. I dont really have much pain but stiff when...
  5. Flowerqueen

    TKR 5 months out

    I also try to elevate as much as possible I am 6 weeks out. Some days I feel ok and dont ice as often but always elevate after being on my feet for a while and before bed.
  6. Flowerqueen

    TKR Emotionally Stuck

    I am 6 weeks post op. Last week at PT I started crying for no reason and couldn't stop. I wasnt in pain or anything.....just crying. I think I had just had enough of the whole knee thing. Now if that wasnt embarrassing!!
  7. Flowerqueen

    TKR Update on Slower Recovery

    I took turmeric for several months prior to my surgery on 4/26. Although I think it did help somewhat with the swelling and pain I was having I still needed the surgery. I have started to take it again since my other knee hurts and I have no plans on going thru this again anytime soon. I'll let...
  8. Flowerqueen

    TKR LTKR May 12

    I was taking oxicodone before PT and at bed for the 1st 4 weeks. My doctor told me to try cut the pill in half one night and the next night in 1/4. I did and the following night I took Tylenol PM to help me sleep. Well I had a pin and needle feeling all night long!!!I I called the doctor in the...
  9. Flowerqueen

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    I’m glad your 1st day back went well. I went to Pt today and she told me to massage the incision to toughen it up to wearing tighter pants. She said coconut oil will help with the scar
  10. Flowerqueen

    TKR Tightness in knee

    I went for a 1/2 ride and made my husband pull over so I could sit in the back with my foot up
  11. Flowerqueen

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    We are both blessed to have caring bosses!!:)
  12. Flowerqueen

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Good luck to you on your return to work. I have been working an 8 hour day from home after 3 weeks. The 1st week was very tiring. But it all worked out. I dont go back to the doctors until 6/22 and then he said we would discuss going back to the office. Its nice to be able to ice when I need...
  13. Flowerqueen

    TKR Update on Slower Recovery

    I’ll be 5 weeks on Memorial Day... I just skipped a trip to Target with my husband. I can’t even Imagine walking through that whole store let alone on a golf course. Ive been working from home for the past two weeks. I asked the dr this week when I can return to the office. He said lets wait...
  14. Flowerqueen

    TKR Recovering

    I saw the doctor yesterday for my 4 week check up. He said I was doing extremely well. I told him i dont feel it. He said all the pains and swelling are normal and to keep elevating and icing. He told since my ROM is 124 I can cut back my PT to 1 time a week as long as I use my stationary bike...
Back
Top Bottom