TKR Emotionally Stuck

Awe. I have had the blues more than once since my LTKR on April 1. I also have insomnia and nothing has helped with that. I do like reading on here, it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone in this journey. I pray a lot, and try to tell myself this too shall pass. I hope you feel better. :) :-) (:
 
The 'blues' are a rough patch for sure. Something that I didn't see in any of the threads was simply sitting outside. Front porch, back porch, middle of the yard - it doesn't matter. Just let the sunshine on you for a bit. (Not long enough for a sunburn though.) You can hopefully even have a chair & table when your leg will be elevated some. Of course if its raining you'll want to sit under the porch!

Something else to keep in mind is music. If your inclined crank up the radio or pop in your earbuds and listen away. Let the music take you away.
 
I agree with @eaglemom . On my list of daily things to do is to be outside for a little bit. I lay back in a zero gravity chair...kind of like laying back in the dentist chair. It also helps my heel pain, because my foot has no pressure on it. I take out our little dog for potty and I lay in the chair for 5ish minutes. Feeling the sun/cool air/wind, whatever the weather might be has helped my mood.
 
Hi all,

I’m one month out on Knee #2 and really caught off guard by the Post Op Blues. I know I am in the early days but, dang, today is just a really down day. I’m tired of being tired! I wake up with great ideas, drink my lovely cup of coffee and then it seems like it’s just a waiting game for my knee to bend a wee bit more so I can feel like there is actual progress.

I know I am doing well at this stage. I am walking unassisted, can actually do revolutions on my exercise bike, have made the decision to forego formal PT and I just want to slap myself out of feeling down and tired.

Today was not a good day…thanks for listening.
 
Wow! This is scary! My surgery is in 3 days. I'm already very depressed, feel exhausted, no motivation, loss of appetite, ready to take a nap by 10AM, and on the verge of tears most of the day. Sounds like this could really make recovery even more difficult!
 
Chin up, twins! We all have down days but then there are good days, too, and sounds like you are making excellent progress! There is always tomorrow...
 
Hi Twins,
I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. I’ve been struggling too. I’m at 7 weeks. I keep thinking that in between resting and exercise I should be doing “something”, although just what I have no idea!

reading this forum tells me that some post ops blues are normal and they will pass!

hoping the blues pass soon for you!
 
@ihavetwins know you’re not alone in feeling blue. I have days when getting out of bed is the only productive thing I do! What do you do to pass the time? I have found coloring while listening to relaxing music to be very therapeutic.

You are doing great and this is a wonderful place to come and whine as every one has likely experienced the same along our recovery journey.
 
I am 6 weeks post op. Last week at PT I started crying for no reason and couldn't stop.
I wasnt in pain or anything.....just crying. I think I had just had enough of the whole knee thing.
Now if that wasnt embarrassing!!
 
@Nan47 I‘m so sorry to have alarmed you so close to your surgery date! It seems like it‘s very normal to experience the post-op blues phase but it does pass.

The beauty of this forum is it allows us to just say it out loud, which is a huge help, and know that we aren’t on our own.

Good luck with your surgery and stay connected to Bonesmart. It will truly help with your recovery.
 
Hi ShaggyDoodle.
I suspect you have moved on with your best life now, and may not even check in on here any more. If you do, how did you find the 'losses and regrets' blues progressed? I'm 10 days post op and find I'm crying frequently about these things and even becoming distraught at sad news reports and death of people I don't even know. Its absolutely draining
 
Back
Top Bottom